Author Topic: [Weapon Pack] STraps v2 (Cooldown and Fixes)  (Read 16355 times)

are these removed from your inventory on use?

and if so will there possibly be a version where it just goes on cooldown instead
They get removed from your inventory currently, yes.
I would like to see a cooldown based version myself too. :)

Update added trap cooldown

If you want traps to be single use type this in your console
$Pref::SwolTrap_CoolDownReset = 0;iniSwol_TrapSet();
and it will stay persistent
(To turn it back on)
$Pref::SwolTrap_CoolDownReset = 1;iniSwol_TrapSet();

Bear trap will attempt hacky workarounds if the victim is not the default player type
It should prevent bots from moving and jumping in all cases and players but if anything goes awry tell me

Also removed landmine camo because i dont like it
it can be enabled by doing like
Trap_LandMine.camo = 1;
or setting it in the landmine.cs file on line 80

I'll add more support for camo in next update or something
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 04:31:46 PM by Swollow »

What about the trap not killing you but you are trapped and you have to hold down on the bear trap to free yourself maybe?

What's with all the fixes anyway? The code being wonky or something?

The cool down is a nice touch and all, but mind listing some of the issues in the past fixes?

What's with all the fixes anyway? The code being wonky or something?

The cool down is a nice touch and all, but mind listing some of the issues in the past fixes?
v1 -> v1.1
  Fixed a glitch where you couldn't place traps on large static shapes/bricks like mod terr
v1.1 -> v2
  Removed land mine camo until I decide to do something else with camo and stuff
  Added trap cooldown instead of removing trap
  Began adding support for placing map-traps with bricks
  Some minor checks to prevent console errors
  Fixed player datablock changing to the default player model if the current datablock wasn't the default playertype model
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 06:35:06 PM by Swollow »

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 05:44:41 PM by ButterMilk »

~friendry~

Riperonni obviously no regretterionni, no body will rememberonni you

Hey Swollow, I'm doing some Dead by Daylight stuff in BL and am gon use your bear trap, but noticed it only holds the person down for 2.5 seconds.

is it possible for the trap to hold the person down for say, 20 seconds?

Hey Swollow, I'm doing some Dead by Daylight stuff in BL and am gon use your bear trap, but noticed it only holds the person down for 2.5 seconds.

type in console Trap_BearTrap.holdTime = 20000;

you can automate this in a script by doing something like
Code: [Select]
ForceRequiredAddon("Weapon_Package_STraps");
Trap_BearTrap.holdTime = 20000;

or you can edit the beartrap.cs file in Add-ons/Weapon_Package_STraps/traps/beartrap.cs
on line 20
is the holdTime line

y u stealin my idea :c

Sorry if someone else has already posted about this, but can you make it so the traps can be placed on ModTer bricks?

y u stealin my idea :c
implying dead by daylight was your idea

one step closer to my hot new server

Sorry if someone else has already posted about this, but can you make it so the traps can be placed on ModTer bricks?
Traps are placeable on flat modter bricks, if traps are not placeable on flat modter bricks then the version you are running is outdated and you should re-download

if you are referring to sloped modter bricks, straps are not purposed to work on hills