👍👌 Blocklander of the Year 2015 [2015 WINNER: Swollow] 💪⚠️

Poll

Is Swollow the champion?

yes
no

Author Topic: 👍👌 Blocklander of the Year 2015 [2015 WINNER: Swollow] 💪⚠️  (Read 84469 times)

CONGRATULATIONS TO SWOLLOW

BLOCKLANDER OF THE YEAR 2015

FINAL RESULTS

SWOLLOW (1st place): 42 votes
SIR DOOBLE (2nd place): 17 votes
PECON (3rd place): 16 votes
ZEBLOTE (4th place): 15 votes

Original post:

Blocklander of the Year 2015

Ha, you guys thought I was gonna forget, didn't you?

Since 2013, this has been an annual thing. This will be the third round of BLoY considering that there has been a phenomenal amount of participation in the past. Both years have had their share of problems as well as humor, and I expect that it will happen again this year.

Synopsis

In the Blocklander of the Year competition, all forum users may participate in nominating who they think deserves to be the best Blockland user of the year. Your reason for a nomination does not matter. Did the person release an unforgettable, game-changing add-on? Did the person resolve a big argument? Did the person tie your shoes when you couldn't? Each user has a capstone limit of five nominations, all of which will be anonymously stored by me until poll time (usually sometime around mid-December). All nominations will reach the polls, even if they only have one nomination. The polls will decide which users are worthy enough to reach the semi-finals, of which there are multiple rounds. The four winners of the semi-finals will advance to a single final poll. The winner of that poll will win the 2015 title.

Previous Winners

2013 Blocklander of the Year

Teneksi

2014 Blocklander of the Year

Wrapperup

Rules

1. You may only nominate a maximum of five users.

2. I ask that your nominations be sent by PM to my inbox so that I can count/find and receive notification of the votes easier.

3. You may not nominate yourself or any of your affiliated alternate accounts.

4. You may not nominate joke accounts.

5. You may not nominate bots.

6. Do not flame or harass users because you don't like them or their nominations.

7. Your nominations must have been active sometime during this year whether on the forums or in game.

8. You may not nominate a ban-on-sight user.

9. **NEW THIS YEAR**I beg of you to not create spam accounts in order to vote. It only creates more trouble for me trying to implement external polls and such acts of desperation on an online forum is immature and unnecessary.

Schedule

November 24: OP is constructed and posted. Comments, suggestions, and other sources of help are appreciated.

November 26 (Thanksgiving): Starting at midnight, nominations will be accepted and tallied.

December 7: The first poll opens. Nominations will no longer be accepted once the first poll is running.

~December 21 (dates vary depending on amount of nominations): Semi-finals begin.

~December 30-31: Final poll is held. Winner is decided on the evening of December 31 regardless of schedule.

Frequently Asked Questions

Here I will answer common questions that usually come up in this project.

Q. I have had my ability to PM revoked. Can I still nominate users?
A. Yes. If at all possible, please try to contact me via Steam. If you do not have Steam or prefer to not go to the trouble of it, then I guess you can post your nominations in the thread. However, should you need your nominations edited or found for some other reason, it will be very difficult for me to find them again.

Q. Am I required to nominate five users?
A. No. Five is your limit, not your requirement.

**(ADDED 11/27)** Q. Can I nominate a user multiple times?
A. Yes, but I don't know why you would do that. A person with 10 nominations is just as likely to get into the polls as someone with only 1 nomination.

Q. I just thought of a user more deserving of the title but already maxed out my nominations. Can I swap out one of submitted nominations for a new one?
A. Absolutely, as long as nominations are still opened. Once again, I prefer that this is done over PM or on Steam so that I am sure to address the situation. However, you may not change your nomination(s) once the polls have begun.

Q. How do you resolve tiebreakers?
A. If I end a poll and the winner is a two (or more) way tie, then I will hold a shortened poll at a later date between the tied users and the winner of that poll will move to the next round.

Q. How do you decide who appears in what poll and with whom?
A. All polls are set up completely randomly using a website that randomly draws names for me. I have no say in who goes where whatsoever.

