Blockland Classic

Poll

Are you hyped for the new update?

Yes
81 (68.1%)
No
38 (31.9%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Author Topic: Blockland Classic  (Read 30449 times)

I downloaded it, and it didn't run. However, now I can't delete it because it says that the file is in use by System. I already tried rebooting my computer, how do I get rid of this file?
EDIT: Using the Unlocker utility doesn't work either.
EDIT 2: I managed to remove it by booting into Safe Mode.
Which OS are you using? What does the console log saying?

Edit: seems like a Windows 10 problem. Try to run it in Windows 7 compatibility. I remember that I removed it from starting automatically in Windows 7 compatibility, sorry.
Edit 2: Setup has been updated, try it out now.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 01:08:43 PM by Antares »

Woah everything is coming up nicely done!

Great job Antares!

Woah everything is coming up nicely done!

Great job Antares!
Thanks. I am currently going to port Return To Blockland 1.045. There is a lot of work to do but I think that this might bring the RTB community alive again.

holy stuff the nostalgia

Edit: by the way, pressing X on the Server Browser causes the game to crash.  I don't know if this is a WINE-related issue or if it applies to all systems, but to fix it just replace the closeCommand with Canvas.getContent().exit();
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 01:32:12 AM by brickybob »

holy stuff the nostalgia

Edit: by the way, pressing X on the Server Browser causes the game to crash.  I don't know if this is a WINE-related issue or if it applies to all systems, but to fix it just replace the closeCommand with Canvas.getContent().exit();
Thanks. I'll look at it.

Jesus Christ! That's some great stuff. 10/10

I prefer the classic v.002 studs and I'm REALLY not a fan of the color you chose for the head of the player.
The studs are too small.
Plus, the jetpacks are totally wrong. A simple click that you hold for 1.3 seconds and you get launched into the ceiling which kills you. You move too fast. nerf velocity pls

Otherwise I'm really happy with what you've done. But please fix/change the studs and head or make an option to switch.

<3
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 05:41:21 PM by kahnuu »

I prefer the classic v.002 studs and I'm REALLY not a fan of the color you chose for the head of the player.
The studs are too small.
Plus, the jetpacks are totally wrong. A simple click that you hold for 1.3 seconds and you get launched into the ceiling which kills you. You move too fast. nerf velocity pls

Otherwise I'm really happy with what you've done. But please fix/change the studs and head or make an option to switch.

<3

That doesn't look like the studs in the OP...

That doesn't look like the studs in the OP...

its the studs in the game, though.

its the studs in the game, though.
I just ran the game and my studs looked like OP's.

The studs are too small.

<3
I can change them back. It was Spongebob idea to turn the block studs into a sort of the old 'Lego' style but still keeping the Retail block stud texture. Jetpack will also be fixed as soon as possible.

Antares, you should make a archive webpage
For older versions

I can change them back. It was Spongebob idea to turn the block studs into a sort of the old 'Lego' style but still keeping the Retail block stud texture. Jetpack will also be fixed as soon as possible.

Also use a different stud texture. This one has a shadow on one side and can make the studs look inconsistent and wrong.

Also, I would like to host a server/support the master server.
Questions:

If I host a server through Classic, do I have to portforward or does it already work?
Where can I send you money to support this game?
When are you making forums, and if so, may I help? One of my old forums I made for a friend who never really used it: http://199x.boards.net/
If you need help with models, may I help?

Isn't this whole game pretty much the same as The orange block?

-snip-

Also use a different stud texture. This one has a shadow on one side and can make the studs look inconsistent and wrong.

Also, I would like to host a server/support the master server.
Questions:

If I host a server through Classic, do I have to portforward or does it already work?
Where can I send you money to support this game?
When are you making forums, and if so, may I help? One of my old forums I made for a friend who never really used it: http://199x.boards.net/
If you need help with models, may I help?
1. No, you'll have to forward your ports. If you're not sure, host the dedicated server on the default port (128000) and check the master server list of gnometech if it's up.
2. I don't need any money.
3. I haven't thought about this yet but the site will be made soon.
4. Sure, but I don't need any help at the moment.

Isn't this whole game pretty much the same as The orange block?

The Orange Block headed it's own way. Blockland Classic Mod is just a fan-made modification to mix some of Vanilla and Retail into one game.