Enhanced Graphics Screenshots + Graphical Resources

Author Topic: Enhanced Graphics Screenshots + Graphical Resources  (Read 145722 times)

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 12:55:30 AM by A.P.X. »

I cannot tell what those last two are...at all.

so my friend helped me install reshade recently so i've been trying to make cool screenshots.
any thoughts? constructive criticism would be very helpful.

Sorry for not updating anything in the OP, but I'd like to tell you guys about a nice new AO algorithm made by Marty McFly, who has worked on several of the ReShade shaders that you can try out now before it's added to the main ReShade framework (ReShade required; any version should work):

Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

Usage instructions (files highlighted for clarity):
  • Download the MXAO10r.zip file
  • Go to your ReShade folder and rename ReShade.fx to ReShade.fx.bak (may need to enable 'show file extensions' in file explorer)
  • Extract ReShade.fx and bayer16x16.png into your ReShade folder
  • Configure the shader by editing the values inside the ReShade.fx file; default on/off toggle key is numpad5
  • When you're done with using the shader, delete or move bayer16x16.png and ReShade.fx and rename Reshade.fx.bak back to ReShade.fx to use the regular ReShade shaders again

I get about the same performance as SSAO too.
Cheers!

how the hell do you even install any of this im so confused.

oh

it would have been nice putting this in the op
Ignore what QuadStorm said about not using the Mediator with ReShade. Use it, it makes your life easier. Since all the tutorials I found online were useless:

Guide to Installing ReShade
  • Download and extract ReShade into some permanent location.
  • Open the Mediator.
  • Press Add and find your Blockland .EXE.
  • Select OpenGL and press Confirm.
  • Press Browse and browse to your ReShader folder > PersonalFiles > Presets.
  • Press Add above the Browse button.
  • A preset has now been created and can be modified.
  • There's no need to press Permanent Push To Application, the effects will work without it. Closing the Mediator will not affect anything.

Guide to Configuring ReShade
  • In the Common tab make sure that RFX_Start_Enabled is 1 so the effects are enabled automatically.
  • In the Common tab change the RFX_ToggleKey (toggle effects) according to ReShader folder > PersonalFiles > KeyCodes.h. I use VK_F6 or the F6 key.
  • Use the Pipeline tab to turn effects on and off.
  • Press the Apply button to enable the effects that have been turned on in real-time.
  • Press the effect names in the Pipeline tab to configure them. (Not all effects have configurable parts.)
  • Settings that are blue and underlined are actually text fields. Click them and edit them like normal text.
  • Once you're happy with your effects, press the Update button above the Browse button in the Setup tab to save your changes to the preset so they will be used the next time you launch the game.
  • The presets are in your ReShader folder > PersonalFiles > Presets if you want to edit them manually.

Here's something to get you started. My FPS varies wildly but I estimate I get ~5 FPS drop with these settings:
Code: [Select]
RBM - McFX (Reflections)
fReflectionWideness 80.0
fReflectionSamples 32
fReflectionReliefHeight 0.50
fReflectionAmount 0.25
fReflectionFresnelFactor 1.00
fReflectionFresnelCurve 30.0

CURVES - SweetFX (More contrast)
Curves_mode 0
Curves_contrast 0.33
Curves_formula 3 (apparently fast)

BLOOM - GemFX (Bright surfaces look glowy)
GFX_HDR_MODE 0
BLOOM_MIXMODE 1
fBloomThreshold 0.9
fBloomAmount 0.6
fBloomSaturation 0.3
fBloomTint 1.0, 1.0, 1.0

this is the best thread ever
it's all so pretty

it would have been nice putting this in the op
The link to reshade includes an installation tutorial below the download button.

too bad it's still singleplayer only

Wow, is the reflection happening in ReShade?

too bad it's still singleplayer only

That actually looks really nice. So much better than the weird ssao effects reshade had before...