Author Topic: "Block Trek" Star Trek Megathread - Toy Enterprise Model  (Read 65200 times)

Just finished some editing on a really nice screenshot of the Daedalus. Check it out.

This image will be used for the new Block Trek logo.

Also, have a cool version of it with an Earth orbit background.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 02:29:38 AM by Planr »

Oh my god. You know i barely remember NasaBoy building anything spectacular when i first started, then i log in today 7 years later and i see this.

Phenomenal, good work.
Cool  :cookieMonster:
I am exploding with joy, I would love to give this a visit.
Yeah that sounds awesome! Great work!
nice
Thanks for all the positive feedback and support, guys! We really appreciate it. Building these ships is enjoyable, but your support makes it even more worthwhile.

Speaking of which, it's coming about time for when we've got enough work to finally host a gamemode!
I've been hard at work making a configured version of the Lionheart's upper decks, and converting them into an interior-only build specifically for playing gamemodes on.
The atmosphere inside the ship is super dark, with lots of fog and other cool effects. Flashlights are required to find your way around.

Question is, what kind of gamemode would you like to see hosted on it? There are two current options on the table:
  • Hunters VS Prey
  • Starship Creeper

TDMs and CTF games for this will be coming in the future, but for now these are the two gamemode ideas I have and would like to stick to.

However, if you feel you have any other cool ideas, please send me suggestions on what else we could do for fun that would work out well.

Everything looks great. I would definitely say Starship Creeper. That's such an old school and nostalgic server. Haven't been on one of those since like 2011

Everything looks great. I would definitely say Starship Creeper. That's such an old school and nostalgic server. Haven't been on one of those since like 2011

Starship Creeper would be fitting considering the Tribbles episode.

New logo for the OP is completed! The Daedalus was great for this picture.

I also made it into a HL2/Source engine game spray for use in advertising Blockland when I am playing TF2.

That's a neat idea, hopefully it'll gather a few more players!

Hey Planr, do you mind if i use this build for a space RP im going to host? I know you have the save files up but i don't want to do it without your permission. I'll be sure to credit you in the welcome message if you allow it!

Hey Planr, do you mind if i use this build for a space RP im going to host? I know you have the save files up but i don't want to do it without your permission. I'll be sure to credit you in the welcome message if you allow it!
Absolutely, go for it man. The builds are not complete yet but you are more than welcome to play with them as you see fit :)

Kane class Gamemode Map Screenshots

This is the preliminary work on the Starship Creeper/Hunters VS Prey map on the Lionheart. The interiors are set to pitch-black lighting and tons of fog and spoopy lights are added.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 11:53:03 PM by Planr »

the screnshots are chilling yet cool. i love it!

I think I will port some of the music from Metroid Fusion for this gamemode. Should be spine-shivering.

Polls are tied! Let's see which one will win!

Additionally, to free up room in the OP, I will modify my first post to store the credits and poll statistics. Everything on that first post (gallery content) will be merged with the 2nd gallery post.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 12:50:21 PM by Planr »

Enterprise Refit - Alpha Screenshots #3

Its been a few days, so time for a new update!  I haven't worked on this as much as last week due to having four college exams this week (!!FUN!!).

So, what is new?  Quite a lot for the amount of time I have put into it!
-Finished the exterior of  the flight control center(quite cramped and unfinished on the interior)
-Shuttle bay mostly complete.
-Started some lower storage areas connected to the bay
-Started working on a set of working shuttle elevators (Outline by the black lines on the ground in the pictures below)
-Stared laying out the cargo bay and deck heights (Behind the tan door that I put up because it looks cooler right now)

Now for pictures!

Shuttle Bay Door (Closed):

Shuttle Bay Door (Open):

Closer View of the Shuttle Bay:

Shuttle Lifts (Yellow outlines with numbers) and Door to the Cargo Bay:

Roof Details in the Shuttle Bay (I love window pane bricks):

Building this portion of the ship has been really enjoyable, but has brought some challenges with it.  As stated before, flight control is right above the hangar door and is so smushed in there that the ceiling is at minimum height right now.  I am not sure it is worth it to keep the room there, as it complicated the exterior in that area for not a huge gain (I'm not entirely happy with it as is).  Another thing is that the height of the cargo bay is fairly low compared to the 1:1 bay.  Because I am working in 2:3 it is naturally only 2 decks when it should be 3.  I had to compromise on the shape of the bay because of this, the ceiling should really be more curved on the top compared to the flat part in the build.  Another problem due to the sizing was the observation areas on either side of the bay on the second deck.  Because of the smaller scale there is not much room up there between the walls of the observation area and the outside hull.  Currently that area is unfinished and I really don't know how I want to finish it.

It wasn't all bad, however!  I really like how the shuttle bay door turned out, it was built very thin by using small ramps that are back to back.  I also found out how to use witchcraft to hold it all together (hint: it doesn't use zone bricks!).  I'm really loving all the details I have been able to incorporate into the ceilings with half bricks and window pane bricks.  Did I mention I love window pan bricks?  Well I love window pane bricks, they are amazing.  They can be used with just about everything, not just windows (of course you can still use them there, I use them for all the portholes!).  All the ceilings are covered in them and then ribbing and support beams are added on top and inside of them to add a large amount of depth.  I'm really trying to make the all the surfaces as interesting as possible while still holding onto the cleanness of the star trek ships and so far I think it has turned out great!

So that's it for this update, stay tuned here for more progress or join my server sometime!  I have started a discord channel for people on the server to chat with me and ask questions!  I should be hosting for most of this weekend while I'm working on the ship.  Also an update on the video series I want to do, I am definitely going to do it but it won't start for a few weeks.  I don't think it is feasible for me to record in my college dorm room as it's too loud.  My finals are the last week in April and I will be going home after them.  I'll record the first episode when I get home and hopefully have it uploaded that week after finals!