Bushido's Newest Weapon Packs

Author Topic: Bushido's Newest Weapon Packs  (Read 25774 times)

On one hand.
There's already a giant stockpile of weapons and I'm not sure why anyone would be disappointed to not see more in it.
On the other hand.
Not releasing things isn't going to stop bad servers from being hosted anyway.

I think the main issue here is that the ownership of the add-on rests in the hands of the mod author, and not with the community. If an add-on creator wishes to keep their mods private, that they have every right to do so.

Leaking private mods, especially unfinished ones, is an absolute scumbag move. The only people entitled to those mods are the mod creators.

I think that leaking someone else's private Add-Ons without their permission is absolutely despicable.  They should not under any circumstances be treated as a hero for doing it.  Mod creators' content and the release or lack thereof is expressly their business.  There is even a pretty much an unspoken rule here saying not to do it.

But,

Bushido, while I respect you tremendously as a mod creator who has brought such color to the community with such useful mods, both independent and in packages, and while I agree that you as a mod creator have no obligation to release your content to anyone, I say with utmost sincerity, have more faith in yourself, man.  Like yeah you set the bar high for yourself, but people are bound to be accepting of your mods whether WIP, incomplete, broken or otherwise.  I think one of my favorite things about your mods is that they are meticulously fine-tuned.  But don't worry too much about what people think, 'kay?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:56:13 AM by SWAT One »

here's a thought, if you don't want your content leaked then don't share it with anyone
leaks happen because people tend to be untrustworthy in the long run

hot damn, everyone talking about how right or wrong it is to keep addons private, and to leak them, and i'm just over here feeling bad because i really like these and i want to keep using them

although i agree with bushido, these weapon packs have been floating around for years in their unfinished state and people still have proven to love them time and again. sure people gripe about T+T at times but its not like any addon will remain loved for years and years like the stunt plane or kaje's sniper rifle.

here's a thought, if you don't want your content leaked then don't share it with anyone
leaks happen because people tend to be untrustworthy in the long run
bushi made these on commission/request/whatever iirc and its not him who distributed the packs to untrustworthy people.

although i agree with bushido, these weapon packs have been floating around for years in their unfinished state and people still have proven to love them time and again. sure people gripe about T+T at times but its not like any addon will remain loved for years and years like the stunt plane or kaje's sniper rifle.
bushi made these on commission/request/whatever iirc and its not him who distributed the packs to untrustworthy people.
then its not his place to govern where they get distributed if it was made for or commissioned by someone else, you are automatically giving up your 'privatization' of content when you give it to someone else, and they now also have control of who receives your content and how

this is like buying a bicycle for a child and then a year later getting mad because they let their friend borrow it
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 02:14:44 AM by Swollow »

There is even a rule here saying not to do it.
You missed the context of that said rule. It specifically says doing a crappy job of porting it. v8 -> v9 changed the add-on system, requiring all of them to be packaged the way they are now.

Didn't Badspot say something about private add-ons once?  I can't find the quote.

Cool stuff but I feel bad using Bushi's private stuff ;(

hot damn, everyone talking about how right or wrong it is to keep addons private, and to leak them, and i'm just over here feeling bad because i really like these and i want to keep using them

Same

on topic:
everyone thinks its amazing if thats really your only problem

mm mm *wipe mouth on napkin* busherdo why you mad people are stealing you pies they really like your pies if thats what you're worried about *eat another piece of pie

mm mm *wipe mouth on napkin* busherdo why you mad people are stealing you pies they really like your pies if thats what you're worried about *eat another piece of pie
i find it funny how i've looked through 2-3 topics and you've replied to all my posts

i find it funny how i've looked through 2-3 topics and you've replied to all my posts
If you do something assholish like defending someone who leaked private content then of course I'm going to call you out.

Didn't Badspot say something about private add-ons once?  I can't find the quote.

Should be somewhere in the "So, what I've Missed?" thread from when Iban came back.