Blockland Glass 4.2

Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 291129 times)

So why even ask the user? Just download it in the background.
I think you should always get the user's permission before downloading anything.

I wonder what's planned for 1.1.2.

I think you should always get the user's permission before downloading anything.
Gft files are harmless. There's nothing dangerous about downloading them, it's quite a difference to downloading scripts.

Chances are the user has no idea what he's doing, and appearantly these files are required. First time setup should be automatic without ways for the user to mess it up because he doesn't know better.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 08:43:04 AM by Zeblote »

It's a bit of both. I agree that the download needs user confirmation, but it also doesn't give them any other option other than to accept. There's no X button and Decline greats them with a message saying that's not really an option.

It's actually only a single font, but each size has to be kept as a separate file. It's for continuity with the website. If you don't have them, a lot of things won't appear, so it's sorta important.

In 1.1.1, there's an explanation on the right and the decline button gives you a message explaining all of this instead of doing nothing.
New site looks amazing, the only thing I don't like is the rounded buttons but everything looks great!

It looks like the welcome message somehow displayed before the font download. I'll look in to it.

Just a PSA, Glass and christbot's Support_Prefs (v3) are no longer compatible due to some irresponsible development practices. They'll work together again in the future, but it won't be for quite awhile, since we're neck-deep in transitioning everything over to the new site's system. Using anything pre-v3 will still work fine.

I was a doofus and tried to make use of the "development" branch on a vehicle. Ambulance, specifically.

If I need to make an update, I'll only want to update stable.

Is there some way to just delete the development branch since I'm not... developing it?

The development branch isn't a development tool, it's just the branch that's in development. You can just delete System_BlocklandGlass.zip and put in the stable zip.

Any further developments will be stable.

Can the development branch of my Ambulance be deleted?

Oh, sorry, I entirely misread your question. My bad. Yeah, I'll delete it.

haha, thanks. I'm real sleep deprived at the moment and I wasn't sure which one of us wasn't making sense.

The Preferences tab seems to be broken, as selecting certain prefs with numbers will overwrite the numeric value and if I were to type a number, no numbers would appear other than 0, letters appear and so do symbols, but not numbers for some strange reason

The Preferences tab seems to be broken, as selecting certain prefs with numbers will overwrite the numeric value and if I were to type a number, no numbers would appear other than 0, letters appear and so do symbols, but not numbers for some strange reason
this is my fault, see above. :\

After installing, I am now in "sending punch packet" hell.
10/10