Patch notes for new Blockland Main Adventure Mode update? EDIT: Found major bugs

Author Topic: Patch notes for new Blockland Main Adventure Mode update? EDIT: Found major bugs  (Read 2279 times)

Seems like there are some new fixes and random loot drops. I also noticed a new vendor in Beta City, she sells you duodecakimbo pistols when you are level 70 or above. She also says she has something special for you when you complete the Brotherhood of Bricks questline.

Any thoughts for when Badspot is going to upload the patch notes?

EDIT: Found huge bugs in new update. The cannons at my Island Fort are disappearing. My mini-map is also stuck from when I was exploring the Snake Jungle. Here's a picture.

Oh and if you are wondering how I got Brickbeard's Boomstick, finish the entire pirate questline and Brickbeard himself will give it to you. That questline will also give you bad reputation points so if you want to get it without losing reputation then go to A.T.C Fort and pick up the bounty paper. There is a 1/3 chance it will be Brickbeard, Brickster Jr, or a randomly generated problem user. Just keep doing the missions until you get Brickbeard. Note that doing the bounty will make everyone at Pirate Town shoot you on sight, so you have to make a choice.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 04:25:00 AM by Alternat¡ve »

There aren't any patch notes, but it's really easy to find changes if you open the files with a hex editor.

that explains why (spoiler highlight) the boss of the block railway dropped a golden gun, since I didn't remember him doing that last time.

Joseph Smith has the patch notes written down on one of his magical golden plates in the woods, I think. Want me to go talk to him?

That is photoshopped, your map doesn't correspond to what is in front of you, and I also don't see a castle on the map either. Checkmate atheists.

That is photoshopped, your map doesn't correspond to what is in front of you, and I also don't see a castle on the map either. Checkmate atheists.
Damn didn't even realize the bug that minimap is stuck until now. Thanks for pointing that out, another new bug I guess.

Even though it's a joke, it still looks cool.

Everyone wants an adventure mode, why does noone just start making one?

because it already exists!!!

i don't know, why don't you?????
probably because it's a massive project with far too much dedication needed to make it

That was a lot of effort just to make a stupid joke

I always thought making the adventure mode would work like speedkart. But instead of supply race tracks, people supply levels (missions?).

For example: the gamemode starts with ten missions. Each mission summarizing a part of the in game Blockland community. The mission maps load in chunks depending on where you are keeping brick count low and frame rate steady. Upon completing a mission you unlock free play for that mission (not playing the rest of the campaign with it) and unlock the following mission to play.

A developer package is released with how to make missions for others to play such as basic of bot events and cut scene creation. So after someone completed the default campaign they can download new missions and campaigns to play in the gamemode.

The problems in developing this are: It requires that you can save missions you have completed, and your save point in the current mission in the gamemode and close out of it. But if you are familiar with a gamemode that has player persistency it can remember where players were for the gamemode. So I think it should be (I am illiterate in coding tell me if I'm wrong) possible to adapt the code to work for mission data in the gamemode?

Also it needs to be able to control how many players can join your server, so if your hosting a multiplayer campaign the player limit is not exceeded.

Other then that the coding would just revolve around something like speedkart.

Really someone just needs to code the gamemode and set up the developer package. Everyone else can do the rest.