The Chronology of the Blockland Forums

Author Topic: The Chronology of the Blockland Forums  (Read 189461 times)

i remember complete 50 page drama threads just coming and going within a day without myself understanding any of the memes that came out of it

it was wild
real nostalgia moment with kira1000 and chessepizza? chessemaster? forgot his name

remember when topics grew so fast you'd get that message warning about 10+ new unread posts

I remember this.

BLF will never die, it's the Betty White of forums
The only reason the forums are this dead is that everyone moved to Discord

Quick someone "cancel" discord, or whatever it is the kids are doing these days.  :cookieMonster:

yeah i think the thing thats doing the dying is type of the forum aswell

So, I kind of disappeared from here around 2016-2017, I was definitely not expecting there to have been a school shooting connected to a Blocklander. Although given some of the crowds we've had, I can't say I'm completely surprised. It's bizarre how much seedy stuff and how many sinister individuals have lurked around this tiny community over its life.

So, I kind of disappeared from here around 2016-2017, I was definitely not expecting there to have been a school shooting connected to a Blocklander. Although given some of the crowds we've had, I can't say I'm completely surprised. It's bizarre how much seedy stuff and how many sinister individuals have lurked around this tiny community over its life.
i'm convinced the "non-lurker"/"non-surface level" internet of loosely-linked forums and image boards is pretty small

like i've seen so much overlap with random communities online, but i think its just cus not many people go online for anything more than upvoting tiktoks or watching youtube videos

i'm convinced the "non-lurker"/"non-surface level" internet of loosely-linked forums and image boards is pretty small

like i've seen so much overlap with random communities online, but i think its just cus not many people go online for anything more than upvoting tiktoks or watching youtube videos
This is the same reason a globally known and giant forum/board site like 4chan is still readable and not getting multiple threads made per second.

You should save all of this into google docs or something so when the forums go down it's not lost.

i have seen it all. ya had to be there

You should save all of this into google docs or something so when the forums go down it's not lost.

Just Internet Archive it. You register a free account, copy a URL and then you can save an archived duplication of whatever website you find.

Just Internet Archive it. You register a free account, copy a URL and then you can save an archived duplication of whatever website you find.
Yeah I don't know why I posted that because even if it was logged it in google docs you wouldn't be able to follow the links

Think we'll ever see a new event on this forum to add to the chronology?

Think we'll ever see a new event on this forum to add to the chronology?

when its shut down or when someone gets banned

when its shut down or when someone gets banned
There will be less and less of us every year since they stopped letting users register.