Poll

What is your favorite feature included in version 3?

Infinite terrain
239 (11%)
Finite terrain
139 (6.4%)
Support for various brick sizes, terrain types, and ModTer sizes and types
171 (7.9%)
Color, Print, and Brick setup
144 (6.6%)
Landscape Additions (Mountains, Caves, Clouds, Floating Islands & Boundaries)
176 (8.1%)
Biomes, Details and Mass Detail Setup
164 (7.5%)
Chunk saving and loading options
130 (6%)
GUIs and Presets
156 (7.2%)
Advanced Options (such as manipulating noise scales)
140 (6.4%)
Routines Options (delays, toggling brick destruction, setting up permissions and ownership, etc.)
125 (5.8%)
Custom Bricks and Dynamic Cascading Streams
140 (6.4%)
Floating Brick Support
151 (6.9%)
Multiple User Support
137 (6.3%)
Build Loading and Flat Areas
161 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 325

Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator (Features Tutorial Added!)  (Read 88970 times)

Do you think it would ever be possible, in a later version perhaps, to allow for modter with varying degrees?
ie to make a hill smoother it would start with say, 30 degrees and then use 45

You could also make it so certain terrain elevations are forced to use a certain modter height- which would probably be easier
ie at elevation 0 the modter is 1/4, then after that layer the modter is 1/2, etc

Easily the greatest mod of 2016 and 2016 barely started.

???
Finite means it'll only generate a landscape within the area you define, then ends the routine. In contrast, infinite will continually generate a landscape relative to all players, and won't end the routine unless you use the /PTGHalt command or one of the Halt buttons to end it.

Do you think it would ever be possible, in a later version perhaps, to allow for modter with varying degrees?
ie to make a hill smoother it would start with say, 30 degrees and then use 45

You could also make it so certain terrain elevations are forced to use a certain modter height- which would probably be easier
ie at elevation 0 the modter is 1/4, then after that layer the modter is 1/2, etc
That could very well be possible; it would probably affect all hills uniformly, but yeah it could work and look more realistic. I've also been thinking about adding a new brick generation type for a future update (besides normal and ModTer types) that would generate ramped bricks instead of using ModTer, similar to how Lego Worlds generates terrain.

Will there be support for drawing our own terrain or loading heightmaps sometime in the near future?

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt

"clear" button doesn't work for me, getting things like this in terrain, and the ptg text starts at 1pt default.

"clear" button doesn't work for me, getting things like this in terrain, and the ptg text starts at 1pt default.
Are you using the latest version? He applied some fixes since he made this topic. Looked at the screenshot, haven't had that problem so far.

HOW TO stuff YOURSELF 101

GO ON BLOCKLAND FORUMS
GO TO THIS LINK.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=post;topic=291845.75;num_replies=83

woah woah woah I dont trust blockland glass, or atleast mcaffe doesnt
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 09:53:22 PM by Bwopper »

McCafe is handicapped, Blockland Glass is fine because over 100+ users have downloaded stuff from it

HOW TO stuff YOURSELF 101

GO ON BLOCKLAND FORUMS
GO TO THIS LINK.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=post;topic=291845.75;num_replies=83

woah woah woah I dont trust blockland glass, or atleast mcaffe doesnt
Without RTB my options are kinda limited. Using Blockland Glass makes it much easier to apply updates and fixes, and it seems to be a decent service.

Make sure you update to the most recent version; a fix for the clear issue should be included. Also, those look like chunks that were loaded from file; using /PTGClearAllSaves should remove them so they don't appear.

Will there be support for drawing our own terrain or loading heightmaps sometime in the near future?
Loading landscapes from heightmaps is possible, but due to the limitations of the engine it's very difficult; it someone made an external application that would convert heightmaps to a text file, it certainly could be included. As for being able to draw or sculpt terrain using brushes, I'm actually starting work on that now. =)

Loading landscapes from heightmaps is possible, but due to the limitations of the engine it's very difficult; it someone made an external application that would convert heightmaps to a text file, it certainly could be included. As for being able to draw or sculpt terrain using brushes, I'm actually starting work on that now. =)
HYPE

...As for being able to draw or sculpt terrain using brushes, I'm actually starting work on that now. =)
HYPE

As for being able to draw or sculpt terrain using brushes, I'm actually starting work on that now. =)
I'll know what my favorite feature will be once that is added!

Especially if it resembles the world painter tool from Minecraft:

We could tailor the map exactly to the needs of the project.