Author Topic: thundercats roar - new CN series  (Read 13381 times)

Pretty sure that Verification, Tactical Nuke, and Mr. Nossody are only complaining for the sake of it.

Uh, no? I was merely stating that it looks like everything else coming from CalArts. And I don't like that style of art. Reminds me of goanimate, lazy template art.

that's a pretty nice 180 you did there

did you realize you weren't being a contrarian for the sake of it and had to compensate

I was gonna ask if you understood what 'changing your mind' means but then I remembered who I was talking to

His initial opinion versus his opinion over time aren't one in the same. This isn't a 180, this is just how normal brains form opinions

Took a guess from the title that it was gonna be a comedy show with the same sorta art style every show has been having nowadays.

Unsurprisingly I was right

looks cool, ppl are complaining a lot that it looks so similar to other modern cartoons, but they forget this was common for old CN cartoons too
It's not necessarily bad, its just an observation. Shows tend to use shared styles at times, but there's usually some distinction overall. There really isn't a newly airing CN show that looks drastically different as far as I'm aware though.

Really getting sick of these reboots doing the same lol random humor stuff
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 04:07:29 PM by cooolguy32 »

Pretty sure that Verification, Tactical Nuke, and Mr. Nossody are only complaining for the sake of it.
you're genuinely handicapped and skimmed over my post

Why do you think cartoon network went through a live action phase with shows like Destroy Build Destroy aswell as Nickelodeon and Disney at the same time?
what? disney has always had lots of live actions shows. it still does. nickelodeon too, but to a lesser degree

Although a lot of shows from the 20s to 80s shared similar artstyles with each other, I feel that shows began to differentiate in artstyles in the 90s through early 2000s from ren & stimpy to samurai jack. I feel some cartoon shows are taking steps back to having similar artstyles with each other.

Although a lot of shows from the 20s to 80s shared similar artstyles with each other, I feel that shows began to differentiate in artstyles in the 90s through early 2000s from ren & stimpy to samurai jack. I feel some cartoon shows are taking steps back to having similar artstyles with each other.
those are the outliers tho

different art styles were done on purpose for samurai jack and ren & stimpy; a lot of early nick shows had the same fugly style for a while, and some CN shows looked alike as well

You should also keep in mind some shows were done by the same animators like Genndy Tartakovsky.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 06:01:31 PM by cblock360 »

Comedies are easier to animate. Thats also why they picked an artstyle that looks like stuff. Easier to draw and animate

Unpopular opinion - the reboot won't be ruining anything because the original series itself wasn't very good. Give Thundercats a rewatch and you'll realize that it doesn't live up the nostalgia at all.

if you post the calarts meme youre basically showing how you have no clue about animation
this has been a thing since before i was born lol