Poll

Are you hyped for the new update?

Yes
81 (68.1%)
No
38 (31.9%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Author Topic: Blockland Classic  (Read 30638 times)

Bump, Hosting server!
Please Join!
Map: Bedroom
I may join later this week. Here is some progress of Blockland 0002 running on Torque Game Engine 1.5.2. Once it's finished I'll ask Badspot if I can release this port of Blockland 0002. There are three features that can't be ported: Swimming, jetpack and wearing hats.

..oh yeah, who believed that The Planets map idea disappeared when version 21 arrived? It didn't. I'm remaking the map from zero again for the ported Blockland 0002 version.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:02:28 PM by Antares »

..oh yeah, who believed that The Planets map idea disappeared when version 21 arrived? It didn't. I'm remaking the map from zero again for the ported Blockland 0002 version.
ho-ly stuff

I have so many memories in this map :o

What exactly is this?
Blockland Classic Mod is a modified Blockland v0002 client. It gives the old Blockland Alpha a more modern look with Blockland Retail textures. Since Blockland v0002 was build on Torque Game Engine 1.1 (2001), it was time to port the old Blockland to Torque Game Engine 1.5.2 (2007). The main reason was that v0002 has sometimes a lot of crashes or lag.

neat
Blockland v0002 was ported to Torque Game Engine 1.5.2 for the people who loved the game so much. The entire editor of TGE 1.1 and 1.5.2 had to be mixed up, datablocks had to be fixed, text decorations in DefaultProfiles had to be re-made. It was one hell of a job, but it worked. Here is some new progress.

i love the absolute lie of a main menu screenshot

what exactly is the point other than maps and the lego figure playermodel

just play regular blockland??????

what exactly is the point other than maps and the lego figure playermodel

just play regular blockland??????
If you haven't seen the description the idea is to mix the v0002 and Retail style into one game.

Aren't there way newer versions of Torque you could've updated to?

Aren't there way newer versions of Torque you could've updated to?
Toque Game Engine 1.5.2 was the last version to be released in 2007. TGEA versions may have more features like shaders but many stuff will be useless for a simple building game.

would it be possible to have maps and shaders in this
(plz)

i love the absolute lie of a main menu screenshot
?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 05:51:10 PM by Lego lad »

would it be possible to have maps and shaders in this
(plz)
?

Shadows and shaders are added be default in Torque Game Engine Advanced. I am not very good at C++ coding yet, I barely started with Java two years ago. But I don't know if it turns out great with v0002.

At this point this should just be moved to general discussion.