Black Lives Matter hi-jacks orlando shooting morning ceremony.

Author Topic: Black Lives Matter hi-jacks orlando shooting morning ceremony.  (Read 45559 times)

Blazing Saddles opening scene

Someone in the comments said

They could never get away with a movie like this today!

So is America becoming more politically correct? Say goodbye to entertainment and free speech.

I remember when Tom and Jerry use to have a stereotypical black woman and there was violence. Now look at it.

So is America becoming more politically correct?

I'd say that it's more along the lines of there being more at stake when it comes to the entertainment industry, so your publishers opt towards less "Risky" writing and development so they don't lose out on potential consumers / ad revenue

It's not like they couldn't get away with it, it's that the people making sure they get on air don't want them to try it and fail and lose them money. This is why TV shows that are hits with ratings are generally shoved at us like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread and why TV shows that are mediocre or gain a small cult following at best are cut off and canceled like it's going out of style

Someone in the comments said

So is America becoming more politically correct? Say goodbye to entertainment and free speech.

I remember when Tom and Jerry use to have a stereotypical black woman and there was violence. Now look at it.
So, uh, what about the video itself?

So, uh, what about the video itself?

What about it? It's not tribal.

If you can differentiate between satire and racism then you won't go full sperglord SJW.

Which apparently SJWs are trying to ban Blazing Saddles. They weren't even born when a movie like that was made lol.

I'd say that it's more along the lines of there being more at stake when it comes to the entertainment industry, so your publishers opt towards less "Risky" writing and development so they don't lose out on potential consumers / ad revenue

This is why I prefer independent forms of media. They don't care who they offend and they build a fan base around it so they can keep doing what they're doing.

Which apparently SJWs are trying to ban Blazing Saddles.
What don't they want to ban lmao

What about it? It's not tribal.

If you can differentiate between satire and racism then you won't go full sperglord SJW.

Which apparently SJWs are trying to ban Blazing Saddles. They weren't even born when a movie like that was made lol.
satire can still be tribal
as the definition of satire is:
the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

Which apparently SJWs are trying to ban Blazing Saddles.
*sigh* Got a source for that besides a search engine or youtube comments?

The only people that would take offense to satire are Trigglypuffs.

Do you want to be a Trigglypuff?

yea sorry i'm pretty pissed right now and took the most negative connotation from that post
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:57:50 AM by Drydess »

*sigh* Got a source for that besides a search engine or youtube comments?
The closest thing I found was a Breitbart article about how Liberals will eventually ban it
back in the good ol' days my dad beat mom and i, i sure wish that people did that nowadays considering how much of a great guy i am!
What

"See, when piracy hit Hollywood, they didn't stop funding blockbusters -- they stopped funding edgy, creative movies. They're going with safer and safer bets."

Source

back in the good ol' days my dad beat mom and i, i sure wish that people did that nowadays considering how much of a great guy i am!
relevant how

Are you looking for attention?

Is this why you spam The Harvest?

Are you looking for attention?

Is this why you spam The Harvest?
I believe the point he was attempting to make is that older is not necessarily better.

On another note: did anybody watch the 1776 one.