Blocklander of the Year 2017 [CONAN]

Poll

period race

43 (54.4%)
36 (45.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: Blocklander of the Year 2017 [CONAN]  (Read 78603 times)

I have granted Drydess temporary permission to use the vote breakdown function. Handle with care http://vote.block.land/?action=voteBreakdown&poll=102

where did the dox even come from then?

The rule is meant to protect personal information from being leaked, a lot of us know eachother on a first name basis.
well, that's definitely an excuse, because you could literally just as easily have a rule that says "don't share other users' personal information" lol
That has to be understandable!
sure it is. but warning someone that their personal information (even if it's just a photo) is being shared in the group is in no way a threat to your privacy. if anything it's the opposite, that this person considers someone's privacy more important than some stupid discord server rule
just an excuse, like I said

dude thats not what he said at all lol
They purged everyone from the Clique because no one fessed to breaking the rule after someone from the clique posted about it outside of the glory hole. This rule straight up lets people get investigateed and they won't know about it just because GH has this one rule.

They purged everyone from the Clique because no one fessed to breaking the rule after someone from the clique posted about it outside of the glory hole. This rule straight up lets people get investigateed and they won't know about it just because GH has this one rule.
i dont think the rule is in place for malicious reasons like everyone seems to think
i think the whole idea is that they want to feel like they can actually talk to each other on a personal basis and having people in a group that spread this information outside the group isnt what they want

if you just clear out anyone related to the clique because someone from the clique badmouthed you then that's very suspicious.

I have no idea what what said, I was barely even aware of what happened at the time. They were purged on principle of the one rule. Again, its a black and white rule that has been applied to various serious and non-serious cases.

well, that's definitely an excuse, because you could literally just as easily have a rule that says "don't share other users' personal information" lolsure it is. but warning someone that their personal information (even if it's just a photo) is being shared in the group is in no way a threat to your privacy. if anything it's the opposite, that this person considers someone's privacy more important than some stupid discord server rule
just an excuse, like I said

I mean if you want to continue acting like this rule was made to prey on a forum that a lot of the members hardly post on, go ahead. GH has never been a part of any intentionally malicious activity, and the fact that Dry even said he didn't realize that GH was still even active proves that point.

i dont think the rule is in place for malicious reasons like everyone seems to think
i think the whole idea is that they want to feel like they can actually talk to each other on a personal basis and having people in a group that spread this information outside the group isnt what they want
this, however the rule is definitely flawed, as I was kicked from the discord for telling electrk/the forums that they were using alts on the poll, which isn't private info, but rather something that directly relates/affects the BLF and thus should be allowed to be shared here.

GH has never been a part of any intentionally malicious activity

(except when you all ganged up on INH on his drama thread and used the discord to coordinate, including clownfish adding him on steam just to mess with him)

this, however the rule is definitely flawed, as I was kicked from the discord for telling electrk/the forums that they were using alts on the poll, which isn't private info, but rather something that directly relates/affects the BLF and thus should be allowed to be shared here.

Because the rule wasn't made specifically about private information, but it is a major constituent of it. The rule doesn't have nuance, I've said this multiple times.

(except when you all ganged up on INH on his drama thread and used the discord to coordinate, including clownfish adding him on steam just to mess with him)

And that would be any different if the Discord didn't exist and people had their own thoughts to say about him anyway?... The drama thread was already on BLF

so what ike said about dox was a lie, or what?
note: don't care about being shady starfishs here specifically, it's just as ugly if you're using it to be shady starfishs anywhere else

They did dox

Beachbum's face was posted on GH, but eventually removed. It was apparently taken from an old dox or something, completely unrelated to GH. Someone from the Clique who was in GH told the Clique that it was posted, so anyone associated with the Clique was purged from GH since no one fessed to breaking the one rule.

Ah yes, JUST my face.

