Author Topic: No Man's Sky Official Megathread  (Read 101914 times)

i love these people who post like "thats just your opinion". yeah its obviously my opinion. what the hell did you think it was?

your opinion.
I don't like you. :(

The choices the devs for this game have been making are really strange. In a bad way. Like what zealot was touching on with the game now being confirmed a singleplayer game? I guess they really are going to try and do No Man's Sky Online. Sean Murray is always saying how they're just going to follow the community's lead, but it seems like either he's really behind or they're not actually listening to the majority of the community.

Also, after seeing the devs play their "golden version" it doesn't seem like much changed. The landscape is still bland, the trading system doesn't seem to have changed at all, and I've seen too many snow planets. Sean Murray himself on today's live stream went from one planet, then to a space station, then to another planet, and thought the planets were the same at first because they were nearly identical in color, plant life, and geography.

Sean Murray himself on today's live stream went from one planet, then to a space station, then to another planet, and thought the planets were the same at first because they were nearly identical in color, plant life, and geography.

PFFFFFFFHAAAAA

Also, in the leaked copies of the game, every single planet had life on it. That's incredibly lame. The devs said 90% of planets wouldn't have life on them, so maybe it was a day 1 bug--which begs the question, did they generate a whole new galaxy with less life?

So many of these concepts sound cool on paper, but totally break down when you think about it. Naming a planet after yourself might be cool, but you know what's really gonna suck? When you start out the game, and the cool stuff you found is already named with random letters and stupid references. It won't feel like exploring, because every time you go somewhere, it will remind who who was there before you.

And the multiplayer sounds absolutely terrible. You're in singleplayer, until you are in the lucky 1% (the devs own words!) to encounter another player, who will probably kill you. And does that mean you can't cheat in the singleplayer, because you'd get an advantage over that random dude you might encounter one day?

If anyone wants to try a really fun mobile space exploration game, I'd recommend you buy Out There: Omega. You can learn new technologies from aliens, which can wildly change how your ship functions. It's got a really cool language learning filter, so with each alien encounter, you learn a little bit more of their language. Eventually, you can speak freely, but early on, you have to guess from a few translated words.

Also, in the leaked copies of the game, every single planet had life on it. That's incredibly lame. The devs said 90% of planets wouldn't have life on them, so maybe it was a day 1 bug--which begs the question, did they generate a whole new galaxy with less life?

And the multiplayer sounds absolutely terrible. You're in singleplayer, until you are in the lucky 1% (the devs own words!) to encounter another player, who will probably kill you. And does that mean you can't cheat in the singleplayer, because you'd get an advantage over that random dude you might encounter one day?

They said their adding "dead moons" and they're pulling multiplayer until they do something called "No Man's Sky Online"

Also it's dumb that everyone and their brother seems to have a leaked copy.

So the PS4 version releases tomorrow and the PC one releases in 3 days?

So the PS4 version releases tomorrow and the PC one releases in 3 days?
yes

good thing is is that the ps4 players will warn us if it's stuff or not

Sean Murray himself on today's live stream went from one planet, then to a space station, then to another planet, and thought the planets were the same at first because they were nearly identical in color, plant life, and geography.
is there a recording of this anywhere?

is there a recording of this anywhere?
Its on twitch, check hello games' latest broadcast
good thing is is that the ps4 players will warn us if it's stuff or not
Yeah I'm getting it by tomorrow night so I'll write a little mini review.

Its on twitch, check hello games' latest broadcast
is there a time that you know when it happens
because i'm not seeing him enter a space station more than two times and neither time does he confuse the planets

because i'm not seeing him enter a space station more than two times and neither time does he confuse the planets
don't remember the specific time but I definitely saw it in there, maybe you just missed it?

Go to 26:16 to see him entering the planet if you want to see him on the previous planet/space station look before 26:16