NightHawk's Addon's Topic - Locked

Author Topic: NightHawk's Addon's Topic - Locked  (Read 24870 times)

It would be nice if we had this as an add-on out there somewhere, I know I'd use it.
It's called "Henschel Hs 129."
Quack

while we're on the subject of planes how about a F4U Corsair?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vought_F4U_Corsair
I'd recommend a variant with 6 50 cals so it's comparable to the Mustang we already have

CESSNA
OR BUST
but seriously if you make a plane the first one should be a cessna or another private jet
We do have a Cessna somewhere actually, I think GSF made it but not sure was a few years ago.

We do have a Cessna somewhere actually, I think GSF made it but not sure was a few years ago.
You mean the [GSF] SeaPlane?

well thats GOOD. thank you NIGHTHAWK
FTFY (The _ in my name wasn't intended. The user "nighthawk" is the reason I can't do "NightHawk")

while we're on the subject of planes how about a F4U Corsair?
That almost looks like our P51D Mustang that we have somewhere lurking around the RTB archives.

Not really, the P-51D has a longer body and the wings are mounted in front of the roosterpit
Also if you ever do planes, and end up doing the Crosair + guns, here is an important part to the gun aspect

6 loving guns owo

That almost looks like our P51D Mustang that we have somewhere lurking around the RTB archives.
I assure you it's nothing like a P-51

I assure you it's nothing like a P-51
Well regardless, it still reminds me of it..

Back on topic with the cars, as promised to be remade, here's the beginnings of a new CHALLENGER PACK!

Of course, starting with the classic. Note the under-carriage detail c:

1970 Dodge Challenger V2 R1(View in 3D)

I wanted to try to have extruded lights instead of a light hole carved out in the front, last time that was a pain in the @$$. I used a Forza Motorsport 3 model that I had laying around, and it doesn't have a name engraved yet, nor the "R2" significance, but here are some features that come to mind:

• 2 Variants - Classic, and Modern
  • If you're someone that did not like being forced to have neon interiors, rest assured that it will become a optional CVS part.
  • CVS Support [Duh], Indicators, Steering, and I'll look into reversing lights as well
  • A new style of handling. I've liked how some of Teneksi's recent cars have been handling, so I'll look into contacting him for recommendations.
  • Hand-over-hand steering will be transferred over to the new model still; it will be lightly applied on the upcoming modern model.

If anything else comes to mind, please feel free to suggest.

Here's an old model floating around my p3d account for comparison. Without the roof modifications and smooth shading.

1970 Challenger V1 R1(View in 3D)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 04:34:48 PM by Night_Hawk »

I thought the Challenger has a rear bench, not two rear seats?

I like the 1970 Dodge Challenger V2 R1
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:01:02 PM by master king deaddude »

I thought the Challenger has a rear bench, not two rear seats?
It does, and I may have altered my design and whatnot.

WOW! That R2 is fantastic! I get that the R1 model you linked is just an early version but even the later version has a hard time competing with the R2! Well done indeed.

With that being said, I did notice two things. (Incoming page stretch, sorry for said page stretch).

The car on the left (Modified Challenger) has lines I changed slightly to more closely resemble the real thing. The car on the right is a direct trace-over from the original model. I won't go into the details of what IMHO should be changed (as it's in the pictures), so I'll just provide you with another picture of how the lines in these pictures translate onto the model.

(Ignore the line in the middle of the car, I was messing around with it unnecessarily). The car on the left has the modified lines, whereas the car on the right is just a direct trace.

The second thing is the rear taillights on the R2. They're too tall compared to the R1 (if the R2 had the height of the R1 they'd be perfect).

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 01:04:59 PM by DodgeViperAcr16 »

Please do what you can to eradicate that pagestretch, that's actually a little annoying. Thank you

I slightlly followed what you read there Dodge, but I have been adjusting the model with credits to Teneksi pointing out similar kinks. I can't round the rear of the roof, because it will look like a 90's car instead. On top of that, I can't add too much curvature to the model adding in all this excess detail; you would want to keep the model as simplified as possible.

(See quoted model for modifications)

1970 Dodge Challenger V2 R1.5(View in 3D)

I shortened the rear window to get more color back there, played a bit with the rear arc to get a well-defined curve, and then just now lowered the taillights. I would admit I might've exaggerated the lights if I'm honest about it.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 08:15:28 PM by Night_Hawk »

The side view of the changed model is better, looks more Challenger-esque now. The front (potentially more than) 3/4 view is just a tad weird. Maybe it's just me though.

anyone else just cream their pants looking at the trim around the rear window

anyone else just cream their pants looking at the trim around the rear window
Didn't even notice dude, haha. I was too busy gawking at the smoothness of the model.