[TECH] Apple announces iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, AirPods and more

Author Topic: [TECH] Apple announces iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, AirPods and more  (Read 8732 times)

ive still got an iPhone 4 :^) kill me

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 03:53:06 AM by Masterlegodude »

cheap, low quality sound, uncomfortable, definitely not one-size-fits-all, hard to clean, unfortunately what most people continue to buy. like what, 11 to 20 dollars?

more durable, decent quality sound, rarely falls out, interchangeable rubber things; as such easy to clean. $25

i wouldn't doubt that the air pods were designed to fail (fall out, bad battery, difficulty pairing, whatever). how else could they make an excessive amount of money off it? buds like these have been around a while (and with better designs) but not many have really considered them because they're not advertised in the mainstream often. now that apple is making them - based off their stuffty earpod design - bluetooth ear buds may become really popular, with them leading as the example because they brought it to the mainstream, implying it catches on.

I bought these to replace my $25 pair (pictured above, different color) because wired was such a pain to use when working out, and i'd go through a pair ever 4-6 months. i honestly find my self often wishing i had a plain pair of earbuds again because i can just plug them in and listen to music, because with bluetooth buds you need to first have them charged, then turn them on, then turn bt on your phone, pair the devices, then finally you can listen to music. mine are connected together, so i only have one device to pair and charge. with the air pods, you have to charge both, and likely pair both. you could have bt on all the time on your phone to skip one of those steps but that drains battery. not to mention how much more difficult it would be to lose my pair vs an air pod, albeit mine are more designed to stay in for working out

point is, there are there all-around better and cheaper bluetooth alternatives, but wireless buds shouldn't be pushed as the future norm in modern society. an unintuitive adapter plugged in the charging/file transfer port for those who still want to use wired buds is especially ridiculous

I'm still stuck on my iPhone 4 from like 5 years ago. it does what I need but its getting incredibly slow and has a battery life of about an hour when you're on youtube or watching something. I'll probably be getting the iPhone 6 soon as I don't like the interface of android phones as much as ios.
People were saying this same thing about the earphones as the lightning charger that only worked on the new iPhone, but people got used to it I guess. I don't think this is a good idea though. when you're running and listening to music these are gonna fall out and go down a drain or get damaged easily. It's probably gonna make apple a stuffton though

Gosh dang it Apple you had one Jobs.

Steve Jobs didn't die for this

The heck happened to Macintosh,

They didn't even talk about a single freaking thing about it.

The heck happened to Macintosh,

They didn't even talk about a single freaking thing about it.
well their laptops are very overpriced and OSX is very unintuitive
so I don't blame them

the adapter to listen to music with plug-in headphones will cost $9. a rather large adapter that will let you charge and listen to music will cost $40

best i can do is $5

ok the IOS 20% android 80% graph has got to be false. there's no way. if i did a poll of my school it would be 90-95 percent IOS.

the only way such a wild divide of 20-80 would be possible if it it's including deceptive stats like every phone ever sold or only showing the distribution in east Taiwan or something

ok the IOS 20% android 80% graph has got to be false. there's no way. if i did a poll of my school it would be 90-95 percent IOS.
Your school is not a good statistical sample of the entire population of Earth's cell phones.

the only way such a wild divide of 20-80 would be possible if it it's including deceptive stats like every phone ever sold or only showing the distribution in east Taiwan or something
pretty much everything I can see says it's 80% android
you are almost definitely exaggerating the way it is in your school, for one thing
iphones are only one of many available smartphones, that's pretty much the kind of market share you should expect

ok the IOS 20% android 80% graph has got to be false. there's no way. if i did a poll of my school it would be 90-95 percent IOS
Just because your school has near entirely IOS doesn't mean the entire planet uses IOS