Black Lives Matter hi-jacks orlando shooting morning ceremony.

Author Topic: Black Lives Matter hi-jacks orlando shooting morning ceremony.  (Read 46204 times)

Yeah why do other races get all the good slurs
birdstuff, bleachboy/girl, honkey cracker, cancer, caveman, gringo, milkhead
Favorites of mine: muppetforgeter, Brophiliac, Zeeb, Paris Hilton, and Grand Dragon.
What the forget

YEAH BUT LITERALLY NOBODY TAKES OFFENSE TO CRACKER
I HAVE HEARD IT USED LIKE 30 TIMES AND NOBODY HAS EVER ONCE CARED
IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME IM GONNA UNPLUG MY KEYBOARD AND PLUG IT BACK INI HAVE NEVER HEARD ANY OF THOSE OTHER THAN CRACKER
ok stop with the loving all caps youre just doing it for attention forget

Actually yes I want to know the percentage of Japanese people who get offended by Jap
Why, so that you can revise your original argument to something that's not completely wrong? Or because you just want to stall for time before you stop posting?

birdstuff, bleachboy/girl, honkey cracker, cancer, caveman, gringo, milkhead
Favorites of mine: muppetforgeter, Brophiliac, Zeeb, Paris Hilton, and Grand Dragon.
What the forget
didnt that bitch kazi gonzo (edit: gazi kodzo) or whatever popularize caveman/cave becky

also speaking of gazi their twitter account was suspended yes!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 10:11:57 PM by Daswiruch »

Why, so that you can revise your original argument to something that's not completely wrong?
I still want to know how you know how most Japanese people get offended by Jap.

You're pretty much loving stalling by not giving me an answer on how you got to that point

muppetforgeter,
Yes this is acceptable

you can't anticipate what will offend people, but you can normally anticipate that people probably aren't going to respond well to something that's considered a racial/ethnic slur

ebonic for "comeback"
you could have said slang but you just ha to go all out

you could have said slang but you just ha to go all out
ebonic is a more accurate term

I still want to know how you know how most Japanese people get offended by Jap.
Because it's a well-documented racial slur. There is likely no stratified study that has  tried to quantify its offensiveness, but every single academic and historian (mostly Japanese ones, too) have agreed that it persists as a slur to this day.

The Wikipedia page is very well-cited with evidence that it's a modern slur.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

Do you want to continue grasping at straws?

Because it's a well-documented racial slur.
So is cracker but that doesn't mean most whites are offended by it
Because it's a well-documented racial slur. There is likely no stratified study that has  tried to quantify its offensiveness,
Then where are you getting the "Most Japanese are offended by Jap" line from
but every single academic and historian (mostly Japanese ones, too) have agreed that it persists as a slur to this day.
So it still existing means most Japanese are offended by it?
The Wikipedia page is very well-cited with evidence that it's a modern slur.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap
Goddammit I miss Jap Lane
Do you want to continue grasping at straws?
No man it's ok I already have a straw in my drink

So is cracker but that doesn't mean most whites are offended by it
It also wasn't a wartime slogan for slaughtering white people. White people aren't a minority group either, and I'd imagine it's easier to stomach slurs when you're on top. Not that it makes it okay to call people that.

Then where are you getting the "Most Japanese are offended by Jap" line
Again, it's common knowledge. I haven't read any studies, but I'd bet that my odds of pissing someone off by calling them a 'spic' or a 'monday' are pretty high.

If you can find me a large, outspoken group of Japanese people who think that the word is harmless, then I'll agree to be a bit more skeptical. You won't though because, surprise, it's still a slur!

I'd imagine it's easier to stomach slurs when you're on top.
No it's easier to stomach slurs when you're not a pusillanimous individual
Again, it's common knowledge.
It's common knowledge that Japanese people get offended by Jap? You're not Japanese so how would you know it's common knowledge? Did you ask them? Are you friends with all 127.3 million people there?
I haven't read any studies, but I'd bet that my odds of pissing someone off by calling them a 'spic' or a 'monday' are pretty high.
Both those terms are use much more than Jap.
You won't though because, surprise, it's still a slur!
So because it's a slur Japanese people automatically are offended by it? What?

once again a patron saint takes all colored people under their wing and takes offense for all of them.

i'd say most of the people i've ever seen say monday or any other black slur were my black friends. seriously it seems like only a small percentage takes actual offense to the word

I feel like caring about racial slurs is an issue with being taught to care. Typically white folk aren't taught to be offended when other people call them crackers, so they don't really see it as anything to be upset about. I imagine the opposite is true for minority groups.

The world we live in is built against black people.

Speaking as somebody who's been lower class his whole life and has had to fight tooth and nail to get to anywhere comfortable, forget you. You wanna know why it seems like the world's against you? Because the world sucks. Life is hard. Everyone is an starfish. Things are always going to naturally work against you because that's how it is for pretty much everyone. Everyone is going to expect you to succeed because if you fail then you're worthless to them. It's not because you're black, it's because nothing is good ever unless you break your back for things to be good. The world is built against everyone.