mediafire now blocks you out when using an adblocker

Author Topic: mediafire now blocks you out when using an adblocker  (Read 11331 times)

Revenue Self Delete? Do you know how any of this works? The reason they're doing all of this stuff is because nobody uses Mediafire, because it's so stuff. They use the alternatives that dont have nearly as obtrusive ads, faster download speeds, etc.
And those websites get more attention because they aren't so stuff with ads. They spent the extra buck and won the fight.
This is the statement I agree with the most in this thread.

however, the ads aren't at all mediafire's fault, they are the agency they signed up for to generate revenue

I don't know how anyone can come to this conclusion unless they have absolutely no idea how ad revenue works. The advertisement content hosted on Mediafire's website is 100% their responsibility to curate, and they forgeted up countless times, losing any credibility they had to complain about adblockers.

I don't know how anyone can come to this conclusion unless they have absolutely no idea how ad revenue works. The advertisement content hosted on Mediafire's website is 100% their responsibility to curate, and they forgeted up countless times, losing any credibility they had to complain about adblockers.
We've already said this to him multiple times, at this point i'm starting to think he's a troll.

what really secures the autism award for the people in this thread is that they think mediafire is intentionally putting these ads on their website to trick others.
you are correct that mediafire doesn't have much control over their adverts. however, i am against all types of stuffty adverts that are deceptive or just downright dumb. unfortunately, modern advertising on the internet seems to be cancer pretty much everywhere.

if this means that mediafire doesn't make any money from me, so be it. maybe if enough people run adblockers, they will contact their stuffty advertising partners, and tell them to cut back on their deceptive adverts.

yeah forget about the sarcastic first quote that you made that implies to pointing out that it doesn't run on ads

verification your picture is literally just me telling you that you are stupid if you're connecting blockland into this. this has been literally your carried point throughout your posts and it's dumb. i'm telling you that's not the case.

you're not proving anything by taking screenshots. just quote your stuff instead.

And those websites get more attention because they aren't so stuff with ads. They spent the extra buck and won the fight.
this is probably the most black and white statement presented in this thread, and it pretty much summarizes why arguing about it is pointless since you clearly don't understand the reason how website traffic is determined.

mediafire is using ads because they don't get attention, and that's how it's able to stay in business. it has nothing to do with their 'selection' of ads, which, mind you, is nonexistent since they don't choose what ads get displayed. if you and other people want to use a flashier, better file uploading service, nobody's stopping you or condemning you. but you condemning people for using mediafire and condemning mediafire for trying to earn money just shows how little of the big picture you actually see

if this means that mediafire doesn't make any money from me, so be it. maybe if enough people run adblockers, they will contact their stuffty advertising partners, and tell them to cut back on their deceptive adverts.
yes, it will show them that the current ad agency is exactly what they payed for- cheap. so i guess their next choice will be to upgrade to a better ad revenue generator and lose out on millions of dollars due to its collateral cost
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 09:20:35 AM by PhantOS »

yeah forget about the sarcastic first quote that you made that implies to pointing out that it doesn't run on ads

verification your picture is literally just me telling you that you are stupid if you're connecting blockland into this. this has been literally your carried point throughout your posts and it's dumb. i'm telling you that's not the case.

you're not proving anything by taking screenshots. just quote your stuff instead.
wew lad.

wew lad.
these stuffty one-liners only make you look worse

wew lad.

throwback to this quote

this is why you're drama'd and constantly shat on, not to mention not being taken seriously.

this is probably the most black and white statement presented in this thread, and it pretty much summarizes why arguing about it is pointless since you clearly don't understand the reason how website traffic is determined.

mediafire is using ads because they don't get attention, and that's how it's able to stay in business. it has nothing to do with their 'selection' of ads, which, mind you, is nonexistent since they don't choose what ads get displayed. if you and other people want to use a flashier, better file uploading service, nobody's stopping you or condemning you. but you condemning people for using mediafire and condemning mediafire for trying to earn money just shows how little of the big picture you actually see
You use the term 'black and white' more than your apparent obsession with black rappers. It's weird.
You also completely dodged what I said so you can push your own stuffty narrative.
Useless to try to debate with you.

Køtt is also useless to debate with because he keeps going back to "BLOCKLAND and ADS"

Mediafire did used to get that kind of attention. It used to be very major and was used for alot, almost as much as dropbox.
They let it go downhill because unlike dropbox they let the site fall into the state of looking like something from 2010 and letting their ad service provider riddle them with stuffty ads. Google doesn't do that stuff and has templates you have to follow, meaning all the "download nows" are easily told out by the things at the topright of the border. So, everyone wins. Google doesn't have to filter. Mediafire doesn't have to do anything.

Køtt is also useless to debate with because he keeps going back to "BLOCKLAND and ADS"

and you're stuff-flinging about what exactly? because you're too upset or something? forget did i do to you? i can't take you seriously if you are going to do this

You also completely dodged what I said so you can push your own stuffty narrative.
as opposed to you dodging what i said so you can push your narrative on why mediafire is intentionally evil and a bad service and why we as consumers should not make our own decision on what service we use

Mediafire did used to get that kind of attention. It used to be very major and was used for alot, almost as much as dropbox.
They let it go downhill because unlike dropbox they let the site fall into the state of looking like something from 2010 and letting their ad service provider riddle them with stuffty ads. Google doesn't do that stuff and has templates you have to follow, meaning all the "download nows" are easily told out by the things at the topright of the border. So, everyone wins. Google doesn't have to filter. Mediafire doesn't have to do anything.
once again a really inaccurate description on why they lost traffic

apparently in your world, they lost it because their ads were bad or something, even though they lost traffic like 3-4 years ago when dropbox and other sharing services essentially replaced them. the use of ads is now their last resort as a free business to keep the, once again, 900 million dollars of data operational