Activision C&D's Fangame "Spyro: Myths Awaken" | A change of heart

Author Topic: Activision C&D's Fangame "Spyro: Myths Awaken" | A change of heart  (Read 6608 times)

my family pirates everything because they're cheap. I usually don't pirate because it's easier to buy the game.

it sucks that people dedicated time and resources to developing an illegal game in the first place. the cease and desist was a guaranteed outcome from the start, any sane developer wouldn't have even started on such a project
I meant more that it sucks from the devs perspective. As in its a somewhat negative outcome for them.

The good thing for the devs is that they don't have to throw all their work away. They just have to mainly rework the main characters/anything tied to the Spyro IP and they could still release it fine.

I meant more that it sucks from the devs perspective. As in its a somewhat negative outcome for them.

The good thing for the devs is that they don't have to throw all their work away. They just have to mainly rework the main characters/anything tied to the Spyro IP and they could still release it fine.
thanks for repeating what I've said 4 times in this thread

people who don't like paying for their entertainment like adults will always find excuses to get their stuff for free. weebs who like to pirate anime excuse it by saying "well do these streaming services that pay the animators for their work actually do it oh and this flash player is cancer and ugh there are so many exclusives" so they decide instead that they'll watch their anime for free on some rinky-dinky website that gives their computer super gonaherpesyphilaids and whose owners just steal everything from japan because it's free. I should know, I've done it in the past when I was a kid before I grew up and realized things cost money.

if this spyro game is bad and it stays up, like phantos says, it would tarnish the image of the spyro brand. think about old internet stories like jeff the killer. tell me the first thing that comes to mind when you do: the horrifying story where he carves stuff into his face and kills family members or the horrifying fanart where he bones eyeless jack. if this game is good, then people will have no reason to spend money to buy the remakes, something that would actually benefit the people who made spyro as opposed to the alternative where no one gets any compensation for anything. you said yourself in the OP that there are supposedly tons of problems with the remake even though all I've seen from promotional footage is an alright game, though I'm not into spyro so I wouldn't know. if you're pointing such things out then what's to say that people will just keep playing the free game and not "waste" their money?
If the fangame is really better than their actual game, then maybe they need to rethink their loving company. "Boo hoo, I can't make money by being mediocre. The poor fangame is beating me up!" - a loving giant company.

This is literally the same as A 20 year old man sueing a 5 year old for lightly sassing him, grow a pair.

This is literally the same as A 20 year old man sueing a 5 year old for lightly sassing him, grow a pair.
no

If the fangame is really better than their actual game, then maybe they need to rethink their loving company.

This is practically the most anti-consumer thing I've ever heard you spout. Good job!

This is practically the most anti-consumer thing I've ever heard you spout. Good job!
How is this "anti-consumer" this is literally the opposite. Killing a free game that's better than your own so you can keep making $39.99 off mediocre garbage? oh yeah, pro consumerism right there. I think the term you were looking for was anti-corporation.

If the fangame is really better than their actual game, then maybe they need to rethink their loving company. "Boo hoo, I can't make money by being mediocre. The poor fangame is beating me up!" - a loving giant company.

so your response to a company losing money is “grow a pair” lmao what
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 03:08:35 PM by Drydess »

so your response to a company losing money is “grow a pair” lmao what
They're only going to lose money because of their own incompetence. If they want to make money, make games not mediocre microtransaction stuff and half-assed remakes.

They're only going to lose money because of their own incompetence. If they want to make money, make games not mediocre microtransaction stuff and half-assed remakes.
no they will lose money because people who want spyro will go to the free spyro Fan Game and not the official title that costs money and took thousands of doliars to produce

MM's opinion on copyright protection and ownership varies depending on the situation. When small companies are copyrighted strike by larger ones for stealing. But when big channels on YouTube have their videos and content reposted by bot channels and they strike the clone channels, that's entirely within their moral right

amazing. imagine justifying both theft of intellectual property and socio economic darwinism in the same breath