Author Topic: Mr. Render's SCP Server - Abusive host cheats and bans people for fighting back  (Read 9950 times)

Mr. Render's SCP Server - Badly designed; Host cheats at his own game and bans people for fighting back

I was browsing the server list earlier today, and decided I'd give Mr. Render's SCP server a try, as I am a big fan of the SCP containment breach game.

Upon loading in to his server, I was put on the "Class D" team. I spawned in a tiny 6x6 jail cell, with plain walls made of 1x2 bricks, extremely bright default lights overhead, and "after school special" blasting over music bricks all around me. This was supposedly the spawn room. Mr. Render, dressed up in a white labcoat decal, came and let me out, then walked away.

I checked to see what the rules where, but I could find none listed anywhere, neither through commands such as "/rules", nor around the build itself. I looked to see what the objective was, or what we were expected to do, but I was given no information. Others asked what we were supposed to do as well, but they received no response from the host.

Not sure what to expect, I went and explored the build some.

While exploring, I was suddenly attacked by Mr. Render - who was branding an assault rifle - without any provocation; I was totally unarmed and unable to defend myself.

Luckily there was no lives system enabled, so I could respawn as many times as I needed. I continued exploring, making sure to avoid Mr. Render this time, while I figured out what I was supposed to do, and what was going on.

However, it didn't take long before I was shot to death again without any provocation or means to defend myself, this time by "The Craig Cast", who was on the dark-blue team.

After dying twice with no way to fight back, and with no stated rules or objectives about what I was supposed to do/not do, I decided I'd try to escape the area and find some weapons to defend myself with.

Unfortunately, I once again encountered "The Craig Cast", who this time demanded I "line up at the door or die". I was in a room with multiple doors, so I decided to try going to the one closest to me, to try and appease him. However, he decided to kill me anyway.

At this point, I was starting to realize that the server was basically just a Jail RP with no rules; players on a dark-blue team were armed with assault rifles, ordering around people on the Class-D team and shooting them when they felt like it. To make matters worse, the host had started teleporting around the build, pretending to be SCP-049, and killing people.

I soon witnessed another player, "Vinski 40", get killed for no reason, at which point I confronted the host about whether the whole server was just a DM or what. He promptly ignored me.

Not long after this, Vinski 40 somehow found a Humvee, and managed to successfully defend himself against an attack by the guards. He was almost immediately permanently banned by Mr. Render for a completely unintelligible bullstuff reason.

I tried to protest and ask the host about it, but he ignored me and continued on his "monster roleplay" and killing spree.

While exploring a courtyard with Riot Patrol Parrot, Mr. Render teleported into the courtyard, fetched a guard, and started killing us. There was a howitzer there which I tried to use, but it did no damage.

I managed to escape over the wall in the corner with the howitzer, which was fairly low and easy to jump over. The map was so badly designed, it was extremely easy for me to get out.

Seeing me walk out, the host immediately fetched me back inside, so he could have his way and kill me.

Shortly after this happened, Riot Patrol Parrot was walking around in a different room in the build when Mr. Render yelled at him to get out, claiming it was "admin-only". I called him out on why Riot was able to get in there in the first place if it was supposed to be off-limits.

I managed to make it to the courtyard again and jump the wall without catching the attention of anyone, and went for a humvee I saw earlier. I tried to escape, but got stuck back in the courtyard.

Soon I was attacked again by a player pretending to be SCP-173. I wasn't about to be helplessly killed again purely for someone else's entertainment, so I fought back with the Humvee's turret.

A few seconds after I successfully fought off the attack, Mr. Render permanently banned me for the same bullstuff reason that Vinski 40 was banned for.

Conclusion

Mr. Render's "SCP Server" is anything but an SCP gamemode. It's a poorly-run and poorly-designed free-for-all Jail RP with no set rules, and an abusive host who runs around massacring everyone as part of his stuffty roleplay, and banning players on the prisoners team when they manage to fight back. The host cheats at his own game, teleporting around the build with admin orb, fetching and killing people, while people on the class D team are expected to just sit around and continuously be camped and slaughtered for no reason.

I highly recommend everyone avoid this server.

holy stuff /support to the mun and back

Ma loving gawd. You ban someone like Planr just for loving defending himself?!?! What a richard

Totally /support

what the forget
/support

/support

I've been to his server - a D-class was rebelling, instantly killed. That sane guy was asking to be 173 the whole time but didn't even get a negative response. I transmitted his message to him myself too and disregarded that message too.

He's also a dumbass who has Murder Mystery blood decals enabled but cleans them everytime the decals are made because he can't be bothered to disable the decals.

Don't join his server at all, not worth your time.

what an starfish /support

/support

Was on the server a few days ago and he killed the D-class for literally no reason.

That server is the definition of friendry.

Stupid admins in a nutshell

Did tell name+random admin

Luke is right you did abuse also the Humvee was off limits it was a W.I.P area that want intended for use and you where shooting out the damn wall with the gun also i banned you for the same reason because i didn't have time to change it and the server rules have been updated and bigger cells + you were the rule breaker not us we also only teleport for reasons to get around faster but if you want ill just let the D-class stay in the cell the entire server time now think on it.

Its photoshopped... We banned him for FailRP
Uh I doubt he would photoshop that, you changed the ban reason to "FailRP" then

Thank you,
Luke
SCP Server 2nd Command (Highest ranking admin under owner)
This is quite annoying

We only banned him for 5 minutes. Lies on these forums really bring people down. Do research before agreeing to a forum post.
Uh no you didn't, it clearly shows in the chat and his ban you permanently banned him, stop trying to cover yourself when you have no proof

I even saw you guys threatening people with "ROLEPLAY OR GET BANNED"
Great server guys keep it up

Again, photoshopped, trust me, look at the server...
Explain how it is photoshopped
Explain your reference "look at the server", that doesn't help