These false reviews need to stop.

Author Topic: These false reviews need to stop.  (Read 14891 times)

You can make maps like this default. Put on public brick mode and then anyone can build on it without trust.

Download GSF's anti-brick in modter script and people will be unable to plant bricks inside the modter as it will display a "buried" message when they build on the public bricks.

K so people are too lazy to make their own terrain/interior. This has been established.

Badspot could just include a stuffload of terrain/interior saves made from modter by the community.

so lazy players can just load those builds up and edit them whenever they feel like it.

It's the equivalent of having terrains/interiors of v21.
Maybe we should make a thread in gallery for builds that are entirely made of vanilla bricks

But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your fantasy of me as some kind of video game ruining uber-jew. 

I thought maps were cool in that they grounded you as a LEGO minifigure with plastic blocks instead of some guy putting bricks down. led to interesting perspective imo.
plus skiing down the slopes was grade A

is there no way to make maps on this engine without them looking 2004ish?

I thought maps were cool in that they grounded you as a LEGO minifigure with plastic blocks instead of some guy putting bricks down. led to interesting perspective imo.
plus skiing down the slopes was grade A

is there no way to make maps on this engine without them looking 2004ish?

forget maps just use modter for interiors.

I don't miss interiors but I miss terrain badly. The ability to rapidly form terrain was invaluable when it came to large open-world RPs/RPGs/DMs, especially combined with the accuracy of collision between terrain and vehicles, which just isn't there for bricks. I just don't think anyone has the time to make massive mod-ter maps

What would help though is lifting the 64x brick size restriction. Having 256x mod-ter bricks would reduce brick count and the time it takes to build maps.

Badspot could just include a stuffload of terrain/interior saves made from modter by the community.
This is actually a really good idea.

I don't miss interiors but I miss terrain badly. The ability to rapidly form terrain was invaluable when it came to large open-world RPs/RPGs/DMs, especially combined with the accuracy of collision between terrain and vehicles, which just isn't there for bricks. I just don't think anyone has the time to make massive mod-ter maps

What would help though is lifting the 64x brick size restriction. Having 256x mod-ter bricks would reduce brick count and the time it takes to build maps.
I personally had a problem with people abusing the largeness of terrains. All the large scale things that used terrain were basically a lot of empty space with some things littered about, usually out of view distance from another thing.
I can see the appeal of wanting something so large, but there's got to be something to put in all that space. I say a smaller, well-built RP/RPG/DM will be significantly more enjoyable than a large and vast, dead RP/RPG/DM. And from experience, this has been mostly true. The only exception being dog fights.

But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your fantasy of me as some kind of video game ruining uber-jew. 
What an edgy way to respond to a really straight-forward question

I personally had a problem with people abusing the largeness of terrains. All the large scale things that used terrain were basically a lot of empty space with some things littered about, usually out of view distance from another thing.
I can see the appeal of wanting something so large, but there's got to be something to put in all that space. I say a smaller, well-built RP/RPG/DM will be significantly more enjoyable than a large and vast, dead RP/RPG/DM. And from experience, this has been mostly true. The only exception being dog fights.

It sounds to me like you're referring to like those massive heed slope DMs where nobody actually knew where the forget to go because the enemy base is like 3 iterations away, and yeah those weren't incredibly fun. I'm more referring to use of the mission editor to quickly form terrain for whatever purpose. Need a trench for your DM? 5 seconds and you're done. Need a mountain for your RPG? Also a 5 second job.

I miss that. I've tried it with mod-ter but it just takes so loving long lol. What we really need is a proper terrain generator with painting tools. GSF's isn't really cutting it. Another thing about Modter that I don't like is how you can't normally put water and mod-ter in the same block, and if you get those water bricks that are in the normal collision layer, well then you can't put anything in the water. I'm not sure what kind of work it would entail but, if Badspot put mod-ter into it's own layer, well that would open up a lot of opportunities IMO
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 12:00:24 AM by Rally »

I actually laugh at badspot's posts, he's an unintentional comedian. I finally have a sig on my profile:

In my opinion, all the maps that were created made every server unique. There were servers like: build on a planet, freebuild in slate, clan build servers, DM's in the slopes or many other terrain maps (including GSF San Andreas). This was addicted for most of the people when they were out of fun, they would simple visit another server and make fun there again.

Today when I visit Blockland, a lot of servers are empty and there aren't many people online. Most of the servers I discovered are mostly identical to others, nothing special too.

Something that might make Blockland big again is to re-release a second client on Blockland's site, using version 16 and another name - Blockland Classic. Look to RuneScape, they brought back an old version of RuneScape, and the user base kinda exploded to a new height again. I don't know why Badspot shouldn't try this out, it may be worth it.. even if it was just for a year to see if people really play the old version. I would play for sure, and release my new interior maps I made in the past three years for a Vanilla mod called Blockland Classic Mod.

Here is a map I'm currently working on in v16, these are old screenshots.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 07:52:28 PM by Antares »

since you have no interest in this game at all, and there's still a large sum of people who wish that blockland was still being expanded on, what's your opinion on the concept of the people in this community who are working to expand on blockland through a completely new game? GSF Ghosts 'blockland inspired project' for example
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 09:52:28 AM by Trogtor »

Badspot

• Administrator
Here is a map I'm currently working on in v16, these are old screenshots.
https://s1.postimg.org/3mpnfm55i7/Blockland_00015.png
https://s1.postimg.org/19n0yesewf/Blockland_00017.png
https://s1.postimg.org/5p5g3o3y9b/Blockland_00021.png
https://s1.postimg.org/3q99dbynnj/Blockland_00022.png
https://s1.postimg.org/1k9urk7fbz/Blockland_00023.png
https://s1.postimg.org/5w8nz3qj4f/Blockland_00024.png

Are you actually trying to build the case for maps with those screenshots?  That map is an ideal situation for building with modter and road bricks and it would look 100x better.  Wait are you trolling?  Your post makes you sound completely serious and I just can't tell anymore. 

And your plan for increasing engagement is to fragment the userbase across two versions of the game?  This is why I can't take anything the community says seriously. 

Are you actually trying to build the case for maps with those screenshots?  That map is an ideal situation for building with modter and road bricks and it would look 100x better.  Wait are you trolling?  Your post makes you sound completely serious and I just can't tell anymore. 

And your plan for increasing engagement is to fragment the userbase across two versions of the game?  This is why I can't take anything the community says seriously. 
These are suggestions, why wouldn't it be worth to give it even a try?

it is possible to create interior maps or large terrain maps with modter, but creating something quickly is impossible without a large team or extensive use of the duplicator. larger mod-ter bricks should exist, or pre-built mod-ter landscapes should come by default.