The Jongest Lourney (Forum Game ft. Lego) -we can finally kill people again-

Poll

how do you feel about the different format

it's better than before
4 (66.7%)
i'm dumb and i don't like it
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: The Jongest Lourney (Forum Game ft. Lego) -we can finally kill people again-  (Read 14958 times)

Ask him if he knows anything about a guy stripping naked and stuffting on his car, running into an apartment, dumping his load and assaulting the tenant to see if the cops are still on the case.

"Uh, hey man..."

"Hm?"

His voice seems low and gruff. Almost stereotypical of the type of person you'd see in his position.

"Do you know if the cops are still after that guy who stripped naked and broke into that apar-" You're cut off before you can finish.

"So it was you. Look man, I'm gonna be busy real soon, but I guess I got a moment to spare for a renegade like you. I'll check."

You step in close to appear less conspicuous, and also so you can get a look at what this mysterious character is doing.

From his trenchcoat, he pulls out a small device. From what you can see (and that's not much), it has information on police reports?

He seems to have gathered enough information to give you the scoop, saying "Well then, you're quite the lucky man. The officers arrested a naked man with "fake stubble" and gave him a thirty year sentence, no questions asked, no investigation held, despite the man screaming and shouting that he was the victim."

"... I see."

"You know, you're an especially evil kind of prick. I like that. What's your deal?"

You tell him everything that's happened to you. You feel you can trust him.

"Sounds like you had quite a day. Maybe I should fill you in on the world, since you can't seem to remember anything."

You felt that things were off since you arrived in the city, so you prepare to listen to what he has to say.

"In 2020, as technology was becoming more and more advanced, the United States kicked up surveillance to a whole new level. People rallied against it at first, but common men were voiceless and powerless at that point. Almost all technology used by the public, unless it's thoroughly encrypted, is monitored 24/7 by the government for the sake of security. Nothing is private, and the 'freedom' that American citizens experience is a cleverly crafted illusion.

"The worst part however, is the militarization of all police forces, who now have free reign over society and can arrest anyone for any reason. Mostly, though, they will engage anyone who breaks the new, phony laws. Remember freedom of speech? Of course you don't, but even if you could, you wouldn't. Anything deemed offensive or infringing on another person or their rights will earn you an express ticket to prison, and it should be noted that it's no paradise there.

"To keep the people blind and happy, the government portrays prisons as 'rehabilitation institutions,' but really, they're just mass torture chambers. Prisoners are tortured and killed sometimes. I've seen it myself. And if you think this would get press coverage, don't. News media is a puppet that only tells about how grand our new way of life is. If they even step out of line once, it's covered up and whoever thought they could get away with it disappears forever.

"Welcome to the world of 2027, where the government controls everything, the corporations sell you and sue you for anything and everything, and no one can say anything out of line."

That was a lot more than you planned on taking in.

And then ask him if he knows any of these types of markets:
White markets, grey markets, and black markets.
And red, violet, green and blue markets.
Ask for any markets (red black green etc)
and see if you can get an identity

"This is horrible. But what's your excuse? And how can I get in on it? Is there a black market? A white market? Or any other color markets? I'm an equal opportunity shopper. Oh, and some kind of identity to lower suspicion and help 'integrate' me into 'society' would help."

He gives a quick chuckle, and tells you "No one in their right mind was going to let themselves be subjected to this. There's an underground network of people like me who enjoy their privacy and are free to do as they please... as long as no one besides us in the network are around. We've got some great folk who have been working on our own technology to counter surveillance; to give us a chance to live life as it was supposed to be lived... But to be honest, this isn't how it's supposed to be lived. Freedom in secret isn't freedom at all. The real goal behind this 'organization' if you will, is to find the weak points in this world. The leaking cracks. You hit hard enough at the right time and the right place, and people will start waking up.

"Anyway, stick with me for a while, and I can help you get situated. New ID, new gear, and a new life. Everything to get you started with helping our cause."

