12 (13%)
Land of Dran
40 (43.5%)
Something else "block" related
15 (16.3%)
Block Party
25 (27.2%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: Land of Dran  (Read 32886 times)

i like how it's small enough to upload on discord

Speaking of discord, is there or will there be one?

it opens the console window with nothing in it and then this. i can't see any log files either :s

I think I found a library that will make importing animated models trivial, though hilariously enough my problem now is that Blender won't seem to export them.
The format I'm working with atm is collada, and blender will import a dts and its animations alright, but won't export them correctly.

edit: There's a better collada exporter for blender.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 01:12:46 AM by DrenDran »

Here's a sample of animation:

edit: seems to be cutting out after a few frames, idk why, it looked fine on discord

GIF quality sucks, and I haven't added interpolation between keyframes yet, but that's easy enough to do.
So yeah, I got animation in game.
Anyone wanna give me an animated player model to use?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:33:13 PM by DrenDran »

thats cool as forget, what language is it written in?

Hey there mates. Busy week with college but I got a new video up.

Very nice, the blb loader is especially interesting. Really like that the gun had physics, too. Think third person seems a little zoomed out though.

Hope you make more videos like that.

Wonder what off-road vehicle there gonna use? like how Blockland has the Jeep.

Exporting animated models is incredibly difficult. All the exporter scripts/add-ons for blender seem to be out of date and half of the model formats blender supports aren't even animated. Bloody hell.

I have gotten player animations to work, and even the ability to hide/unhide nodes by name, allowing players to customize their appearance. Still I need a better exporter. My current one force all animations to have exactly 250 frames and effect every single node, essentially meaning that playing two animations at once is impossible.

Low-resolution webm of player animations:
http://63.251.20.184/asdf2.webm
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 01:19:11 PM by DrenDran »

Since this is using bullet, would ragdoll physics be possible? Since bullet can use joints. It even worked in GTA SA - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9I5SETA6k8

Here's a sample of animation:

edit: seems to be cutting out after a few frames, idk why, it looked fine on discord

GIF quality sucks, and I haven't added interpolation between keyframes yet, but that's easy enough to do.
So yeah, I got animation in game.
Anyone wanna give me an animated player model to use?
I could try animating that model I gave you.. If you like.

what graphics library and what collada library are you using? im making my own engine too and the animation part has me completly stumped