Topic too old exploiting.

Author Topic: Topic too old exploiting.  (Read 24537 times)

So it's okay to post in a 7 year old thread if you can exploit the system.

Nice.
No, Im saying that it can be alright for minor reasons, but the tiny little brain of yours cant comprehend that.

I get yelled at for posting in a topic that is literally 2 days old.

meanwhile people bump 2 year old topics and no repercussions.

So forgive me if I just don't get it. lol
Context matters. A thread about a comic getting bumped because the comic was updated is perfectly reasonable, regardless of the amount of time passed. If you disagree, you can report it, but I'd wager Badspot would have bumped it himself on request. If you think your two day bump of whatever thread was also reasonable, defend it, don't go looking for other examples in random-ass threads just so you can say "they did it too!" Or is there a reason this particular bump offends you?

The only people defending this are the people that like prequel.
Sounds more like you're using this to take a cheap shot at some people who like Prequel, and are becoming frustrated that it clearly isn't working. Otherwise you would have picked a less excusable example.

No idea what the forget Prequel is, but I def agree the timelimit thing on threads is stupid. If a topic already exists for a subject, why create a new one? Especially if you want to continue or look through previous discussions related to the topic, having all that history in that one thread instead of making people search back is just better.

The time limit does keep people from unnecessarily bumping old topic after old topic though, like, nowadays, the only time you would see such a big bump is for things like megathreads or add-on threads since you would have to have the last post, or ask the last poster to quick-edit their post

So it's not entirely pointless

As for the exploiting, exploiting the limit should be a bannable offense if it's done with malicious intent, but there are good uses for doing so, such as the megathreads, add-on threads, clan threads, etc

No idea what the forget Prequel is, but I def agree the timelimit thing on threads is stupid. If a topic already exists for a subject, why create a new one? Especially if you want to continue or look through previous discussions related to the topic, having all that history in that one thread instead of making people search back is just better.

The whole reason why as badspot has probably mentioned before is to prevent people necroing threads that aren't like megathreads.

The whole reason why as badspot has probably mentioned before is to prevent people necroing threads that aren't like megathreads.

Megathreads don't get special exemptions.

just wait until the board is spammed with 1000 megathreads revolving around the same topic

just wait until the board is spammed with 1000 megathreads revolving around the same topic

"OMG POST IN OUR MEGATHREAD ONLY"

"OMG POST IN OUR MEGATHREAD ONLY"
pusillanimous individual boy tony is just mad he's never made a successful megathread

There's nothing wrong with it dumb

pusillanimous individual boy tony is just mad he's never made a successful megathread
The harvest was one but one cant even call that a thread

The harvest was one but one cant even call that a thread

It had like 200 pages.