Poll

Is Swollow the champion?

yes
no

Author Topic: 👍👌 Blocklander of the Year 2015 [2015 WINNER: Swollow] 💪⚠️  (Read 85856 times)

I don't understand why people are upset with Pecon over expressing her frustration. She has made good contributions to this community and this game. I don't see it as being arrogant—I see it as being honest.

And as much as I love DestroyerOfBlocks, he hasn't really made significant contributions to the game. He's a funny guy, sure, and his review thread is great, but this is Blocklander of the year, not forumer.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 03:23:04 AM by Electrk. »

I've got an idea.

I can make a voting script in php that forces each voter to authenticate with a Blockland account. It just involves entering your Blockland name before your vote is counted.
I'll go ahead and work on this now.
So this was an idea last year.

I worked my butt off for the last 7 hours and now have a proof-of-concept ready for this idea. Please try out the test poll below.
http://vote.block.land/?action=viewPoll&poll=7

The main idea behind this is that it's a system that's supposed to make voting in the Blockland community actually work right. You have to own Blockland to vote through it, and some of it's design discourages voting with alts but ultimately I cannot prevent that.

I'm really tired now. I'll probably continue work on this tonight.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 04:29:10 AM by Pecon »

you know, no one actually wins anything from this poll, it's just for fun and posterity.

this goes to the riggers ruining the fun as well as the people bitching about the polls and turning this into some ideological battle - relax. it's just a poll on the forums.

you know, no one actually wins anything from this poll, it's just for fun and posterity.
but what about the sash and crown we're offering

it disturbs me how seriously pecon is taking this poll
it's
it's just a poll in blf.
it doesn't really mean anything tangible and no one will actually remenber it for 99% of next year
seriously you don't need to frustrate yourself so much about it, everyone knows you have done things for the community
you don't have to constantly demonstrate it and get annoyed that you're not being voted a million times more than some other guy
like seriously i think you're going hella overboard.

it disturbs me how seriously pecon is taking this poll
it's
it's just a poll in blf.
it doesn't really mean anything tangible and no one will actually remenber it for 99% of next year
seriously you don't need to frustrate yourself so much about it, everyone knows you have done things for the community
you don't have to constantly demonstrate it and get annoyed that you're not being voted a million times more than some other guy
like seriously i think you're going hella overboard.
I don't know where you're getting that impression. I stopped caring and stopped responding to that conversation after my last reply to Nick like 14 hours ago. So instead of arguing I spent my time last night working on that better polling system I posted right above here.

this whole thing is hilarious

but this is Blocklander of the year, not forumer.
I disagree, I believe that the title can go to both a person who contributes mods, servers and builds to Blockland, or a forumer whom is helpful, entertaining or intelligent; Why have the topic in Off Topic if not to include both? I find it should be someone who represents the game as a whole - community included - and I think through either medium it is possible to represent such. Maybe someone hosts a really cool server that makes other people want to play, or maybe someone on the forums, through kindness or wit, makes other people think the community isn't so bad; rather that it is fun perhaps. But I guess at the end of the day it's however you interpret what the internet title goes to, and it's really just for fun.

you guys can keep telling yourselves that it was nickpb or someone using alts to exploit the polls, when all along it was me, dio!

you guys can keep telling yourselves that it was nickpb or someone using alts to exploit the polls, when all along it was me, dio!

I only have 1 alt and that's Nickpb1
idk why XR keeps saying he's been watching my "Alts"

I only have 1 alt and that's Nickpb1
idk why XR keeps saying he's been watching my "Alts"
I've been keeping tabs on your accounts as well as some of your friends accounts (of whom I will not be sharing)

Nickpb1 + Nickpb 2.0 = 2 accounts

I never even said alts either, just "accounts".

No I'm pretty sure that equals 12

oh stuff 40 to 39 we can do this
we can destroy the bribes
we can dunk the oppression
down with the krusty krab

we can burn this poll like the vietnamese jungle
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 01:34:45 PM by Clownfish »