Author Topic: 2015/12/23 - Blockland r1984  (Read 142828 times)

Hit runtime error 60x

I don't recall which. Hit it twice with the most recent build of Blockland. Can someone point me to Zeblote's fix?

Testing a few things on heed's server with ~40 players. What we've done:

1) Change size of blobchunkevent from 450 to 400 (edited exe, link here if someone else wants to test);
2) Run a script to periodically un-stuck clients with the missing packet bug (this is only a hack and you need to find the actual problem)

function fastPacketFixLoop(%bool)
{
   cancel($FastPacketFixSchedule);
   $Pref::Net::FastPackets = %bool;

if(%bool)
      $FastPacketFixSchedule = schedule(8000, 0, fastPacketFixLoop, !%bool);
   else
      $FastPacketFixSchedule = schedule(600, 0, fastPacketFixLoop, !%bool);
}

fastPacketFixLoop(true);

So far

1) people have stopped complaining about loading freezes
2) the server has stopped crashing with runtime errors

This might be getting somewhere ?!
page 3 of thread

i dont get runtime errors but i seem to get lots of sqlite errors
i know they're coming because the server im trying to join usually kicks me out because it fails to load a shape, usually called m.dts
then no matter which server i try to join afterwards, the sqlite error will appear
but occasionally it'll do it without the shape failing to load
what is happen

usually called m.dts
That would be the default player model. You might need to reinstall if the game can't find the default player model ':V

That would be the default player model. You might need to reinstall if the game can't find the default player model ':V
sometimes it's a different model, sometimes it doesn't fail at all and it just gives me the sqlite error, and it doesn't happen every time either

I keep getting runtime errors after someone joins, I looked at the console log, and it's saying something like
Client [ID] timed out.
Issuing Disconnect packet.
CDROP: [ID] - [Player name] - [IP & port]
Posting to master server
and replace ID, Player name, and IP & port with that of whoever is joining, and then soon after that the runtime error happens.

I keep getting runtime errors after someone joins, I looked at the console log, and it's saying something likeand replace ID, Player name, and IP & port with that of whoever is joining, and then soon after that the runtime error happens.
Try using Zeblote's fix.

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=290045.msg8784434#msg8784434

Download the exe and replace the one in your Blockland folder. Mark it read-only to keep the launcher from overwriting it... Remember that you'll have to undo it when Blockland updates again in the future.

Try using Zeblote's fix.

I'm using the steam version of blockland, so it doesn't have the launcher, what then?

I'm using the steam version of blockland, so it doesn't have the launcher, what then?
i'd imagine you'd do the same thing regardless, yeah?

you're not overwriting the launcher; you're overwriting the blockland.exe with the blockland.exe zeblote posted

make sure to set it to read only so it doesn't get re-overwritten when launching the game

No extra measures are needed for the steam version. All you have to do is replace.

Well, turning fast packets off fixed it, anyone else try turning off fast packets?