Author Topic: [HISTORIC] Boy Scouts to admit girls into their ranks  (Read 10049 times)

get rid of different genders bathrooms after all it's just like jim crow
as mentioned earlier, there are actual biological differences that are relevant here (namely, urinals vs stalls). the same is not true of race, and it isn't true of the boy scouts.
though i would be okay with combining bathrooms. doesn't matter to me.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:44:35 PM by TristanLuigi »

get rid of different genders bathrooms after all it's just like jim crow
love segregated bathrooms are pretty much the same as race segregated bathrooms, yes.

of course that's not relevant here because the scouts are about learning values and how to do stuff (nothing to do with love,) and bathrooms are separate because people are worried someone's going to try to peek at the opposite love (even though that is equally as much of a problem as is)

it isn't irrelevant though, even if it's not necessarily comparable in scale to public education. the argument you're putting forward is that there would be no problem if both organizations were sufficiently equal in quality, and this is precisely the same as "separate but equal" in both doctrine and spirit. thus, the arguments in the majority opinion of brown v. board of education are relevant. the fact is that arbitrary separations along imaginary cultural boundaries will always result in an inequality of experience at the very least

if everyone here is complaining that the girl scouts are stuff so they should join the boy scouts instead, how is fixing the girl scouts not an answer? i can't see how it's not. you're going after the symptom of an illness. and this is all assuming that millions upon millions of girls want to go camping and learn about guns

if everyone here is complaining that the girl scouts are stuff so they should join the boy scouts instead, how is fixing the girl scouts not an answer? i can't see how it's not. you're going after the symptom of an illness
that's not what people are complaining about, that was brought up by people who are against the decision by the boy scouts as an alternate solution to removing the exclusivity rules. in reality, there is no problem at hand, the conflict here has been entirely fabricated. the girl scouts are frankly irrelevant to this discussion because this discussion is about the internal policy decisions of the boy scouts. unless you can offer up a compelling explanation as to why the policy changes are, in their own right, a poor decision, the idea of the girl scouts being an alternate plan of action for girls is moot here. it's a solution offered up to a problem that does not exist.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:54:05 PM by otto-san »

if everyone here is complaining that the girl scouts are stuff so they should join the boy scouts instead, how is fixing the girl scouts not an answer? i can't see how it's not. you're going after the symptom of an illness. and this is all assuming that millions upon millions of girls want to go camping and learn about guns
if everyone here is complaining that colored schools are stuff so they should go to white schools instead, how is fixing the colored schools not an answer? i can't see how it's not. you're going after the symptom of an illness, and this is all assuming that millions upon millions of Broes want to get good educations

why is segregation for the sake of segregation a good thing

man, this is exactly how the girl scouts is going to improve. if the girl scouts start losing money because everyone is jumping ship for a better organization, then they're gonna change their stuff. if your belief is that the girl scouts need to improve, then this is exactly what you want to have happen.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:57:18 PM by Dreams_Of_Cheese »

if everyone here is complaining that colored schools are stuff so they should go to white schools instead, how is fixing the colored schools not an answer? i can't see how it's not. you're going after the symptom of an illness, and this is all assuming that millions upon millions of Broes want to get good educations
if everyone here is complaining that pepsi is stuff so they should go drink coca-cola instead, how is fixing pepsi not an answer? i can't see how it's not. you're going after the symptom of an illness, and this is all assuming that millions upon millions of pepsi enthusiasts want to get good sodas

if only separate but equal applied even a little bit to soda companies

can we all agree that pepsi is stuff

can we all agree that pepsi is stuff
better than coke

but i drink water and tea :)

it's not nearly as bad as dr pepper, nothing is

pepsi is bad yeah
irn bru tastes like literal iron ore from the ground

pepsi is bad yeah irn bru tastes like literal iron ore from the ground

This is now the soda debate thread.