Cohort [Medieval City]

Poll

Do you like our projects?

Yes, you guys are very dedicated
105 (63.3%)
I do but they are too big to be hosted, sadly
13 (7.8%)
I am called badspot and i dont know what an add on is!
19 (11.4%)
This group is the last defence against cancer
21 (12.7%)
Your add-ons are great!
8 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 164

Author Topic: Cohort [Medieval City]  (Read 71584 times)

ya lol it's tough to comment that build, looks K tho

i dont see how we can accurately critique your build if the pictures are all rendered so beautifully lol
from what i can tell though it looks good.
Very good point I will repost with out the reshade with more angles and what not.

As for the settings I can not remember them off the top of my head but I will look them up when I can I do have one more picture that I can post that is a comparison shot where one side has the reshade effects and the other doesnt although it doesnt show a lot of the build but I does show one of the main parts of it.
Here is that one
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 07:45:16 PM by clone534 »

Well, I can tell you that those are some horrendous trees you got there.

Well, I can tell you that those are some horrendous trees you got there.
Heh those are from when I was on a BAC server a while back I just saved the build and saved a copy of all their plants, would you recommend a way to improve them or a different tree add-on to replace them?

those trees actually looks like the ones I made way back when I played on BAC's ironically, but they're not mine I think lol

the thing with pines or whatever is that you can't stack the branches like that, it look's too duped. you would need to have more variation in levels and overlap the branches instead of having them on an equal level. Fob had a treepack somewhere that I'll grab for you (actually the treepack he did for BAC's, but the version you have gotta be really old)

edit: I bet syl can lend you trees if you ask nicely. I could make some but I don't have the time.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 11:12:25 AM by Ladle »

those trees actually looks like the ones I made way back when I played on BAC's ironically, but they're not mine I think lol

the thing with pines or whatever is that you can't stack the branches like that, it look's too duped. you would need to have more variation in levels and overlap the branches instead of having them on an equal level. Fob had a treepack somewhere that I'll grab for you (actually the treepack he did for BAC's, but the version you have gotta be really old)

edit: I bet syl can lend you trees if you ask nicely. I could make some but I don't have the time.
OK I'm horrible at building trees (one of the many things I need to improve) I'll ask sylv when I get home and if you could find fobs tree pack that would be cool
I finally worked on the build some so here are the new pictures no shaders.

It would be helpfull if you guys could give some advice on the walkway in the last pic
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 06:38:30 PM by clone534 »

I like the build man.

Concerning the walkway, less is more. Right now it's a bit cluttered for no reason. Many special bricks makes it feel ornamented in a way.

When you're finishing that interior, consider having a look at the ceiling and walls. Those are crucial for an attractive interior. Ceilings can have different kind of supports and beams or ventilation. The walls can have support/beams too, and pipes and/or ventilation which makes the build pop. It's often a work with layers.

As you can see you don't need much to make stuff happen.

And here's a different take on an interior wall

i want to play that map so bad lol
also yes i can give you trees, but i dont recommand fob ones, they are ultra spammy and like, super old and common now
also brickcitect made some nice Cohort HQ

i want to play that map so bad lol
also yes i can give you trees, but i dont recommand fob ones, they are ultra spammy and like, super old and common now
also brickcitect made some nice Cohort HQ
dangit bricktect stop showing me up :P really nice build

I like the build man.

Concerning the walkway, less is more. Right now it's a bit cluttered for no reason. Many special bricks makes it feel ornamented in a way.

When you're finishing that interior, consider having a look at the ceiling and walls. Those are crucial for an attractive interior. Ceilings can have different kind of supports and beams or ventilation. The walls can have support/beams too, and pipes and/or ventilation which makes the build pop. It's often a work with layers.

As you can see you don't need much to make stuff happen.

And here's a different take on an interior wall

Thanks for the great feedback ill be sure to keep it in mind

Also let it be know I will be hosting my map today right now if you want to join, just a fair warning not everyone has been able to join my server and sorry in advanced if you are unable to join
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 11:15:03 PM by clone534 »

Many special bricks makes it feel ornamented in a way.

I realized, when I said this I wasn't clear. I meant ornamented in a bad way, seeing I don't think that's what you're going for here.

Also, be a babe and snip/remove the pics u quoted.

And syl that pic so so big! aa

Lol looking through at my posts I just realized my first pictures of the BF4 map aren't the same build as the second set. Notice that in the 3rd or 4th picture in the first set the military base is missing in the right corner of the picture :P

I probably will make this because I am such a dank artist and we will use it as hq

This
i like!
build it ig pls

also sumthin