Author Topic: [HISTORIC] Boy Scouts to admit girls into their ranks  (Read 10138 times)

how's it different? girls are getting an obviously inferior experience to boys based on historical presumptions of the differences between lovees
addendum: this is why the rules were made, even if people were to no longer believe these things

and this is starting to sound a lot like "separate but equal" don't you think?
addendum: "separate but equal" was declared unconstitutional based on the argument that separate is inherently unequal, which is conceptually relevant here

yes i think girls should be in the girl scouts damn i really hate those loving broads
you missed the part where the girl scouts are not comparable to the boy scouts in quality or prestige

you missed the part where the girl scouts are not comparable to the boy scouts in quality or prestige

then fix the girl scouts what the forget

addendum: "separate but equal" was declared unconstitutional based on the argument that separate is inherently unequal, which is conceptually relevant here

that's 1. not easy, 2. expensive, and 3.

EDIT: oop nonnel already got this

why not make the colored schools better then what the forget

another addendum: the majority opinion was based on the conclusion that separation reinforced feelings of inferiority in the minority parties, which necessarily resulted in an inferior experience and perpetuated cultural stigma (source for this stuff) (in other words, institutionalized separation will always result in stratification)

still hasn't quite been answered why removing the exclusivity rules is a poor solution to whatever issue is at hand in its own right

i'm actually curious if either one of the groups gotten into legal trouble over this

why not make the colored schools better then what the forget

i bet you thought you were really smart when you hit post huh

if a business provides a stuffty product, you don't stay with them until they fix it. you go somewhere else.

I cant think of a good reason why girls shouldn't be allowed

Also, this is for the cub scouts. In my cub scouts a lot of parents were involved and it was some very basic information taught and then you play some games. Half of my cub scout group leaders were women.

Again, I can't think of a good reason to not allow girls. Plus Scouts sounds cooler than Boy Scouts

it's the same logic my man

i'm actually curious if either one of the groups gotten into legal trouble over this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeaw_v._Boy_Scouts_of_America
Yes, but because the Boy Scouts are not a business establishment, discrimination is apparently legal. Of course, legal =/= right.

is this a retort or

if a business provides a stuffty product, you don't stay with them until they fix it. you go somewhere else.
unless it's an ISP hahahahahaha

it's the same logic my man

get rid of different genders bathrooms after all it's just like jim crow

it isn't irrelevant though, even if it's not necessarily comparable in scale to public education. the argument you're putting forward is that there would be no problem if both organizations were sufficiently equal in quality, and this is precisely the same as "separate but equal" in both doctrine and spirit. thus, the arguments in the majority opinion of brown v. board of education are relevant. the fact is that arbitrary separations along imaginary cultural boundaries will always result in an inequality of experience at the very least

i don't see the point of conjoining them. just seems like everyone wants diversity for no reason
I'm with you. We don't want to give these children the false impression that society is somehow diverse.