Don't forget, space inaba (clownfish) and hootaloo (donnies catch) were encouraging the private investigating and loving with me

We never have and never would dox anyone. That rule is in place because many of us share really personal things in the discord and if people show they can’t be trusted to keep information internal, they have to be removed for everyone’s comfort. It is always done in a non aggressive way and the person is always offered ample explanation and even the opportunity to come back if they so desire and we think the issue has been resolved. We are all very kind and supportive but because of that people feel comfortable sharing really sensitive information so we just can’t risk that escaping. That has to be understandable!

Plus, we don’t have many members, definitely not enough with enough alts to seriously impact this vote. We just have a really tight knit group, and each member rallied together to vote for him because we love him!

Except the owner of your discord did it himself

Then implement a rule preventing ACTUALLY MALICIOUS STUFF instead of letting it happen.

That's the basis of a cult. Talk only in-cult. Nothing outside. Anyone outside knows, the snitch gets banned. Having a rule that disallows talking of about the inside of a clique automatically no longer makes it usable without having members who you've known for years - people who know that SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN if they get kicked. And so far, the rule has proved effective to do exactly the opposite of it's intent: it encourages people to spread the insides of the glory hole. If no-one knows who did it, you can't kick the perp. There's no actual private investigating to be going on from revealing your first name - my first name is Julian, infact; preventing the spreading of it only increases the factor of spreading from people.

As Blockomaniac states,
it's a cult of personality. There's no actual leaking to be going on unless you're doing the stupid thing and revealing your actual full name to people you don't know in real life. Most of the stuff leaked out isn't private info, and all of your arguments are thus invalid. The rule is either blatantly a cult-filter or a poorly thought out one.

Because the rule wasn't made specifically about private information, but it is a major constituent of it. The rule doesn't have nuance, I've said this multiple times.

The rule should have nuance, because that's loving handicapped.

And that would be any different if the Discord didn't exist and people had their own thoughts to say about him anyway?...

keyword "coordinated"

you were discussing things to do to him, things to say to him, egging each other on, etc.

it wasn't just people airing their grievances

They did dox

Ah yes, JUST my face.
[img ]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/282443271576485889/369684715315265536/unknown.png[/img]
[img ]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/282443271576485889/369684744281260037/unknown.png[/img]
[img ]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/282443271576485889/369684731933097994/unknown.png[/img]

Don't forget, space inaba (clownfish) and hootaloo (donnies catch) were encouraging the private investigating and loving with me

Except the owner of your discord did it himself

ouch, no wonder you guys have that rule; don't want it to be let out that you're doxing people
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:46:54 PM by Electrk.. »

epic sauce win for gamers everywhere

I still believe I was justified and that the rule is flawed, because things like this should definitely be able to be shared with the BLF because it has everything to do with them

Then implement a rule preventing ACTUALLY MALICIOUS STUFF instead of letting it happen.

That's the basis of a cult. Talk only in-cult. Nothing outside. Anyone outside knows, the snitch gets banned. Having a rule that disallows talking of about the inside of a clique automatically no longer makes it usable without having members who you've known for years - people who know that SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN if they get kicked. And so far, the rule has proved effective to do exactly the opposite of it's intent: it encourages people to spread the insides of the glory hole. If no-one knows who did it, you can't kick the perp. There's no actual private investigating to be going on from revealing your first name - my first name is Julian, infact; preventing the spreading of it only increases the factor of spreading from people.

As Blockomaniac states,it's a cult of personality. There's no actual leaking to be going on unless you're doing the stupid thing and revealing your actual full name to people you don't know in real life. Most of the stuff leaked out isn't private info, and all of your arguments are thus invalid. The rule is either blatantly a cult-filter or a poorly thought out one.

Nah its called a group of friends lol

I still believe I was justified and that the rule is flawed, because things like this should definitely be able to be shared with the BLF because it has everything to do with them

I'm not justifying it, I've just been open about what's happened and what our rule is.