Author Topic: RPGs Extended (RPGx) - Wiki Updated  (Read 37677 times)

The only thing I can think of is to try entering RPGx_initServerSetup(); into the console, which will force the server settings to initialize and hopefully fix whatever is preventing the items from being transferred. I'll look into it tomorrow and see if I can replicate the issue to find out what's causing it.

Is anyone else having this problem?
I've run a trace, you can take a look at it. The command didn't work.
Stuff like Entering RPGx_updateServerInv(21715, PlyrInv, 0, , , , , , , , 30738) has a lot of missing a lot of parameters, so I'd take a look at that.

I've run a trace, you can take a look at it. The command didn't work.
Stuff like Entering RPGx_updateServerInv(21715, PlyrInv, 0, , , , , , , , 30738) has a lot of missing a lot of parameters, so I'd take a look at that.
That's normal, whenever there's an empty slot in an inventory it'll usually have null parameters. I'll take a look tomorrow and see if I can find out what's causing that; I've tried multiple tests and it's working fine for me. If other people are having the same issue then it's probably something related to the code, otherwise I'm not sure what would cause that other than a conflicting third party add-on.

That's normal, whenever there's an empty slot in an inventory it'll usually have null parameters. I'll take a look tomorrow and see if I can find out what's causing that; I've tried multiple tests and it's working fine for me. If other people are having the same issue then it's probably something related to the code, otherwise I'm not sure what would cause that other than a conflicting third party add-on.
I can't speak for everybody but just incase I tried it on my clean install of Blockland ( i use a non-steam version of blockland to test my server out to see what it's like for other users ) and it had the same issue on it's own server.

I can't speak for everybody but just incase I tried it on my clean install of Blockland ( i use a non-steam version of blockland to test my server out to see what it's like for other users ) and it had the same issue on it's own server.
I installed the add-on my Steam version of Blockland and there seems to be an issue with how file data is copied from the text reference files in the .zip file, which is really strange because I never ran into that issue before. I'll work on fixing it as soon as possible.

RPGs Extended Add-On (Alpha): (Fixing An Issue, Please Wait...)

Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm having the exact same problem that Arekan is describing. Did a clean install just to see if there were any conflicting addons, but the problem was still there.

I'm having the exact same problem that Arekan is describing. Did a clean install just to see if there were any conflicting addons, but the problem was still there.

I figured out what the problem was - I don't think you can't copy data from files within a .zip to another file. I didn't run into this problem before because the add-on wasn't zipped until just before release, and I had the reference files already set up from before so they didn't need to be rewritten afterwards. It's being fixed now and I should have the patched version up in a few minutes.

Edit: Okay all issues should be fixed now; I ran a test just to make sure and everything should be working fine. Sorry for the inconvenience, please redownload if you haven't already.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 11:55:26 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

This actually seems really good. Once again, nice Add-on you've made here.

this is good! going to give them a try in the morning

Bug: I put three lock picks into a portable chest in my inventory. Went to lock pick a lock. Fails lock pick. Remaining two lock picks turn into another portable chest. Chest cannot be removed from inside the first portable chest.

Edit: The chest was removable after the first chest was placed on the ground. So, I just duplicated a chest.

The issues still weren't fixed for me. Is there some files I'd need to delete to fix it, assuming it truly is fixed with the new download?
Fixed itself.. somehow.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 07:37:34 AM by Arekan »

Yay! It's finally out!
The Item and General Crafting didn't work for me :O
On the other hand, an in-game tutorial would be nice!

This stuff is soooooo goooood.

I love you OP, I always have. Will you go out with me?

woah that's a lot to take in
noice job

Thanks everyone =) With everything included you should be able to make some epic RPGs with the alpha alone.

If anyone downloaded before the fix was released and are having problems with the add-on, make sure to redownload and to delete the folder "config/server/RPGx_Alpha" in your Blockland directory. If you redownloaded and are still having problems, deleting the folder should resolve it.

The issues still weren't fixed for me. Is there some files I'd need to delete to fix it, assuming it truly is fixed with the new download?
Fixed itself.. somehow.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the folder "config/server/RPGx_Alpha" needs to be deleted so the reference files can be rewritten. It was late :/

Bug: I put three lock picks into a portable chest in my inventory. Went to lock pick a lock. Fails lock pick. Remaining two lock picks turn into another portable chest. Chest cannot be removed from inside the first portable chest.

Edit: The chest was removable after the first chest was placed on the ground. So, I just duplicated a chest.
Thank you for letting me know, I'll look into the issue today.

Yay! It's finally out!
The Item and General Crafting didn't work for me :O
On the other hand, an in-game tutorial would be nice!
There's so much stuff included that I may need to create a wiki, so the tutorial will take awhile lol. You can view the recipes already included for crafting by using the Drafting Table GUI and reloading the recipes list. If crafting isn't working at all, try redownloading the deleting the folder mentioned above and it should work.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 09:48:40 AM by [GSF]Ghost »