Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Presentation - January 12th  (Read 153180 times)

sadly the circuitry and screen is not made of nintendium, while the frame is

that V shape looks handicapped and painful to use, please don't become a product designer

that V shape looks handicapped and painful to use, please don't become a product designer
Well sorry that my Photoshop job doesn't look like a finished product, it's supposed to do that kind of offset of an xbox controller, but I'd expect the grips to be modified and a few other things (like the v thing being thinner.).
It's more or less a proof of concept. I'd rather the grips be literally the other direction, but that would require more editing than I'm willing to do to get that visual so it also does so while being able to line up the slide in functionality of the joycon.

If you were to make an adapter controller I'd recomend making it look like a v Instead of a straight down line like you have it now.
Well sorry that my Photoshop job doesn't look like a finished product, it's supposed to do that kind of offset of an xbox controller, but I'd expect the grips to be modified and a few other things (like the v thing being thinner.).
It's more or less a proof of concept. I'd rather the grips be literally the other direction, but that would require more editing than I'm willing to do to get that visual so it also does so while being able to line up the slide in functionality of the joycon.
Nintendo did originally go with the V-shape at first during development however after adjusting the design they ended up with the parallel grip we have now.

Nintendo did originally go with the V-shape at first during development however after adjusting the design they ended up with the parallel grip we have now.
what really? do you have pics?

what really? do you have pics?

Koizumi also talks a little bit about it over here.

that would've been so much better wtffffffffffff

that would've been so much better wtffffffffffff
That would have been absolutely horrible to use. Maybe there's something wrong with your hands, but just look at the position of the buttons and sticks...eurgh.

It'd at least be more comfortable than perfectly parallel, pretty much every controller now with dual sticks are in a "V" layout

That would have been absolutely horrible to use. Maybe there's something wrong with your hands, but just look at the position of the buttons and sticks...eurgh.
have you ever used any controller similar to the xbox 360 controller layout at all?

have you ever used any controller similar to the xbox 360 controller layout at all?
Yeah. Notice how the DualShock, the Duke, the 360 and the One controllers ALL don't match this handicapped vagina-v layout? How the Switch's current controller layout matches the rest of them?

At least its a step up from the Wii U Pro controller

notice how the grips aren't straight on any of these? maybe because people don't like bending their wrists that much? basic ergonomics?