Author Topic: No Man's Sky Official Megathread  (Read 101905 times)

if its something youre probably going to return, then sure its applicable to you but maybe not them? im excited for the game personally, and if you dont like it then that's your thing but no need to try and spoil other people's fun and excitement

look my dude if i can keep someone from being disappointed i'll take it. i am truly a hero

in other news, im skeptical about the (A.) multiplayer as two streamers have been on the same planet, at the same spot at the same time yet they can't see each other, (B.)(plus multiple reports of coming across already discovered planets) so i guess it's been scrapped or gotten rid of for now, or maybe its just a bug. thats not a problem for me, but i can see why its a turn off.

A. Multiplayer was pulled

They can't play it off like this, don't blame me for expecting features you talked about since day one.
Page I quoted from
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A

They claim they're going to do a multiplayer mode called "No Man's Sky Online" down the road as another patch, but the way they've explained it is that you can just warp to where ever your friend is, and to my understanding it will work similar to Terraria or Starbound's multiplayer. I expect this to not go well.

B. Everyone starts in the same galaxy
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 05:41:47 PM by Maya67 »

I-IT'S OKAY GUYS JUST PLEASE STOP PLAYING MY GAME

so, anyone else witness the multiplayer blunder? it's either broken or not in the game, but the fact that people honestly don't know if a game is multiplayer or not is genuinely hilarious. what a terrible pr department

my neighbor was complaining about the same thing. he was actually looking forward to meeting other players in game but that all came crumbling down after a few short hours. he hasn't touched the game since yesterday, he's contemplating returning it.

already a trainwreck.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 07:38:20 AM by Refticus »

already a trainwreck.
it really isnt

if you consider people assuming things that the devs already said werent going to be in the final game a "trainwreck" then you dont know what you're talking about.

like seriously come on, they said the only form of multiplayer would be you would see what others had named planets to and any significant changes they made to the planets, they never promised full on loving MMO multiplayer once, its just people kept on saying it would have that even though they NEVER said it.

-snip-

people built up a false idea of what the game would be when in reality it is currently just an exploration game, he even said it himself in a dev post. plus, it a small team of around 10 people having to manage the servers, game development and make sure people are updated in whats happening with the game. they're trying their best.

they said the only form of multiplayer would be you would see what others had named planets to and any significant changes they made to the planets, they never promised full on loving MMO multiplayer once, its just people kept on saying it would have that even though they NEVER said it.

actually, he's said multiple times that there would be multiplayer and that you would interact with other players

actually, he's said multiple times that there would be multiplayer and that you would interact with other players
after reading a few tweets, it was pretty much said its supposed to be a feature, its just the mass amount of players overloading the servers is causing players to be unable to see eachother.

atleast thats what I can gather by their posts.

it really isnt

if you consider people assuming things that the devs already said werent going to be in the final game a "trainwreck" then you dont know what you're talking about.

like seriously come on, they said the only form of multiplayer would be you would see what others had named planets to and any significant changes they made to the planets, they never promised full on loving MMO multiplayer once, its just people kept on saying it would have that even though they NEVER said it.

Jesus flats, how hard is it to be a die hard fan to be this blind. The developer has been doing a Todd Howard and you refuse to admit it. Quit white knighting a game that has failed to deliver due to telling sweet little lies into the ears of the consumer.

after reading a few tweets, it was pretty much said its supposed to be a feature, its just the mass amount of players overloading the servers is causing players to be unable to see eachother.

atleast thats what I can gather by their posts.

ah yes, so that's why they're pulling it entirely. I see.

ah yes, so that's why they're pulling it entirely. I see.

they never said they were pulling it???