Which CRP server was the best?

Yorktown95 Mar 2012
Wink Jul 2012
Furdle Aug 2012
Jasa Feb 2013
Yorktown95 Jun 2013
Yorktown95 Apr 2014
CRP2 July 2019

Author Topic: CRP2 - Update Pg8  (Read 70249 times)

Unrelated to the brickadia talk but I hate to be another one of those guys but either host a server or release the gamemode. I need my cityrpg fix, man.

And related to the Brickadia talk - why are they stupid enough to release a blockland clone with zero mod support?

its in alpha, they didnt release it? its just a public alpha and still is getting core new features added to it on a regular basis, and modding is confirmed to be one of them.

none of this has to do with crp. sad!

Brickadia is just trying to add as many features as standard before they release it to the modding community.

Blockland launched without an ammo system and so every weapon pack came with their own half-assed and incompatible ammo system. As a result you have 80 add-ons that package /light and you can actually crash some servers by spamming your light while dead.

Blockland launched without an interactive brick system, and so JVS came along and filled the need rather poorly.
Problems with JVS doors:

• 16 events to open a goddamn door.
  • stuffty AIM sounds
  • Ego-wank "jvs" tab instead of being in the special/interactive tab where they belong
  • Ass-backwards-as-forget loop structure that causes the brick loading times to increase for all bricks for each jvs door that you have installed.  If you have 50 JVS doors installed, you're looking at a 10x increase in loading times.  This alone is reason to remove it from the game permanently.  I regret not CRC failing when I discovered this issue years ago. 
  • Overly complicated door blocking system that requires a taxing container radius search every time someone opens a door.  Door disabling can easily be implemented via toggleEventEnabled or setRayCastingEnabled.
  • Overly complicated ID restriction system that serves no purpose except providing yet another way for power starved pre-teens to give themselves special privileges over other users so they can have some semblance of empowerment in their otherwise impotent lives.

Brickadia is just trying to add as many features as standard before they release it to the modding community.

I admit to not being an expert but that sounds kind of full of stuff, and I have my doubts they will ever add modding capabilities: the devs of Brickadia give me two impressions:
a) Control freaks
b) They don't get what made blockland good

I get wanting to make sure it's ABSOLUTELY PERFECT but they really should have done that before release. I don't think they could have missed the point any harder.

i like having 50 new guns and 50 new cosmetics instead of modding

i like having 50 new guns and 50 new cosmetics instead of modding
no wrestling weapon though

because one thread bitching about brickadia wasn't enough

OT: is city rp actually fun? i've never played it, in the past when go to check it out i either get put off by huge file downloads or get overwhelmed by the amount of /help commands needed to understand how to actually play. i'd just wander around the map until i get shot and then leave the game. am i missing out on something?

am i missing out on something?
Yes. Too bad we cant get enough players for it to be fun.
City RP was awesome.
A few hours of grinding and then your off your feet to make fun of others who are still grinding.
All the while a ecosystem of criminals and cops are fighting while you're just trying to live your life.
You can join the criminals or the cops too. Makes for some really fun times.

The situations that can occur are endless and the gamemode gets really fun after the initial start.

Really the people playing are what make or break the game. Some city rp's have mayor voting and I recall one server got really tense between a election. Buying your own little lego property is fun too. I recall there was the hitman role if you were a criminal, and there was a really good player and people kept hiring him to kill randos. Eventually the whole police force took him out, but it was awesome to observe the chase that led up to his death.

Funnest time I had was when dup trick still worked and I met some random billionare who showed me you could dup full grown drugs.

We basically became the kingpins of the server until the admins realized we were using dup and banned us.

The only time it sucks is the initial start, and prison. Prison really sucks. Usually just go afk.

because one thread bitching about brickadia wasn't enough

OT: is city rp actually fun? i've never played it, in the past when go to check it out i either get put off by huge file downloads or get overwhelmed by the amount of /help commands needed to understand how to actually play. i'd just wander around the map until i get shot and then leave the game. am i missing out on something?

I will say that a lot of old players played since the earlier days when it was still in the early stages. Was way simpler back then. All Jookia's CityRP had was 4 jobs, one type of lots, and only a bank and police station. Very little commands to learn and honestly much simpler. For instance, commands were as simple as /help jobs instead of /help list jobs that appeared in later mods. Easy to see why the gamemode has died over the years.

New Poll

Poll Fail. Diggy's server (2009) isn't listed.

Edit: Oh wait, those are servers that exclusively ran CRP, aren't they?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 10:49:47 AM by stargatefan »

Poll Fail. Diggy's server (2009) isn't listed.

Edit: Oh wait, those are servers that exclusively ran CRP, aren't they?
My mod wasn't running on Diggy's server

Any way to retake poll?
Meant to vote jasa and crpg2 but accidentally voted furdle and crpg 2.
Idek furdle.