Author Topic: Roseanne Cancelled, Jobs lost over SJW bullstuff  (Read 17965 times)

She wouldn't be on everyone's topic list if:
A. MSM wasn't tabloid media
the gist of what you're saying here is that it's okay to be a terrible person as long as nobody notices and holds you to it

B. Roseanne was a hard lefty.
see this makes you look like a hypocrite- Is the issue that she's being held accountable, or is the issue that she's being held accountable while also being a conservative?

being a liberal/progressive/democrat/whatever doesn't make you immune to public backlash. there are dozens of examples of this.

the gist of what you're saying here is that it's okay to be a terrible person as long as nobody notices and holds you to it
see this makes you look like a hypocrite- Is the issue that she's being held accountable, or is the issue that she's being held accountable while also being a conservative?
No, I'm saying it wouldn't and shouldn't be national news. But all the MSM can report on is:
A.Annoying Orange
B.Russia
C.Annoying Orange & Russia
D."Waycism"

I'd like to point out this was just a bad taste joke, not a push to deplatform or remove the person from their job the joke was about.
being a liberal/progressive/democrat/whatever doesn't make you immune to public backlash. there are dozens of examples of this.
No, being a super liberal, sjw and hard dem makes you immune to extreme backlash.

A.Annoying Orange
B.Russia
D."Waycism"

I like it how you keep downplaying the tribal impact of her statement to be an overreaction yet won't outright say it wasn't tribal.

You're too much of a pusillanimous individual to stop beating around the bush because you know you're wrong lol

Why, why the forget is every company "family-friendly"?
It's only a matter of time until research industries try to be "family-friendly".

This is the most handicapped thing i've ever heard, not every damn company should be loving "family-friendly".
ABC is a media company. Media companies need to maintain a positive image. A lot of people in the United States do not consider racism to be positive. Hence, racism degrades their positive image, thus degrading their viewership, thus degrading their income. Having a blatant tribal who can't keep their mouth shut as a star of a show on their network can not only risk the viewership of that show, but also their entire network. It is much easier and more effective to get rid of one garbage person and their show as damage control than it is to dance around them or hope people won't stop watching.

Well they've proven to me they're too knee-jerk to make enjoyable friendly.
I don't know what this is supposed to mean.

Unless their content can be enjoyed by a 2 year old child it's loving UNACCEPTABLE. Just like YT, TV is trash because we're allowing a circle jerking little town in a failed abortion of a state to make our moral choices for us.
I don't think you understand that public perception matters a lot when you run a media network. Family sitcoms are a dime a dozen, there are a multitude of options for TV networks in what is already a declining industry. It's not a moral matter, it's one of pragmatism. Why risk your dwindling viewers over one person who couldn't bother to not forget themselves and everyone else on Twitter?
forget everyone's feelings.

She wouldn't be on everyone's topic list if:
A. MSM wasn't tabloid media
B. Roseanne was a hard lefty.
A. You mean MSN, and a lot of news networks are covering this with Roseanne as a bad person, not just them. It's almost like she did something bad!
B. I don't think you need to be a hard lefty to not be openly tribal.

I like it how you keep downplaying the tribal impact of her statement to be an overreaction yet won't outright say it wasn't tribal.

You're too much of a pusillanimous individual to stop beating around the bush because you know you're wrong lol
tribal, not necessarily.
Racism is discrimination based on race, or thats what the term used to mean.

Now it's "anything vaguely related to skin tone (or islam) that can be considered offensive"

tribal, not necessarily.

Now it's "anything vaguely related to skin tone (or islam) that can be considered offensive"

she compared a black woman to an ape

I don't know what this is supposed to mean.

Matthew is desperate to reframe this as the studio for being unreasonable for distancing themselves from Roseanne. If you read through his posts it becomes very apparent that everything he's saying is an attempt to reframe everything into something that's easier to attack.

So calling a black person a monkey isn't race discrimination based on race???

was there not already a precedent set where you say some awful, tribal stuff on a public space and get fired for it?

What tribal thing did she say

Is it tribal if I say that black chick from Ghostbusters reminds me of a gorilla? I don't think it's that deep

Having said that though, she did it to herself, and I don't care enough about the show to be bothered going back and forth over it, so nty

So calling a black person a monkey isn't race discrimination based on race???
No, it's offensive, but not discrimination.
The person is not losing their job, status or credibility based on race because of this tweet. They may be offended, but that's the worst of it.

No, it's offensive, but not discrimination.

Has it ever occurred to you at any point that people may argue how reality is while not also supporting it? Is this something you have even considered?

Her show got canceled. Fair game, her contract probably had a clause literally for a situation like this, knowing ABC. Studios cancel shows all the time for bullstuff reasons, but everyone explained to you why without saying they were justified. The point of saying they did it because of her tribal statement is because everyone recognizes they're doing it for money and image, so their advertisers wouldn't pull out.

Nobody subscribes to your crazy bullstuff because everyone already is familiar with why this happened, it's a common-sense concept. Accusing everyone of being a liberal shill for not buying into your ranting just makes you look more disconnected than anything.

Has it ever occurred to you at any point that people may argue how reality is while not also supporting it? Is this something you have even considered?
dont even ask. he doesnt think like that

No, I'm saying it wouldn't and shouldn't be national news. But all the MSM can report on is:
A.Annoying Orange
B.Russia
D."Waycism"
I'm pretty sure it's national news because it's a controversial and terrible statement made by a national celebrity. You yourself made this thread and helped amplify the news - did the 'MSM' force you at gunpoint to do it?

No, being a super liberal, sjw and hard dem makes you immune to extreme backlash.
I mean, that's literally bullstuff. A US senator just recently resigned as a result of a loveual scandal after being skewered on the news about it for weeks. A Democratic senator.

What's happening here is that you're trying to turn backlash over blatant racism into democrats vs. republicans when really it's good people versus terrible people.

only a filthy loving liberal would be uh, against racism

Matthew is one bad post away from promoting an ethnostate

You don't have a point because all your posts are trash lol

and neither do you because you post pony research