Hold up a minute there... Join the cause?

"Do I have to join your... 'cause'?"

"Look man, if you like making a mess on other people's couches, then yes, you'll want to support us. But don't worry, you can help out just by doing what you've been doing. Fighting the status quo. It's really a win/win scenario. You get to go nuts every now and then and we get the benefits that come from that. Just try not to get caught, or it'll be all over for you. You'll be the first martyr for your crusade."

You ponder over his words as you wait for him to finish his business. A man shows up and takes a brown, clunky, paper bag from Mr. Trenchcoat.

Now it's time for things to get rolling.

"Come on, kid. Let's go hit up the Underground for some goodies."

Mr. Trenchcoat is leading you to the one place where you can get stuff that will keep you from getting annihilated by the world above.

Can you think of anything you'd like to talk to him about along the way?

Environment:
Time = 6:??PM (unknown day) tree oh
Exterior Temperature = Comfortable.
Interior Temperature = N/A
Weather = Scattered Clouds, Slight Breeze.

Inventory:
-Neat Clothes
-144 Credits

Information:
Name = Clutch Powers, AKA "Evil"
Armor = 4
Skill = 1d6
Movement = (5") per action turn
Bonuses and Perks = Trichophagia: Can survive on the nutrients in hair alone.
Charming: 10% chance of receiving +1 to Skill Roll when interacting with women. (Improvable by 10% intervals with training)
Catlike: 20% chance of receiving +1 to Skill Roll when performing maneuvers that require agility. (Improvable by 10% intervals with training)

Condition = Normal
Hunger = Pretty Hungry
Bowels = Cannot release waste until next day
Libido = Charged
Energy = Diminishing (Sleep required in 4.5 hours)
Karma = -50
Overall Infamy = 10 (You streaked through the downtown area of a city, broke into an apartment, and assaulted the tenant)
Immediate Notoriety = 0 Authorities are no longer concerned with your case.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 01:37:39 AM by Frequency »

ask to wear his trenchcoat

why is his leg metal?
is he star-fox?

Ask if you can pee on his mechanical leg to see if it will spark

"When we get to wherever you're taking me, can I take a nap? I haven't slept in a *yawn* while"

"When we get to wherever you're taking me, can I take a nap? I haven't slept in a *yawn* while"

And ask for food

Ask if you should bring your car to help the "cause". Also ask if he knows anything about the decapitated woman in the house outside the city.

make small talk, to try to learn more about this man.

talk about the weather

Is this dead?

i'm just not home right now

i also have to design the underground to an extent i'll just design it as we go so i can spend more time on updates lol

and then i have to make back and forth pictures for the dialogue

don't worry, i'm not abandoning this
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:13:29 AM by Frequency »

ask to wear his trenchcoat

"Hey man, can I wear your trenchcoat?"

"... No, I need to wear it for now."

why is his leg metal?
is he star-fox?
Ask if you can pee on his mechanical leg to see if it will spark

"Why is your leg made of metal? Are you... Star Fox?"

"... I lost my leg and arm in a bad accident several years ago, so I was given cybernetic prosthetics."

"Oh... can I pee on it?"

"Don't make me regret taking you with me."

"Alright alright, I just wanted to see if it would spark."

"It wouldn't. It's insulated so I can swim with it."

And ask for food
Gotta Search for food

"When we get to wherever you're taking me, can I take a nap? I haven't slept or eaten in a... *yawn*... while."

"You might be able to nap there if you want. There's also some decent food down there. I would not, however, recommend choosing to 'live' there. You might want to find a decent place above ground."

ask for a mask

"Can I get a mask? You know, to protect my identity when I'm causing trouble in the city?"

"You can purchase everything you need once we reach The Underground."

Ask if you should bring your car to help the "cause". Also ask if he knows anything about the decapitated woman in the house outside the city.

"You know, I've got a car. Would it help with the, uh, cause?"

