Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 237640 times)

i like the idea of having toy joints but it looks pretty long

i like the idea of having toy joints but it looks pretty long
the problem with blockheads is that most human poses don't work due to their short proportions and the implied length of their arms. The best solution is to make the entire model longer.

the problem with blockheads is that most human poses don't work due to their short proportions and the implied length of their arms. The best solution is to make the entire model longer.
your model is literally slenderman.

again, if it were the height of a regular bl avatar it'd be cool but rn it's too tall

My ideas for the design of the character.
That's an incredible design, I love it! It really fits with the toy-idea I'm going for, just would need to be a little shorter. I also like how the arm bends, although it might need to be able to bend inward as well.

OG

thats what makes the game feel so casual and cartoonish tho, the exaggerated proportions

i get if you wanna go for more realistic but even so you dont have to go literally real life human body proportions - just less exaggerated would be enough. its a great model but its mildly creepy cause its a clearly-non-human design that has human proportions

plus imagine that thing walking around placing blocks or fighting in a block based env. seems like it would feel a bit out of place being so high fidelity/realistic compared to the blocky simplistic buildings around it, sorta like army men models in blockland running around and building. its not unplayable but it feels weird and out of place

am I the only one who hates the proportions?

you could do something like bones4 where he made a playertype slightly skinnier and taller so players could conveniently walk around his accurately proportioned Titanic

why are the feet not connected in the one that's supposed to be completely connected?

I love that.
This is what I want.