Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)

Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 232334 times)

It might be cool to make all these UI elements resizable and movable by client-side mods.

You could also let server-side mods add UI elements for whatever gamemode the server is doing
That should be very easy to do. I'm not sure how that would work exactly just yet, but it could be something as easy as:
Code: [Select]
Image window = GameObject.Find("Player Inventory").GetComponent<Image>();
window.scale = new Vector3(0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f);
window.position = new Vector3(-100f, 50f, 0f);

That's a good idea as well. It might be best to let players download mods from a host (similar to RTB), in order to have to use required GUIs for the servers. Although, there could also be builtin client-sided functions for adding GUI elements (or sending limited data to them from the server), which can be called by the server itself for specific clients.

Sorry if this has already been asked, is there going to be VR support?
Not sure yet, but we'll definitely look into it. I do have a VR headset, and Longor just bought one himself.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 05:10:16 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Do you suspect that the system requirements will be high? (For the base game, not VR.)

Do you suspect that the system requirements will be high? (For the base game, not VR.)
Not much higher than Blockland's, although it's too early to say for sure right now.

Do you think there will be a possible fix for the mouse hovering outside of the game? It's a common issue with Unity games.

Do you think there will be a possible fix for the mouse hovering outside of the game? It's a common issue with Unity games.
I actually just found a way to fix it, by allow the game application to continue running in the background. The fix will be included in the v0.3.0 update.

kenko uploaded and then privated a video of a BL remake in UE4, just take my word for it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzG8s5ZIp_4
it seemed to have good building features and a considerable amount of bricks, as well as a feature that let you build a line or maybe an array of bricks at once (eg a whole line of fences), a bedroom-ish map with secrets, death ragdolls, particle effects, tools (seemingly only a hammer), and the players looked like the beta BL player

appearances included a player named "reft" who i assume is refticus, but i don't remember anyone else
the video title was just "test"
idk if this is already common knowledge but eh

kenko uploaded and then privated a video of a BL remake in UE4, just take my word for it
it seemed to have good building features and a considerable amount of bricks, as well as a feature that let you build a line or maybe an array of bricks at once (eg a whole line of fences), a bedroom-ish map with secrets, death ragdolls, particle effects, tools (seemingly only a hammer), and the players looked like the beta BL player

appearances included a player named "reft" who i assume is refticus, but i don't remember anyone else
please do not leak brickadia content
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 12:29:12 PM by chrisbot6 »

ok
can't beleive you've done this

oh well, at least you only have old stuff

can't beleive you've done this

oh well, at least you only have old stuff

I did this like two or three times before how'd you miss it

I've been looking forward to seeing how Brickadia turns out, but have yet to see any recent media about their progress. I was going to help out with the project at one time, but wanted to work on my own with my own vision for the game. Can't wait to check it out when it goes public though.

Btw, did a very basic experiment with bots recently. Also, I'm starting to finalize how the inventory system will work, which I'll go into detail about later.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 09:40:20 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

I did this like two or three times before how'd you miss it
because you're irrelevant

Just added a brand new kitchen map, which may be included with v0.3.0:

« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 02:59:43 PM by [GSF]Ghost »