Bushido's Newest Weapon Packs

Author Topic: Bushido's Newest Weapon Packs  (Read 25855 times)

what bushido is saying is that everyone wants a weapons pack that is "really cool" and then once they get their hands on it, it becomes oversaturated and isn't used to the full extent or it isn't properly used.

you guys are telling him to not make "private" addons anymore if he cares about the quality of his addons. so he won't. he won't host/have others host his addons anymore. so forget you.

just because something exists in the public forum doesn't mean you have the right to have it.

i have a nice computer. i let my friends use it. that doesn't mean they get to put it in a box and give it to random scrublords.

Holy stuff what a surprise, when you make a cool new thing and show it off to people people will start to want that new thing?  It's like in the real world, if you invent something cool people are going to want to buy it; and if you make a cool mod people are going to want to have it.  Don't want people knowing/asking about said cool thing?  Then how about this: don't loving show it to them.
do you realize how entitled you sound right now

and that's exactly what bushido has been doing; ever wonder why he hasnt released a mod or hosted a server in years? you dont get people to release or make things by telling them its their god-given duty to release whatever they make.

a lot of one off scripts i make i dont release because making an addon ready for release is a lot more work than just making the addon to suit your needs.

They are finished though and they work fine

i planned on cleaning up mwb and ive been trying to get them into other servers that could use them to see how they work in a controlled environment but whoops never mind here it is

you guys can have it now

modern war battles is unfinished

I think he means unfinished in how it's balanced and such

If it was truly unfinished, then there'd be features or guns missing, or it wouldn't even work ingame

hey bushido, i just want to know why does the machine guns in T+T have a click-of-death before you shoot

do you realize how entitled you sound right now

and that's exactly what bushido has been doing; ever wonder why he hasnt released a mod or hosted a server in years? you dont get people to release or make things by telling them its their god-given duty to release whatever they make.

a lot of one off scripts i make i dont release because making an addon ready for release is a lot more work than just making the addon to suit your needs.
How am I entitled?  You can't be surprised that people want something when you just show it off to them.  You can't get mad at us for finding something appealing, that's stupid.

Nobody told him, or at least I haven't told him, to release these.

Why am I not surprised you're the one saying this
Why am I not surprised you're not giving any actual input to what I said?  If you're going to respond to the discussion then at least add to it, twat.

what a surprise, when you make a cool new thing and show it off to people people will start to want that new thing?.

It's his content, he can do whatever he wants with it. If Bushido wants to show his weapon packs to people, good. If people want it that's fine, but it doesn't excuse that his content was released without his consent. Think of add-ons as music, just because people are looking forward to an artist's next work doesn't mean they're ready for it. Music has to be tweaked and polished before it is to be released to the public. If you were to release music without refining it, you wouldn't get the best out of it.

This is one hell of a stuffstorm

It's his content, he can do whatever he wants with it. If Bushido wants to show his weapon packs to people, good. If people want it that's fine, but it doesn't excuse that his content was released without his consent. Think of add-ons as music, just because people are looking forward to an artist's next work doesn't mean they're ready for it. Music has to be tweaked and polished before it is to be released to the public. If you were to release music without refining it, you wouldn't get the best out of it.
It may be his content but it's officially owned by Blockland. Legally speaking, Bushido can't do anything about his pack being released. He signed an invisible waiver when he distributed it in the first place, so its partially his fault for doing so. Ethically speaking, its a richard move for anyone to release unfinished/intentionally unreleased work belonging to someone else.

I personally think there should be a rule against posting add-ons created by other people, without their consent.

found it:
i mean i won't lie, leaking someone else's stuff without any consent is a richardtacular move, but so is deliberately withholding stuff so it doesn't ever see the light of day (unless it's being actively worked on, but likely none of the three weapon packs were)
This isn't towards all add-ons in general though. This is more towards entire gamemodes just getting left to rot.
Unfortunately, the gamemode system sucks. Yes. It's so easy for a user to just toss one into their folder and start it up. But there's zero configuration. If the user wants to change something, they might as well just go custom anyway. Unfortunately, they don't get access to the build or any gamemode specific scripts (unless you make it not check for a gamemode when executed) without opening the file still, so they still get forgeted over.

This thread took quite a turn. Jesus Christ.

honestly i hate when addons are private and never released because the creator has stopped playing and providing it to the public. if anything, really cool addons that can help old and new coders alike go through and reverse engineer or take example from a previously built addon. not only that, the community doesn't loose really cool stuff.

while someone's add-ons are THEIR addons and are definitely entitled to have it to themselves, a courteous thing to do would be to release it if they plan on leaving the community or dont have fun coding with the addon as much as they used to. that would be mega rad

-snip-
Aren't you glad literally everyone is playing a game with an add-on you made? You're a god, Bushido.

Oh, now I get it, this is really bad because you won't make anything anymore. Please still make things.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 09:44:12 PM by Neventii »

i release everything i make for everyone to use because i believe its a backwards elitist mentality for me to just keep it to myself for status or to get people jealous

besides, i get satisfaction from seeing other users enjoy content i make. even if all i do is just take stuff other people made and make it work in blockland (talking about music, sounds and prints here mostly).