Blockland Glass 4.2

Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 291131 times)

i'd rather not have my console spammed because an addon is using prefs from a badly and lazily renamed rtb. just drop all support for orbs functions. not too much of a loss imo.

The warning shouldn't be given if some add-on that isn't oRBs is trying to do something. It should only be given if oRBs is actually installed.

Right, the message comes up when the oRBs_registerPref function is called.. which shouldn't be called unless oRBs is installed, assuming the add-on author used the correct way of hooking in to RTB/oRBs. It appears many don't and simply check for the existence of the function instead, which is something we didn't anticipate.

Per RTB/oRBs documentation, developers should check for a global variable when registering prefs. If it's not set, load RTB. If RTB doesn't exist, then don't call the methods. With Glass's compatibility, the oRBs global variable is not set, leading us to assume correctly implemented add-ons wouldn't still try to register oRBs prefs without oRBs.

What you're all asking for is also what we implemented (or at least intended to implement), but with evidently incorrect assumptions about authors' implementation of RTB prefs. We'll work around broken add-ons in the future, I suppose.

I have a strange issue with my server setting saving on a dedicated server.

Every time I host and adjust the settings on the Glass server preferences interface while on a dedicated server, it won't save after I type quit(); in the dedicated server's console. The auto admin list isn't there after starting the dedicated server again, and the server settings are reverted to how the defaults. The only thing that saves is the add-on preferences. I'm not sure if it's an add-on doing something to the settings.

Right, the message comes up when the oRBs_registerPref function is called.. which shouldn't be called unless oRBs is installed, assuming the add-on author used the correct way of hooking in to RTB/oRBs. It appears many don't and simply check for the existence of the function instead, which is something we didn't anticipate.

Per RTB/oRBs documentation, developers should check for a global variable when registering prefs. If it's not set, load RTB. If RTB doesn't exist, then don't call the methods. With Glass's compatibility, the oRBs global variable is not set, leading us to assume correctly implemented add-ons wouldn't still try to register oRBs prefs without oRBs.

What you're all asking for is also what we implemented (or at least intended to implement), but with evidently incorrect assumptions about authors' implementation of RTB prefs. We'll work around broken add-ons in the future, I suppose.
Line 9 of compatibility.cs
Code: [Select]
$ORBS::Hooks::ServerControl = true; // yup oRBs tooBut maybe you could just move the spam inside that
Code: [Select]
if(isFunction("oRBs_registerPref")) { you already have in the packaged function instead. That way they only get the error if the function exists, correct?

i have created a pull request that should deal with the recent orbs issues. i am a bit rusty, so im not sure i did it completely right. with some changes (if needed) please consider merging this.

I've merged the pull request.

Beta 1 for version 4.2.0, the creators update, is now available for download, only 5 months after our targeted release date!

Changes:
  • Added bug report system, available from the bug button on the top right of the overlay
  • Added crash detection system
  • Added new logging system
  • Blockland console.logs are now backed up
  • Optimized Glass Live user list rendering, nearly 100x faster (less lag!)
  • Added category headers to rooms
  • Added chatroom persistence
  • The Glass Manual is now pulled from the website so that it can be modified without an update
  • Added add-on groups
  • Added DAA authentication for Glass Live, improving security (thanks McTwist!)
  • Improved Glass Live reliability
  • Revamped authentication system, improving reliability and stability
  • Re-added RTB imports, again
  • Added RGB preference type
  • Added emoticon suggestion/prediction

The list may be incomplete as its' been a while since this update entered development. Please report any bugs you may come across!

when is there going to be the full release of 4.2.0?
also smoke weed everyday because its version 420. get it? ok, i'm not funny...

a really minor glitch report: the "that's not me" button on the account verification popup doesn't seem to do anything!

note: i'm not using the beta, just whichever the last stable version is

a really minor glitch report: the "that's not me" button on the account verification popup doesn't seem to do anything!
are you sure it isn't just very faintly playing the beach boys song every time you click it

ot I loving love this client I don't know how I found out about it so late. wanted to ask is there a way to hide the messages of people joining/leaving chats? clogs up quickly
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 03:24:21 PM by ChappersTeddy »

are you sure it isn't just very faintly playing the beach boys song every time you click it

ot I loving love this client I don't know how I found out about it so late. wanted to ask is there a way to hide the messages of people joining/leaving chats? clogs up quickly
Yeah check out the settings window, there are toggles for pretty much everything.

Beta 2 for version 4.2.0 is now available for download.

Changes:
  • Fixed recurring RTB imports
  • Changed Glass Live user list headers
  • Fixed lingering headers
  • Tweaked Glass Live friend GUI design
  • Updated Support_Preferences to 2.0.2 (prefs now save to file when updated)

The update should be out in just a minute. Please be sure to report any bugs you encounter!