"Not really. Most of us have expendable cars, so it's better if you just treat it like you normally would."

"Ah. Well, I got it from this woman an hour or two outside the city. She uh, kind of 'lost her mind', you could say. Have you seen any information about a decapitated woman outside the city?"

He kind of groans in disgust before saying "No, I haven't. I'll keep an ear out though."

get plastic skin surgery

"Do you think I could get plastic surgery to disguise myself?"

"The only reason you would need to do that is if you didn't want to be recognized by facial recognition scanners, and I think you've already got that covered for some reason..."

"Well never mind then."

talk about the weather
make small talk, to try to learn more about this man.

"So... The weather's pretty nice around here."

"You're talking about the weather now after all that?"

"Sorry. To be honest, I'd like to know more about you."

"You don't need to know too much. I'm just someone who really appreciates true freedom, and I'm willing to bring it back to this world by any means necessary."

"Right... Well, you got a name I can call you by?"

"Harry. You?"

"Clutch, but you can call me Evil."

After spending your time talking, Harry stops at a rather conspicuous manhole on the sidewalk.

"Uh, you guys live in the sewers?"

"Sort of. Come on, let's go down while the coast is clear."

You climb down into the sewers and see... nothing, really.

"Hey, it's really dark in here..."

"I've got us covered."

It appears he has a flashlight.

Harry leads you some distance until you reach a peculiar looking surface along the wall of the sewer.

"There's a hidden panel here that opens up a password interface," he tells you.

After he accesses the password panel, you hear some hydraulic noises and watch as a section of the sewer wall moves out of the way.

Time to check out this secret, underground society.

Harry lets you make your way in first.

What lies before is a scene of people going about their business as if it were day. They almost seem as content as the sheeple above.

"Wow... It's so... normal?"

"This is the main plaza. Just get used to it for now. This is pretty much the only place where you can get anything that will help you in any way. Don't expect any handouts though. Also, there's something I'd like to give you."

Oooh, a handout!

"This is a spare, modded handset I'd like to give to you since you'll be frequenting this area a lot. I've adjusted it just for you. You'll be able to navigate The Underground, have encrypted messaging and phone calls via the network we've established over the years, and generally get any information you might need."

"Wow, thanks."

"I'm going to take care of a few things and then head back to the city. If you need anything, contact me or just look it up. I do recommend that you make an effort not to piss off the locals. Properly motivated, they can be as vicious as the police squads above. Catch you later."

So you're on your own now, in The Underground, where you can find almost anything you could possibly need.

You think to yourself about what you could possibly do while you're down here.

Currently, you could...

Change your outfit/hairstyle,
Purchase an identity so you aren't completely conspicuous in the city,
Purchase weapons, tools or gear,
Look for odd jobs to pick up some extra cash,
Find some food,
Or rest for the night at an inn.
Or maybe you can think of something less productive.

Environment:
Time = 7:10PM, Saturday, 01/16/2027
Exterior Temperature = N/A
Interior Temperature = Comfortable.
Weather = N/A

Inventory:
-Neat Clothes
-Modded Handset
-144 Credits

Information:
Name = Clutch Powers, AKA "Evil"
Armor = 4
Skill = 1d6
Movement = (5") per action turn
Bonuses and Perks = Trichophagia: Can survive on the nutrients in hair alone.
Charming: 10% chance of receiving +1 to Skill Roll when interacting with women. (Improvable by 10% intervals with training)
Catlike: 20% chance of receiving +1 to Skill Roll when performing maneuvers that require agility. (Improvable by 10% intervals with training)

Condition = Normal
Hunger = Very Hungry
Bowels = Cannot release waste until next day
Libido = Charged
Energy = Diminishing (Sleep required in 4 hours)
Karma = -50
Overall Infamy = 10 (You streaked through the downtown area of a city, broke into an apartment, and assaulted the tenant)
Immediate Notoriety = 0
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:10:17 AM by Frequency »