Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Presentation - January 12th  (Read 148839 times)

where's gamecube controller support

god dammit nintendo why are you switching to paid online i thought you were better than this

god dammit nintendo why are you switching to paid online i thought you were better than this
bu dum tss

i don't mind paid online too much since most nintendo games i like are single player or local multiplayer anyways, but if that means nintendo is hosting servers, that could be good news for games where latency is a problem

I'm upset about the paid online service but at the same time I feel like it's a necessary evil if Nintendo is going to step into the present and offer an actual online community service instead of just "trade friend codes with people"

I'm upset about the paid online service but at the same time I feel like it's a necessary evil if Nintendo is going to step into the present and offer an actual online community service instead of just "trade friend codes with people"
WiiU didn't use friend codes.

am i the only one who feels kind of triggered about parental controls? what ever happened to supervising your children, not let a console or an app tech your kids bad or good?

holy forget
i want this system so bad but nintendo is shooting themselves in the foot with the deadly sin of paid online
holy forget you can play online for free on pc with no subscription services
why

nvm, after thinking about it the paid online is acceptable considering it costs $$$ to keep servers running and stuff
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:41:53 PM by Mr Queeba »

Can I have a source for this paid online? I'm hearing people say it is just for a specific app

Can I have a source for this paid online? I'm hearing people say it is just for a specific app
http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

It's right in the presentation.
https://youtu.be/uuC4YLLkqME?t=36m4s

am i the only one who feels kind of triggered about parental controls? what ever happened to supervising your children, not let a console or an app tech your kids bad or good?
parental controls are on most devices these days, and they are a method of passive supervision. often times it's literally just straightforward restrictions of certain software or features

holy forget
i want this system so bad but nintendo is shooting themselves in the foot with the deadly sin of paid online
why
Because its the only way to play their games online, and it is shown that console players do end up paying for online.
If you have to pay for a game's online on PC everyone just jumps ship to the next best thing, you can't do that on console if the entire access to online is blocked.

holy forget
why
many pc games with free online have player-hosted servers, follow a microtransaction-funded f2p model, etc. the former puts little to no financial burden on the developers, and the latter can be shaky. as always, the reality of the situation is that video games are a business, and developers need to make a profit to keep making great games. the money for continued upkeep of servers has to come from somewhere, and a one-time $300 price point ain't gonna cut it

i would be interested in knowing if developers could voluntarily opt out of the paid online service in place of their own, tho that wouldn't help the exclusive nintendo titles that would draw people to the platform anyways. i'd wait and see how much the online services will be before complaining too much tho
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:54:32 PM by otto-san »

they seriously give you free classic game and they take them away from you a month later
online paid gameplay

I sometimes think that Nintendo is taking 1 step foward and 3 backwards