[HISTORIC] Boy Scouts to admit girls into their ranks

Author Topic: [HISTORIC] Boy Scouts to admit girls into their ranks  (Read 10054 times)

this is probably the most absurd version of "imagine if it was Y instead of X" ive seen to date

you know it'd be true

Imagine nitpicking over something good happening to try and find the worst out of things, even when problems are nonexistent.

I was in the Boy Scouts for at least 2-3 years. I'm glad to see this change, I think everyone can learn a lot of good skills and have a lot of fun. Making it co-ed is a good step imo. I don't know much about the Girl Scouts, but if what people have said here is true, there's many more skills to be learned in Boy Scouts (or just Scouts of America now).

Imagine nitpicking over something good happening to try and find the worst out of things, even when problems are nonexistent.

you keep saying that while everyone online says that they're pulling their kids out

you keep saying that while everyone online says that they're pulling their kids out
where? who? facebook moms? yahoo article comments?

what people say online has no impact unless theyre famous in real life

That's unfortunate for the .1% of people that are maybe doing that

facebook moms and YouTube comments are all I've seen so far but if you believe that facebook moms don't make up a majority of America, much less the boy scouts then you are delusional

what people say online has no impact unless theyre famous in real life

maybe that's why Annoying Orange won

facebook moms and YouTube comments are all I've seen so far but if you believe that facebook moms don't make up a majority of America, much less the boy scouts then you are delusional

wtf are u talking about

i, too, use youtube comments as proof that my opinion isnt handicapped

facebook moms, the same userbase that believes every clickbait article they read?

I hope you realize that there are millions and millions of people in the US, and that those you see online making comments make up such an infinitesimally small amount of actual representation. Not everyone uses the internet like you do, or even those facebook moms.

you all are acting as though these people I'm citing either aren't real people or are so insignificant that they wont matter, meanwhile you're leaving out the several people who would be against this that don't use the internet

I can think of several people who'd probably be against this; in fact, all these people I'm thinking about are boy scouts

Have you never heard of the concept of vocal minority/silent majority?
Those who oppose a change are typically far more vocal than those who support or have no opinion
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 12:10:14 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

Its incredible that you want to validate these dissenting opinions and actions, despite the fact that the board unanimously agreed to this decision. Honestly I feel bad for the people that would pull out their children, for something so incredibly petty. Boy Scouts teaches great life skills, and it would actually be an interesting move if they chose to assimilate the Girl Scouts and just straight up make it the Scouts of America.