Q. The user that I want to nominate is banned and has either left or is serving a sentence, but is not ban-on-sight. Can I still nominate them?
A. Yes, as long as they've been on the forums or in game sometime during the year.

Q. Most of the users nominated are from the forums. Why don't you call this "Forumer of the Year"?
A. Because everyone has the option to nominate someone who is active in game and does not (or no longer) use(s) the forums.

Q. The user I want to nominate is ban-on-sight on the forums, but is still very active and helpful in game. Can I nominate them on this technicality?
A. No. If someone was stupid enough to be forcefully and permanently exiled from the forums, they are not eligible.

Q. What happens if my nomination manages to be permanently banished in the duration of this project?
A. Your nomination will be removed, but I will contact you about it and allow you to choose a new user if you wish. If it happens during the polls however, the user will simply be terminated from the list without replacement. Think of it like a "No returns after 30 days" type of thing.

Q. Can I nominate someone who won last year?
A. Yes.

Q. Why don't you share with us which users are already nominated?
A. Due to the fact that everyone who has received one or more nominations makes the polls, access to the list of nominations would encourage people to only nominate users who have not been nominated. Doing so could result in me having to sift through 200+ users that many people may or may not have even heard of and construct days and days worth of polls. Since most polls last for only about 24 hours, there simply would not be enough days for all those users.

Q. How do we know you aren't altering or sabotaging anything behind the scenes?
A. I don't know what to tell you here. You'll just have to either trust me or else not play along. As a heads-up however, I submit my nominations before even posting the thread, so as long as you can take my word for it, I don't even have the power to pick and choose who I think should make the poll.

Q. Does this belong in Forum Games?
A. As far as I'm concerned, no. This is more of a project run primarily by me and the fundamental plan of it all is not affected by other users as is the case with Forum Games. There is no real goal that anyone can actually attain by themselves as it relies on other users voting for the person.

Nomination Record

November 26, 2015: 87 nominations (franchise record)

Poll Results

Poll 1

DestroyerOfBlocks/You: 14 votes
Filipe/Filipe1020: 13 votes

Poll 2

Greek2Me: 19 votes
Electrk: 14 votes

Poll 3

Zeblote: 24 votes
Maxwell: 21 votes

Poll 4

hodot: 37 votes
Brickman: 23 votes

Poll 5

Masterlegodude: 29 votes
[GSF]Ghost: 25 votes

Poll 6

McJob*: 26 votes
Pecon: 25 votes
Camel: 21 votes (won tiebreaker 61-45)

*Rigged, will be competing against Camel in a tiebreaker round

Poll 7

Swollow: 44 votes
Nickpb: 37 votes
IkeTheGeneric*: 21 votes (won tiebreaker 66-31)

*Will be holding a tiebreaker between Nickpb and IkeTheGeneric due to suspicious circumstances

Poll 8

Swholli: 37 votes
Trogtor: 25 votes

Poll 9

Gytyyhgfffff*: 23 votes (won tiebreaker 48-34)
Darryl McKoy (Boltster)*: 23 votes
Jairo: 14 votes

*Tiebreaker will be held after regular polls

Poll 10

sir dooble: (25 votes)
Sugar: (22 votes)

Semi-final (Poll 1)

Zeblote (20 votes)

Semi-final (Poll 2)

sir dooble (28 votes)

Semi-final (Poll 3)

Swollow (27 votes)

Semi-final (Poll 4)

Pecon (55 votes) (won tiebreaker 34-23)
DestroyerOfBlocks (55 votes)

Nominated Users

1st Place (8 nominations): sir dooble, Trogtor
2nd Place (7 nominations): Maxwell, Zeblote
3rd Place (5 nominations): Camel, Electrk, sorrel, XR-7

