12 (13%)
Land of Dran
40 (43.5%)
Something else "block" related
15 (16.3%)
Block Party
25 (27.2%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: Land of Dran  (Read 32810 times)

Hey there, here's a demo:
removed
You can change the nickname in the attached prefs.txt file.
It's just afghan dm loaded on a tiny map with some cubes you can kick around. I'll be on today to watch things.
Type "reset" to reset cubes.

The purpose of this demo is just for people to let me know how the player and cube movement works over an internet connection and if movement is overly laggy or jagged. Also if loading the bricks takes to long let me know. You probably won't be able to move until most of the bricks are loaded, that's normal. It should take <20 seconds usually.

Video of easily the best soccer game of 2017:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pDIHNWrs2w

Edit:
So I was on earlier giving people a tour, but I have to go now.
So in the last hour or two I've had at least 10 separate people come on. At one point we had 4 people online at once. Kenko, Riot, and Mr. Queeba.
We tested a bit and they seemed to all be able to run the game, that's fantastic. Though they did report varying degrees of jitteryness when trying to walk. Beyond that everything seemed to work for everyone.
A few tips:
1. You can type 'reset' to reset all purple blocks.
2. You can push other players around.
3. You can press M to unlock mouse like in BL
4. Use tab to switch between 1st and 3rd person

Also, a few things to do tonight:
Names over heads
Black outline around text
Underwater texture
Sounds
Clear chat on escape
Player list
Add in old script functions to server[/b]
Disconnect notifications
More prefs like mouse sensitivity and fov (eventually ingame)
zoom feature
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 03:42:23 PM by DrenDran »

yeah my movement was definitely not as smooth as yours. im connecting from the uk if that helps

Missed test, though what you guys did sounds very cool.
Any schedule or plans for when this type of stuff occurs so can better prepare myself to be on?

is the max height fixed yet

Antialiasing-adjacent things coming any time soon?

when will there be a open alpha?

I'll probably do another public test tomorrow or Friday evening if anyone wants.

Few updates:
In-game 3d text added, so both players and models can have names attached to them.
There's an underwater texture overlay so when you go underwater it looks like it.
Chat clears when you hit escape when typing.
A bunch of script functions were added back in and I have a chat eval add-on working.
Players should not disconnect instantly unless they've lagged out.
FOV and Mouse sensitivity prefs added to the prefs.txt
You can zoom with the f key
Connect and disconnect sounds, for now copied from Blockland though I'll get my own obviously. You can also add sounds via add-ons. 

Will it be PC only for now? I'd like to help test but I'm stuck on a Mac for the foreseeable future
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 10:12:53 PM by The Titanium »

Will it be PC only for now? I'd like to help test but I'm stuck on a Mac for the foreseeable future
I'm using mostly cross platform libraries making porting pretty trivial but only have a Windows PC to test on.

when will there be a open alpha?
I mean I'd need to get to a point where I'm not updating both the client and server in such a way as to make them incompatible every few hours lol

is the max height fixed yet
Was it broke?

Antialiasing-adjacent things coming any time soon?
You mean deleting the faces between adjacent bricks? It's possible, though not high up on the list of priorities atm.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 11:04:54 PM by DrenDran »

If you need someone to test for Mac, I'll volunteer to the best of my ability (which admittedly isn't saying too much)

God dam, somehow this dropped to the second page overnight. Anyway, I'll do a public test tonight I guess.

can i be a beta test boy

in the videos, it looks like it does that thing old doom engines do where if you look up or down it distorts

Allow fov adjustment and I think we got something very interesting here.

Here's the new demo:
----------------

It has the ability to show bricks loaded from .blb files. It has sounds. It has mouse sensitivity and FOV options in prefs.txt. It has a third person camera that tries to stay in the room with you. It has names over players heads. etc.
Player movement might be a bit weird cause I was in the process of rewriting it.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:32:51 PM by DrenDran »