Why is Tezuni and his servers so despised?

Author Topic: Why is Tezuni and his servers so despised?  (Read 22833 times)

Oh lovely. The Return of that broken record of an argument about the donation system.

People give money.

They get a 'Thanks for contributing, have a gift for you donation!'.

Even if they're donating purely to get a said gift for donating, they're still donating.

Ever heard of Patreon?
Same concept.
Give money to support whatever you're donating to, get a reward for donating/for loyalty.

Ever heard of Patreon?
Same concept.
Give money to support whatever you're donating to, get a reward for donating/for loyalty.
Patreon goes very out of its way to make it clear that pledges are not donations.

Yes but he is giving the players stuff aswell which makes it not a donation. Did you read the second link?

Oh my god, why the forget does it matter? You are continuing this stupid argument for pages over whether it should be called a donation or a gift. What the forget does it matter? You are seriously grasping for straws if this is what this topic has become. When it says "Donate" do you understand what it means? Most people do, it doesn't need an exact dictionary definition. What the hell are you trying to accomplish with your insufferable arguing?   

can we end the thread now pls

Despite what all the haters and such (I am a hater lol) think, he is good for the playerbase.

You said donations and gift are synonymns right? That means that the words can interchange and keep the sentence the same.

What? No? Synonym means that two words mean the same thing.

Ike can you give me the definition of donation again?

forget outta here with this petty ass bullstuff. Use your brain instead of trying to match pictures like an ape.

We can obviously tell that Tezuni is not using your donations for anything other than keeping the server alive. Obviously is it extremely generous of a user to donate money to a (stuff) server that runs on a base game that's only ten loving dollars. It is so out of this world to reward this generosity with a small gift?

Actually it's not a donation, it's more like a purchase of in-game items. I doubt people would "donate" as much without this "gift" in return.

What? No? Synonym means that two words mean the same thing.
I mean, yeah, that's a more specific way of saying what he said. What exactly are you denying here.

I doubt people would "donate" as much without this "gift" in return.

No stuff sherlock, otherwise there wouldn't need to be a reason to implement donation benefits in the first place

But if you had a great job, you wouldn't be needing donations...
Do you even understand what a donation is?

The fact you can donate more money then the actual price of the game is pretty funny
Sorry for doublepost but this is the same thing with alot of big Valve titles, pretty ridiculous.

Actually it's not a donation, it's more like a purchase of in-game items. I doubt people would "donate" as much without this "gift" in return.

If the Salvation Army gave you a free sticker after every donation, is it suddenly no longer a loving donation? The money goes to an account, and the cost of the server is drawn from this account. It does not go to Tezuni's personal spending account. It goes to a server which is frequented by Blocklanders, for the enjoyment of the community, and thus they do not have to spend money to play on the server.

Sounds a lot like a donation to me.

If the Salvation Army gave you a free sticker after every donation, is it suddenly no longer a loving donation? The money goes to an account, and the cost of the server is drawn from this account. It does not go to Tezuni's personal spending account. It goes to a server which is frequented by Blocklanders, for the enjoyment of the community, and thus they do not have to spend money to play on the server.

Sounds a lot like a donation to me.
A sticker is useless. Access to a room with extra items is not. You're comparing apples to oranges here, I doubt a sticker would cause more people to donate to them.

That the money is being used to pay for the server is irrelevant. You give money to Badspot, he gives you a blockland key in return and uses the money to pay for the master server and CDN. Is that a donation?

I'm not saying the system is bad, by the way. I just don't think you can call it a donation if you get something useful in return.

Let me re-iterate something: I don't like Tezuni or his servers. Personally I'd love to see the donation disappear because then I probably wouldn't have to see his garbage servers on the server list. But what I don't like is all these dipstuff donation gestapo characters stuffting on Tezuni because he dares give some players some trinket-tier bullstuff when they spend over 2x the game's worth of their own money to help him maintain his server.

A sticker is useless. Access to a room with extra items is not. You're comparing apples to oranges here, I doubt a sticker would cause more people to donate to them.
I'm not saying the system is bad, by the way. I just don't think you can call it a donation if you get something useful in return.

$5 for a particle effect? $25 for some extra guns? I guess a few extra gimmicky guns in a jail dress up game might be more useful than a sticker if I was literally 5 years old. Paying $25 for some cutesy souvenir-tier knick-knacks isn't 'useful', it's just a gewgaw for paying a dis-proportional large sum of money out of appreciation for a server.

Is it possible that people are probably sending in donations for some half-assed titles to feel important on a lego game? Yeah, definitely. Or maybe they just have extra money to throw around and don't want to see the server die. I don't understand why it matters, and I don't understand why you're trying to speak for them. You're missing the point either way.

Let's step it up a bit, say Salvation Army throws in a free T-Shirt. Are we apples to apples yet? Still a donation.

That the money is being used to pay for the server is irrelevant. You give money to Badspot, he gives you a blockland key in return and uses the money to pay for the master server and CDN. Is that a donation?

The difference being that Badspot earns a forgetload of money from selling copies of Blockland and turns a gigantic profit to the point where he can sit inside all day drawing lesbian research because his entire income comes from this game. I'd be surprised if Tezuni's expensive ass VPN wasn't putting him in a deficit, regardless of his donation system.

Do you have to pay $10 to access Tezuni's server? Talk about forgetin' apples to oranges.

I'm not even a moderator on his servers.
He has Super Admin on you're server.