4th place (4 nominations): hodot, neonfallout
5th place (3 nominations): Badspot, Jairo, McJob, Nickpb
6th place (2 nominations): Darryl McKoy, Filipe, Frequency, Georges, Gytyyhgfffff, Lego lad, Mr.Nobody, Swholli
7th place (1 nomination): [GSF]Ghost, Ahead, Akio, Allun Pentax, blazerblock2, blockguy, BluetoothBoy, Brickitect, Brickman, CapTMeaT, Clownfish, dargereldren, Destroyer, DestroyerOfBlocks, Doughboy, Freek, Greek2Me, grunterdb1951, Harm94, Honno, HULKHOGANWWFWORLDCHAMPION, IkeTheGeneric, Jerkface, Kimon, Kyuande, Masterlegodude, Mr. Unicode, NightHawk, Ninja Decoy, otto-san, Pecon, Plethora, Ravencroft, rlcbm, stufflord, Sugar, Swollow, Tayasaurus, tber123, Teneksi, Tetris, The Murderous Cop, TheBlackParrot, Tornado Kirby, Trinick, Tudoreleu, Valkerone, Waru
Happy Voting!

End Credits

XR-7 - coordinator
XR-7 - director
XR-7 - OP
Pecon - voting system
XR-7 - updater person
XR-7 - clean-up crew
Electrk - Swollow's cat
Swholli - fake dog
Swollow - Blocklander of the Year
Swhollow - not a real person
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 12:15:13 AM by XR-7 »

Successful Submitters
(not to be confused with nominations)

Swat One (MAX)
Dreams_Of_Cheese (MAX)
The Murderous Cop (MAX)

Niff (2)
Redconer (MAX)
Electrk. (MAX)

Darth C3P0 (2)
Snaked_Snake (MAX)
Trogtor (1)
Red Spy (3)
TeeOS (2)
SeventhSandwich (MAX)
kouenT (4)
Clownfish (MAX)
neonfallout (1)
Rally (MAX)
Conan (3)
Jairo (2)
Nonnel (MAX)
Moriarty (1)
Glass Joe (MAX)
MoltenKitten (MAX)
Maxwell. (MAX)
Lego lad (1)
Tetris (1)
Mr.Noßody (1)
Georges (4)
Planr (MAX)
Steve5451² (2)
Count (1)
Nickpb (MAX)
Akio (1)
Frequency (MAX)
Cybertails1998 (1)
rggbnnnnn (MAX)
RTBARCHIVE (MAX)
CapTMeaT (1)
HULKHOGANWWFWORLDCHAMPION (2)
grunterdb1951 (1)
Velateen (1)
Brickman (1)

Campaigns
(sorted by user)

VOTE TEEOS FOR BLOCKLANDER OF THE YEAR
A TRUE AMERICAN/BRITISH/WHATEVER YOU WANT HERO

TEEOS HAS BEEN SUPPORTING YOUR RIGHTS SINCE 1776, AT THE FOUNDING OF THESE FORUMS

HERE ARE UNCREDITED FACTS ABOUT TEEOS AND HIS RUNNING MATE F3D TO TELL YOU WHY HE IS THE BEST CANDIDATE

VOTE TEEOS AND I WILL BRING US TO THE HEAVENS
JUST A REMINDER AS TO WHY TEEOS IS THE BEST CANIDATE FOR YOU

• NOT A NERD OR CHUMP, UNLIKE OTHER CANDIDATES
  • HAS DONE NOTHING NOTABLY WRONG THIS YEAR
  • LIKES LONG WALKS ON THE BEACH AND FREEDOM
  • WILL DELIVER UNTO US THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER
  • HAS DONE ALL OF THIS 100% TRUE NO LIE
  • DID I MENTION FREEDOM
  • loving AMERICA

vote for me or DIE

vote me cause why not

BLOCKLAND FORUMS, DON'T YOU DARE, BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR FIRED CHAMP AND FEEEELL THE POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

IF YOU VOTE FOR HULKHOGANWWFWORLDCHAMPION THEN I WILL CHANGE THE FORUMS FOREVER, NO SILLY QUEERS, NO mondayS AND NO JUNKIE HIPPIE forgetS!

