12 (13%)
Land of Dran
40 (43.5%)
Something else "block" related
15 (16.3%)
Block Party
25 (27.2%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: Land of Dran  (Read 32443 times)

Exporting animated models is incredibly difficult. All the exporter scripts/add-ons for blender seem to be out of date and half of the model formats blender supports aren't even animated. Bloody hell.

I have gotten player animations to work, and even the ability to hide/unhide nodes by name, allowing players to customize their appearance. Still I need a better exporter. My current one force all animations to have exactly 250 frames and effect every single node, essentially meaning that playing two animations at once is impossible.

Low-resolution webm of player animations:
http://63.251.20.184/asdf2.webm
Looking good, though, try not to literally take the blockhead model and port it over. Also, there's too much spacing between steps in the walking animation, so for a few moments, it looks like the blockhead is hovering over the ground.

Looking good, though, try not to literally take the blockhead model and port it over. Also, there's too much spacing between steps in the walking animation, so for a few moments, it looks like the blockhead is hovering over the ground.
this is just a test, he's not going to use any of these models or animations in the final thing obviously
The reason the walk animation is too slow is because of the exporter problems he was talking about

this is just a test, he's not going to use any of these models or animations in the final thing obviously
The reason the walk animation is too slow is because of the exporter problems he was talking about
Ah, okay.

Since this is using bullet, would ragdoll physics be possible? Since bullet can use joints. It even worked in GTA SA - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9I5SETA6k8
Yeah, it's possible. That said, for a death animation I was probably just going to have the blockhead fall to pieces, like in Roblox.
what graphics library and what collada library are you using? im making my own engine too and the animation part has me completly stumped
It's the open asset importer library that I used for collada.

Anyway, I'm working on getting emitters to work in such a way that I can directly take emitters from Blockland add-ons. The hope is today or tomorrow to get the gun actually working and shooting projectiles. Once that happens I'll post a new video with player animations, projectiles, and updated emitters. Later this week I hope to post a client/server for y'all to test.

So far I've fixed a bunch of little things like the names above heads being misaligned and some transparency sorting issues.
I've also gotten emitters working with the exact same parameters as blockland and made a script to export emitter (and particle) datablocks to a file as lua script for instant importing into my game.
That means that particles, emitters, brick types, and save files can all be imported into my game from Blockland so far.

Tomorrow at the latest I should have a new video up.
I'll also change the pictures in OP to be less trash and probably rename the topic, be sure to vote on your favorite name.

Sweet, I love your devotion to making the game directly compatible with Blockland.

let us event using lua or some simple programming language so it's infinitely more robust than blockland's pls

let us event using lua or some simple programming language so it's infinitely more robust than blockland's pls
eventing using lua sounds like a recipe for disaster

I mean the modding language is in LUA so far.
That's the language add-ons use.

Emitter code from converted Blockland add-on:
Code: [Select]
createParticle("offsetLaserParticleC")
bindParticle("offsetLaserParticleC")
setParticleLifetime(1100,300)
setGravityCoefficient(0)
setWindCoefficient(0)
setSpin(0,-90,90)
setParticleTexture("add-ons/emitter_test/dot.png",1,1)
addParticleStage(0,1.000000,0.000000,0.000000,1.000000,0.0976622,0.0976622,1)
addParticleStage(0.447059,0.000000,1.000000,0.000000,1.000000,0.0976622,0.0976622,1)
addParticleStage(0.898039,0.000000,0.000000,1.000000,1.000000,0.0976622,0.0976622,1)
addParticleStage(1,1.000000,0.000000,1.000000,0.000000,0.0976622,0.0976622,1)

createEmitter("offsetClosecirScleWhiteLaserEmitter")
bindEmitter("offsetClosecirScleWhiteLaserEmitter")
setEjectionOffset(1.02)
setEjectionPeriod(8)
setEjectionVariance(0)
setTheta(10,10)
setPhi(0,360)
setEjectionVelocity(0,0)
useEmitterColors(true)
addParticle("offsetLaserParticleC")

Emitter picture:

« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 04:59:11 PM by DrenDran »

Emitter picture:

Any way to make those smooth lines?
It's always been a pet peeve that the lasers were made of dots.
also you can throw width=(pixels) inside if the first img to reduce the size, quote me to see what i mean

Any way to make those smooth lines?
It's always been a pet peeve that the lasers were made of dots.
also you can throw width=(pixels) inside if the first img to reduce the size, quote me to see what i mean

make enough dots and it'll look like a line.

make enough dots and it'll look like a line.
Yeah but that's kinda unoptimized, it's a good temporary patch but it's not a real fix.

I hope you keep the function to allow giant smiling rectangles to fall from the sky

Yeah but that's kinda unoptimized, it's a good temporary patch but it's not a real fix.
I mean my mod allows you to set the x and y size for each particle individually. So just make a really wide and short dot and call it a line.
I hope you keep the function to allow giant smiling rectangles to fall from the sky
What's this mean?