Poll

Are you hyped for the new update?

Yes
81 (68.1%)
No
38 (31.9%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Author Topic: Blockland Classic  (Read 30627 times)

You should make it's own website, I'd love that, and maybe its own fourms, too.

Added beta screenshots to OP!

I'm hangin out on a server! Join me for fun!

I'm hangin out on a server! Join me for fun!
I'll join in about a hour. I'm not home right now.

If someone has ever seen the news archive of Blockland, you can see that Badspot had plans to update Blockland v0002 in 2005.

For the next version I hope to have the following features:
Complete Avatar Custimization (every part a different color, etc)
Players spawn with hammer and spray can
More inventory slots
Jet pack particle effect
Death effect
Manual brick limit setting
Stop bricks from being placed inside environment geomertry
Require player to be at least somewhat near the bricks they are placing
Improve jetpack force
Optimize the bricks a little
Limit number of bricks a player can place in one second (just enough to stop server crashing scripts)
Ability to change the map through admin menu

TBM but worser

The former TBM community just discovered that the engine version where v0002 was build on is very limited. They have finally woken up.

- An update for most of the fans out there, a new planet map. There is only one problem: the only way to travel to other planets is only possible for admins. Jetpack was coded into the source code of the original v0002 exe. The buildpads will also return for people who loved to build satellites.

Stuff to do:
• Vehicle spawn system like Retail has (2 vehicles per player)
• Easier change map window
• Cleaned up admin GUI
• Escape menu GUI

« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 06:54:49 PM by Antares »

hosting a server just for fun currently
"Average Server"

You should make it's own website, I'd love that, and maybe its own fourms, too.
Sorry for not responding earlier on your idea. Once I have some more money, I'll buy a second webhosting. Since I got a car last summer, the prices are expensive here in Holland like insurance. All of my money goes into study, fuel for the car, college money each month and other stuff.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 12:33:16 PM by Antares »

so basically, the orange block

Nice to see youre still around, Antares.

?
screenshot with brick shadows
of which this game does not have

so basically, the orange block
The big difference between ToB and BCM is that this is a MODIFICATION for v0002. I've heard and seen a lot stuff that The Orange Block went ahead with their own ripped LEGO game which is made from v0002.

The idea behind this mod is to make Alpha a bit more modern with less crashes. There was a planned update for v0002 but it quickly went further as Blockland Retail we know today.

I'm also planning to add an IRC client ingame to resemble the former RTB mod for everything it stood for. As with the things that are used ingame, the credits can be seen in the help page. I'm also adding four Blockland vehicles in the future.

For the material that I need like some Blockland vehicles made by the community will receive a PM for permission to use their add-on in v0002. They'll be named in credits with links to their forum profiles.

For any other questions about this project, ask me.

Nice to see youre still around, Antares.
Thanks. I didn't know that people still remember me.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 05:26:34 PM by Antares »

Here is the new Administrator and ChangeMap GUI. As the new version is nearing it's release very soon, I need some beta-testers. Don't forget to like the Facebook page.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 03:05:54 PM by Antares »