A vote for Red Spy is a vote communist
FREEDOM

VOTE RED SPY

WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU VOTE RED SPY?
YOU GET
  • More stuffposts
  • More Autism in the forums
SO VOTE RED SPY
MAKE THE BLOCKLAND FORUMS AUTISTIC AGAIN
I'm Red Spy and I approve this message

VOTE

_____                    _____                    _____                   _______                   _____          
         /\    \                  /\    \                  /\    \                 /::\    \                 /\    \        
        /::\____\                /::\    \               /::\    \               /::::\    \               /::\    \        
       /::::|   |               /::::\    \               \:::\    \            /::::::\    \             /::::\    \      
      /:::::|   |              /::::::\    \               \:::\    \           /::::::::\    \           /::::::\    \      
     /::::::|   |             /:::/\:::\    \               \:::\    \         /:::/~~\:::\    \         /:::/\:::\    \    
    /:::/|::|   |            /:::/  \:::\    \               \:::\    \       /:::/    \:::\    \       /:::/__\:::\    \    
   /:::/ |::|   |           /:::/    \:::\    \              /::::\    \     /:::/    / \:::\    \     /::::\   \:::\    \  
  /:::/  |::|___|______    /:::/    / \:::\    \    _____   /::::::\    \   /:::/____/   \:::\____\   /::::::\   \:::\    \  
 /:::/   |::::::::\    \  /:::/    /   \:::\    \  /\    \ /:::/\:::\    \ |:::|    |     |:::|    | /:::/\:::\   \:::\ ___\
/:::/    |:::::::::\____\/:::/____/     \:::\____\/::\    /:::/  \:::\____\|:::|____|     |:::|    |/:::/__\:::\   \:::|    |
\::/    / ~~~~~/:::/    /\:::\    \      \::/    /\:::\  /:::/    \::/    / \:::\    \   /:::/    / \:::\   \:::\  /:::|____|
\/____/      /:::/    /  \:::\    \      \/____/  \:::\/:::/    / \/____/   \:::\    \ /:::/    /   \:::\   \:::\/:::/    /
             /:::/    /    \:::\    \               \::::::/    /             \:::\    /:::/    /     \:::\   \::::::/    /  
            /:::/    /      \:::\    \               \::::/    /               \:::\__/:::/    /       \:::\   \::::/    /  
           /:::/    /        \:::\    \               \::/    /                 \::::::::/    /         \:::\  /:::/    /    
          /:::/    /          \:::\    \              \/____/                   \::::::/    /           \:::\/:::/    /    
         /:::/    /            \:::\    \                                         \::::/    /             \::::::/    /      
        /:::/    /              \:::\____\                                         \__/____/               \::::/    /      
        \::/    /                \::/    /                                                                  \__/____/      
         \/____/                  \/____/                                                                                    

McJob, formerly "McJobless", is the single greatest and most recognised member of the Blockland Forums. Also synonymous with "Awesome", McJob stands for truth, prosperity, friendship and humour. This fantastic self portrait showcases some of these features as they appear in his natural face.

You WANT to vote for McJob. You NEED to vote for McJob. Badspot demands it. Australia demands it. The entire damn world demands it. Here are some men commemorating this man.

To prove his devotion to this website, here are some sample posts showcasing his wit and wisdom:

SUPPORTING MCJOB HAS BENEFITS. PHYSICAL REWARDS AWAIT THOSE WILLING TO TAKE A CHANCE ON THE MCJOB TRAIN.

serb CAMPAIgn WIL WIN

• Mini Empires
  • and...
  • BOTE ME!!

here's my campaign video

vote me im cool right?

Vote for me so I'll add a mirror mode to the new duplicator.

Vote for Ghost as your resident and i will promise to bring back the pride and strength of the BLF people

A vote for Swholli is a vote for the future.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 01:02:36 AM by XR-7 »

if you vote for me I won't come to your house in the middle of the night and murder you
I-I mean, uh, um, vote for gr8dayseth! he's the gr8ist!☺✌

Btw guys, if you want to make advertisements, I'll put them up in the reserved post (which will also be used as a list to track what users have submitted nominations).

i should've done more this year

Looks nice!  Looking forward honestly just to see the volume of nominations to show up for which user.

I'll be sure to start my campaign very soon

I'll be sure to start my campaign very soon

trogtor for president 2015.
what impossible promises do you have for the memeland forums

I'm not gonna get nominated. I am sad.
Anyway Trogtor is best blocklander

pm'd my noms (early?)
GLHF
edit: ya it was early but don't care too much

I'd vote for trogtog.
In fact,,,,,,

hahahahahshshaha it's me baby