Bushido's Newest Weapon Packs

Author Topic: Bushido's Newest Weapon Packs  (Read 25604 times)

As said beforehand, considering the excessively large amount of weapon mods in circulation, there was no real loss in these ones remaining private, and it hardly seems like it matters that they are no longer private, in the long run, since most people will probably still use something like T+T or some other popular weapon pack anyways, and skip right by this. The only thing this is really useful for is to be an add-on to add to some collection of lost, fail-binned, or private add-ons, especially when you consider that Bushido hasn't quite given it the love and attention it probably needs yet.

However, I think that these add-on leaks really should serve as a reminder to people to get away from that hording mentality around private add-ons. Sure, it's pretty douchey to flaunt a shiny new toy that nobody else in the playground gets to play with, but to me, stealing that toy away just because you want to play with it before forgetting all about it is also pretty douchey. Private add-ons in general are a bad idea imo, but you shouldn't go around taking what isn't yours, only to expect the owners to be happy about it. There were better ways to about this, but leaking it like this was a pretty big richard move.

The last thing this game needs is to lose one of the few people who still actively care about creating good quality things for it.

As said beforehand, considering the excessively large amount of weapon mods in circulation, there was no real loss in these ones remaining private, and it hardly seems like it matters that they are no longer private, in the long run, since most people will probably still use something like T+T or some other popular weapon pack anyways, and skip right by this. The only thing this is really useful for is to be an add-on to add to some collection of lost, fail-binned, or private add-ons, especially when you consider that Bushido hasn't quite given it the love and attention it probably needs yet.

However, I think that these add-on leaks really should serve as a reminder to people to get away from that hording mentality around private add-ons. Sure, it's pretty douchey to flaunt a shiny new toy that nobody else in the playground gets to play with, but to me, stealing that toy away just because you want to play with it before forgetting all about it is also pretty douchey. Private add-ons in general are a bad idea imo, but you shouldn't go around taking what isn't yours, only to expect the owners to be happy about it. There were better ways to about this, but leaking it like this was a pretty big richard move.

The last thing this game needs is to lose one of the few people who still actively care about creating good quality things for it.

But then say that kid has a magic copying machine and makes all the copys you need and gives the original toy back

question to the people happy that op leaked this: why are you happy that someone's personal work that they spent months on got released 100% without the special someone's permission
regardless of what grudges you have against this person it's a pretty stuffty thing to do

the thing is
blockland would be a better game
imagine a situation where all modders go batstuff insane and give out their private mods to the community on the blf
you can say that theoretically there will be more quality servers

We have so many quality add-ons already so clearly that's not the problem.

Especially when it comes to weapons.

We have so many quality add-ons already so clearly that's not the problem.

Especially when it comes to weapons.
Not many of them are as good as these though

Only like 5% of the gun mods are actually decent or better imo

Didn't Badspot say something about private add-ons once?  I can't find the quote.
found it:
The idea behind the gamemode system was to provide a way for creative people to package their gameplay creations and share them with other people.  One of the central complaints by new users is that you just get an empty box and it's hard to know what to do - you can join a server and see some really cool game mode or build, but how do you run something like that?  Well with gamemodes, the people who know what they're doing could package up their cool server config and release it for other people to use. 

However, that's not what happens.  There is this toxic concept of "idea stealing" that is deeply engrained in the community so that no one ever releases anything that they've made.  They run a server, then they stop and their creation is never seen again.  No one is allowed to play with their ball without them. 

I don't know if there isn't enough glory in releasing a game mode or if Blockland just appeals to the wrong end of the psychological spectrum or if there some other flaw in the system, but this is the problem.  It's not technological, it's sociological. 

I remade speedkart to show people the potential of the gamemode system and to make a fun game based on community creations, and all people do is stuff on me for "stealing" it. 

i mean i won't lie, leaking someone else's stuff without any consent is a richardtacular move, but so is deliberately withholding stuff so it doesn't ever see the light of day (unless it's being actively worked on, but likely none of the three weapon packs were)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 09:48:01 AM by Cybertails1998 »

Add-on creators have zero obligation to release their work, yet everyone else has the obligation to demand and stuff on others when they dont release their stuff. I'm not as invested in the add-on biz here (ive only released like 2 add-ons total) but even for me it's kind of annoying to see people saying stuff like "why arent you releasing this. we really want this and if you dont release it you're a piece of stuff." Creators are essentially running a food shelter, and the people they're feeding are so ungrateful that half of the time the only thing they can say is "why didnt i get more? why does it taste so sour?"

I started on a WW2 weapon pack about a year ago and it still hasn't finished. i've given up all hope of it being released since all the models are outdated as forget and have no more hype, and i'm still being criticized and told that i'm stuff because i never released them. Only two people have had the decency to say something along the lines of "oh i understand where you're coming from, it must be hard to focus on mods while your grandmother is dying of cancer. you have my condolences"

Theres nothing more infuriating than to see people, in the same breath, begging me to release something while calling me lazy and a liar for not releasing it. If you want it so bad, make your own stuff. Take a 3d modeling class or scripting class and make the damn thing yourself.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:48:32 AM by Perry »

^^^ +1, i went through a similar situation with my old weapon/item packs. the community is half the reason why i never finished them. nowadays i sometimes get people i've never talked to before asking me in-game what happened to that project
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 11:04:24 AM by Zloff »

Don't get me wrong, I get a lot of PMs from really nice people saying how they'd be willing to help me out in any way and are always looking forward to my next weapon pack. Those kinds of people are awesome and I wish everyone was like that. Unfortunately, thats just a minority compared to the majority of people rushing me and making stuffty jokes like "he abandoned this project like he did his daughter."

Some people are just so loving immature.

Sure, it's pretty douchey to flaunt a shiny new toy that nobody else in the playground gets to play with, but to me, stealing that toy away just because you want to play with it before forgetting all about it is also pretty douchey.

You're not stealing the toy. You're creating a perfect clone without even touching the original. Now there are two shiny toys, and noone lost anything.

except in this situation the toy that was cloned was incomplete and the creator didn't want anyone to clone it yet because it isn't his best work as it is not finished

except in this situation the toy that was cloned was incomplete and the creator didn't want anyone to clone it yet because it isn't his best work as it is not finished

They are finished though and they work fine

Holy stuff what a surprise, when you make a cool new thing and show it off to people people will start to want that new thing?  It's like in the real world, if you invent something cool people are going to want to buy it; and if you make a cool mod people are going to want to have it.  Don't want people knowing/asking about said cool thing?  Then how about this: don't loving show it to them.

Holy stuff what a surprise, when you make a cool new thing and show it off to people people will start to want that new thing?  It's like in the real world, if you invent something cool people are going to want to buy it; and if you make a cool mod people are going to want to have it.  Don't want people knowing/asking about said cool thing?  Then how about this: don't loving show it to them.

ok

Why am I not surprised you're the one saying this