Author Topic: Bushido's Newest Weapon Packs  (Read 25761 times)

I guess Bushido's only course of action is to release a brand new 2016 weapon pack that blows modernwarbattles out of the water

this leak would never have happened if bushido released the spinfusor...

the correlation is obvious, in my professional opinion..

speaking of private add-ons (private weapon packs), aren't the weapons in this video private?
anyways it just pisses me off to see nice stuff never get released especially if there are no obvious issues (heedicalking(?) has a private laser cannon for his siege server which hasn't been up recently)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 12:53:35 AM by QuadStorm »

my two cents on the situation: the add-on maker has no obligation to make an addon, to carry on making it to completion, or to release it.

it's content that they modelled, scripted, perhaps even made sounds for. people who argue that addon makers keep not releasing their gosh dang addons and how it's making blockland poorer and/or less fun or whatever are, in my opinion, completely missing the point. sure, addon makers should be encouraged to test their content publically, receive feedback, and eventually release it for others to enjoy, but saying that everyone should release the addons they make and stop "hogging them" is pretty loving stupid, in my opinion.

releasing private addons that you have access to - through the fact that the addon maker trusted you with them, or through some chain of trust - without the creator's consent is a richard move.

the people arguing that it's a richard move because the addons are unfinished? i disagree. it's a richard move regardless, as there's no rule, written or unwritten, that says people should release addons the second they're playable, or at all. people have unfinished projects, or ones that they're not satisfied with. i've had projects that i wasn't entirely satisfied with, too. i would be understandably miffed if they were released to the public without my accord.

the thing is
blockland would be a better game
imagine a situation where all modders go batstuff insane and give out their private mods to the community on the blf
you can say that theoretically there will be more quality servers

a lot of the time private mods dont make it to release is because they arent really polished, not because the author is a richard. This is one of the rarer cases where its not a buggy mod, but just incomplete and not being worked on.

a lot of the time private mods dont make it to release is because they arent really polished, not because the author is a richard. This is one of the rarer cases where its not a buggy mod, but just incomplete and not being worked on.

the thing is
blockland would be a better game
imagine a situation where all modders go batstuff insane and give out their private mods to the community on the blf
you can say that theoretically there will be more quality servers

true

also, i like theses addons, thanks you

if people just want cool stuff to play around with just make your forgetin own stuff
Are you / anyone else willing to teach us how?

im pretty sure he said something along the lines of we should learn ourselves, which it's not a bad idea but a little bit of help from someone/multiple people with experience is a big help, that sometimes people arn't just willing to give, do understand.

pretty sure leaks' rationale is "the creator wouldn't use these anyway, they'd just quietly rot deep in the creator's harddrive and collect mountains of dust without ever seeing the light of day," aka what people refer to when they say "private mod hell"

i mean releasing it without the creator's go-ahead is richardtastic, yeah, but it's a necessary evil since the creator would just say "no forget off" and continue to do nothing with the add-on(s) in question.

there are plenty of friendly people and resources online on mod disc if you only bothered to ask

nobody is going to make it for you unless they're taking commissions or are a really kind soul. but you can't expect that modders, who do this on their free time, will feed you the information you need without you even needing to ask.

i mean releasing it without the creator's go-ahead is richardtastic, yeah, but it's a necessary evil since the creator would just say "no forget off" and continue to do nothing with the add-on(s) in question.

just because the creator's content exists that doesn't mean it by default needs to be released to the public. it doesn't matter how much anyone else likes it

if a mod creator makes a cool thing but doesn't want anyone to have it and they rarely - if ever - uses it themselves, then just respect their decision. they don't want the stuff to be used

I came here expecting some fresh hate straight from Bushido, I'm satisfied, now.