Lord tony on a news stuffposting spree

Author Topic: Lord tony on a news stuffposting spree  (Read 24662 times)

you really only had to watch the first 20 seconds of it to get the point of it
OI WHAT DID I SA-

he said don't reply until we watched the full video
oh nvm he done did it

my point was just watch it till you understand that a lot of these terms are being misused, but yeah nvm don't watch all of it.

it's such a polarizing thing apparently lmao

stuffposting is as simply as a low effort, bad quality post

a vague mention about something that happened and a one-line quip is a stuffpost
I sort of agree with you, as that definition is a bit too subjective. I rather see it as something that's low effort, but not bad quality, because you can have high quality stuffpost.

stuffposting is as simply as a low effort, bad quality post

okay but i would argue that the majority of off topic is low effort and im not sure many topics can really be called "high" quality either.

okay but i would argue that the majority of off topic is low effort and im not sure many topics can really be called "high" quality either.

That goes without a doubt. A majority of those "would you fist a rabbit or drink a gallon of raw sewage" topics are cancer

I sort of agree with you, as that definition is a bit too subjective. I rather see it as something that's low effort, but not bad quality, because you can have high quality stuffpost.

"Quality stuffpost" is just a satirical or surrealist joke that people liked, calling things stuffposts are the new fad, just like calling people cucks or calling things memes

"Quality stuffpost" is just a satirical or surrealist joke that people liked, calling things stuffposts are the new fad, just like calling people cucks or calling things memes
oh no I'm aware of that term, but I'm specifically saying that you can have high quality stuffposts. And yeah, the video I linked pretty much talks about how words like that have become a fad and strayed from their original intentions.

I never heard of "news stuffposting" before.

The news topics I've been posting are legit, so I don't know what the problem is.

You could call 90% of off topic posts 'stuffposts' by those standards. It's a stupid word that is interpreted differently by everyone based on their own expectations. If you seriously have an issue with someone discussing news on an off-topic board, then maybe you should rethink your priorities or go to board with topics that better suit you. Definitely not worth a five page discussion.

You could call 90% of off topic posts 'stuffposts' by those standards. It's a stupid word that is interpreted differently by everyone based on their own expectations. If you seriously have an issue with someone discussing news on an off-topic board, then maybe you should rethink your priorities or go to board with topics that better suit you. Definitely not worth a five page discussion.
I dont think people have a problem with discussion of news itself, but rather the way it is presented. If someone makes a news post that looks like this:
a vague mention about something that happened and a one-line quip

then THAT's the problem. A news post needs sources and actual content provided in the OP.

If you seriously have an issue with someone discussing news on an off-topic board, then maybe you should rethink your priorities or go to board with topics that better suit you. Definitely not worth a five page discussion.

What's worth a five page discussion is probably a case study on how awful your reading comprehension is. If this is what you seriously got out of this topic then you need to reevaluate your grasp on reality

Bring furling back. At least he always posted a source.

What's worth a five page discussion is probably a case study on how awful your reading comprehension is. If this is what you seriously got out of this topic then you need to reevaluate your grasp on reality
All I'm seeing is vague claims here.

This is true, though the way the "news" is presented, as well as the frequency of "news posts" on Off-Topic (via Lord Tony), is what makes this an issue. Sure, most of Off-Topic is complete stuffposting. However, most of these "stuffposts" are topics originating from a variety of users - not just one man stuffposting all day, and follow the general guidelines for the forum.

This issue with the way Tony presents his posts is that they are overly frequent (he posted five/six in one day, iirc) and they manage to piss others off due to their lack of source and other provoking details. Users have reacted a multitude of times with negativity due to certain irritating attributes found within the OP, yet Tony has found the lack of care (or motivation?) to change any of this, despite its upsetting nature.

Don't get me wrong, though - it does spark discussion, and that's a good thing. The forums wouldn't be as half as interesting without Lord Tony, but his threads have sparked so much unnecessary backlash that it might be better to have these issues resolved.

Don't get me wrong, though - it does spark discussion, and that's a good thing. The forums wouldn't be as half as interesting without Lord Tony, but his threads have sparked so much unnecessary backlash that it might be better to have these issues resolved.
the issue is the same group of users that consistently start stuff in his threads because he's lord tony IE moltenkittens

the issue is the same group of users that consistently start stuff in his threads because he's lord tony IE moltenkittens
Don't throw stones in glass houses

looking forward to that race by the way