3 (15%)
Politician
2 (10%)
Criminal Politician
5 (25%)
Mob leader
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Identity  (Read 5312 times)

Identity is a game where you can do literally anything you can do in life.

A couple of videos that explain what the game is and show off some gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F3Nbcfr2YM&t=618s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWVgeuXsEls

Set to release in 2017, you can pre order different packages here:

https://www.identityrpg.com/shop/
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 06:44:36 PM by The Young Avenger »

that is incredibly ambitious.

I really question how far they would be able to get with this, wont believe it until its done.

that is incredibly ambitious.

I really question how far they would be able to get with this, wont believe it until its done.
They've already confirmed some pretty basic stuff like being a fire fighter, police officer, politician, criminal.

I plan to be a criminal politician.

They've already confirmed some pretty basic stuff like being a fire fighter, police officer, politician, criminal.

I plan to be a criminal politician.
I hope there's some sort of limiter. The whole nation can't be criminals, likewise for cops. It would be another Arma 3 Life scenerio. 50% of the server is either tagging along with a criminal growing weed and other stupid drugs, while the cops relentlessly gun downs everyone.

I'm fairly certain that not everyone is just going to go and be criminals, because then if you got caught a LOT then you'd be spending your time ingame roleplaying at a prison. People are going to go through with their own level of knowledge of a certain career is what I'm hoping.

errrr

im feeling very very wary of the "can do anything in real life" part because the problem with game development is there's never enough time to make a game as big as you want it to be, and that's for AAA games like GTA. and given that this isn't backed by a AAA dev or studio there's going to either be a massively long wait until this game is out, or its going to be less exciting than it sounds at the moment.

and unless they're simplifying things like jobs and stuff its not going to be very fun. this is already ignoring the potential for mass scale griefing and violence/criminals as alkatjo mentioned.
the real likelihood is that anyone who would otherwise go out and join mobs and forget other people's stuff up but dont because of real life consequences will end up doing it in game because there is no consequences to it.

Can I neglect my family and file tax returns?

cause if not i'm not interested

Watching the videos explains a lot.

They've said they want things to be fun. Jobs are like classes and you unlock skills by progressing in them or something like that.
It's like a GTA MMO.

I hope there's some sort of limiter. The whole nation can't be criminals, likewise for cops. It would be another Arma 3 Life scenerio. 50% of the server is either tagging along with a criminal growing weed and other stupid drugs, while the cops relentlessly gun downs everyone.

Yeah. Games like these never do to well because the civilian jobs are too boring. Gmod DarkRP is another example where everybody is either a cop or a criminal, and the cops are corrupt.
I don't think many people will enjoy being UPS or a janitor or a McFastFood employee when they could run around with a gun and steal stuff.

How do you prevent crimes? You could spend time in jail like Age of Time which does well at putting off the idea of committing a crime, but then there's the issue of corrupt cops. How can we prove the arrest was justified?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 03:25:34 AM by Steve5451² »

No Man's Sky 2: Electric Boogaloo

id rather not escape my boring life to live another boring life

Cain wait for its community to get into an irreversible downward spiral till its on par with "second life."
Won't that be fun

"i can't wait to get home from work and play a game where i can't wait to get home from work and message other players on an app on a virtual pc"

if it doesn't end up a giant cops vs robbers game with the occasional family rp i'd be surprised