No Man's Sky Official Megathread

Author Topic: No Man's Sky Official Megathread  (Read 102857 times)

But he gave Firewatch an 8/10, lmfao.
Id give a game an 8 if i beat it quick enough to just refund it and buy something else too

But he gave Firewatch an 8/10, lmfao.

Turns out that games are all about "delivering an experience" now, not actually being games anymore

also forget firewatch

my sister just heard everything that's been going on with this game

she just said "more like no man's buy"

omg

Turns out, he didn't like No Man's Sky because it was a walking simulator. But he gave Firewatch an 8/10, lmfao.
he said that he liked the game when he was just walking around looking at stuff. he said the game was at its best when it was a walking simulator

Turns out that games are all about "delivering an experience" now, not actually being games anymore

I'd say it's a game. Has a fail state. Even an end-goal, kinda, and a level of structured path to said goal. More so than loving Firewatch

he said that he liked the game when he was just walking around looking at stuff. he said the game was at its best when it was a walking simulator

It's almost as if that's all No Man's Sky was ever advertised to be, lmfao
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 11:59:41 AM by Rally »

I'd say it's a game. Has a fail state. Even an end-goal, kinda, and a level of structured path to said goal. More so than loving Firewatch

I was talking to firewatch, since Jim "mental on the oriental" sterling gave it a shining 8 out of 10 and still gives an open-ended space exploration game a lower rating because big boy didn't get what he expected

Obviously the game isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea and a lot of promises weren't delivered, but don't ruin it for everyone else just because you don't like it (this is at everyone bitching about everything)

It's almost as if that's all No Man's Sky was ever advertised to be, lmfao

weeelllll it was advertised to be a bit more than that

oh okay i didn't know sorry bro yeah this game sucks man

I'd agree about multiplayer being a big feature and it's defo suspicious that they're being all closed doors about a game that's been released already, but it's not a make-or-break thing like everyone's making it out to be

I'd agree about multiplayer being a big feature and it's defo suspicious that they're being all closed doors about a game that's been released already, but it's not a make-or-break thing like everyone's making it out to be

I think the reason they're trying to make people think of it as a single-player game is because the conventional definition of "multiplayer" implies teaming up and doing co-op stuff rather than just existing in the same virtual universe.

But they made it very clear from the start that seeing another player was going to be a very rare occurrence. So I don't see the issue lol.

Just another subject being churned through internet outrage culture :y

But they made it very clear from the start that seeing another player was going to be a very rare occurrence. So I don't see the issue lol.

i just think it's funny that they made a big deal about the rarity of finding another player and then two streamers "find" each other the day the game is released

I'm just seeing babies who are mad the game doesn't have some Stupid story like borderlands. But it has a story you have to look for it

>buy inferior console with severe industry sub-standard limitations
>complains about low FPS and FOV

?
jesus christ i hate this mindset

good gaming computers are around $1000 while a ps4 is like, what, $300 - $350? not everyone wants to spend a thousand dollars to play a few video games
besides the fact some people might want to have a console so their siblings / children can use it, play games with them and their pals, or just enjoy playing a video game on a big television

you act like people aren't allowed to be upset because they didn't spend more money

Your eyes still barely notice a difference between 30fps and 60fps.

I had no idea it was 30fps until someone loving told me.